• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Desantis Declares Himself Emperor Of Florida?

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – As lawmakers in Tallahassee consider Gov. Ron DeSantis’ budget proposal this session, they will be also be deciding whether to approve a steep funding increase establishing Florida’s own branch of the military.

DeSantis announced the revival of the Florida State Guard last June.

The state guard was dismantled at the end of World War II.

“The Florida State Guard will be comprised of Floridians, and it will be assigned to assist and help only Floridians,” DeSantis said in a news conference last June. “It will not be subject to be mobilized by the federal government, and the federal government cannot impose policies or penalties on the Florida State Guard.”

DeSantis claimed the Florida National Guard, which is governed by the federal government and was credited for helping rescue people after hurricanes Ian and Nicole last year, was not providing enough resources to the state.
Makes sense.

News 6 investigated and found the national guard’s own records show they have capped the number of Florida National Guard troops at 12,000 since 1958, which resulted in Florida ranking 53 out of 54 states and territories when it comes to the number of troops per capita.

Major Gen. John Haas, the assistant adjutant general for the Florida National Guard, admitted to the shortcomings during a recent meeting of the Florida Senate Committee on Military and Veterans Affairs.

“We will always be challenged as long as we are an undersized formation,” he told the committee.

Twenty-two other states have supplemented the national guard with their own state guard forces.

Why would you arbitrarily be a dick and pick a fight with a massive corporation that can bat you down?

It is absurd. We have a GOP politician that doesn't give a damn about "woke" or "Disney" picking a fight with Disney, a massive conglomeration who otherwise is a bit of a heel, except when political whores take up causes they don't believe in to get a chance to run for President.

Yeah this has been all over reddit for the last few days and is pure. Fucking. Gold.

Also pay close attention to the requirement that the new board maintains roads and infrastructure to the standard previously created by Disney.

They can't. They won't.

So not only have they been cut off at the knees, they have a doom clock ticking down over their heads of 30 days past the first failure to promptly fix a pothole, which will be any day now since the new board was selected specifically for their incompetence at theme park management and support.

I like the part where this new agreement is in effect until 21 years after the last currently living descendant of King Charles III dies.

I like the part where this new agreement is in effect until 21 years after the last currently living descendant of King Charles III dies.
It's a common technique to sideskirt perpetuity clauses.

So not only have they been cut off at the knees, they have a doom clock ticking down over their heads of 30 days past the first failure to promptly fix a pothole, which will be any day now since the new board was selected specifically for their incompetence at theme park management and support.
Where do you see this? I haven't seen anything in the articles, or searches of the text

Where do you see this? I haven't seen anything in the articles, or searches of the text
I read reddit. There are indepth discussions available of exactly what the structure around the issue looks like.

Essentially, the covenant required the board during the period of perpetuity to maintain the roads and infrastructure of reedy creek, with 30 days to respond to all notices of insufficient upkeep, as I understood it.

The new board, however, are inept administrators. The same law requires that the appointees to the new board have no theme park experience. Ostensibly it was put there to prevent "conflict of interest" but in reality was just meant to keep Disney from requesting seats.

So, the result is that there are people who know nothing of the logistics of maintaining theme park infrastructure statutorily charged with maintaining theme park infrastructure at the same level as experienced theme park maintenance comptrollers.

Ok, so what happens when they fail to keep things in good repair?
Have you learned nothing from Dr. Donald?
Sue their pants off, of course. Add some millions for every pothole not fixed promptly, more for business lost, plus damage to the Disney image .., could run into billions.

Disney can sue the state for failure to meet their obligations under the law, and possibly get the law struck.

Disney can sue the state for failure to meet their obligations under the law, and possibly get the law struck.
DeSantis: "We're going to take on Woke Hollywood! We are going to destroy the woke!"

DeSantis behind closed doors right about now: "This Woke Hollywood company has some of the most ruthless lawyers on the planet? But...I thought it was a happy place? We're fucked."

DeSantis: "We're going to take on Woke Hollywood! We are going to destroy the woke!"

DeSantis behind closed doors right about now: "This Woke Hollywood company has some of the most ruthless lawyers on the planet? But...I thought it was a happy place? We're fucked."
Just heard a good one:

The Disney legal strategy was mapped out by Matt Murdoch and She Hulk, Attorney At Law.

Disney could easily just shut down and concentrate on California. If they said that DeSantis and all of Florida would shit.

Probably not realistic

Disney could easily just shut down and concentrate on California. If they said that DeSantis and all of Florida would shit.
So would I. I bought a little Disney stock a while back, and while I would be okay with losing $$ if it inflicted enough pain on the Meatball, I'd prefer to see them vanquish the forces of evil that have beset them in FL.

339595906_238009918789600_1030665454927677484_n.jpg

The arrest of a Florida teenager for allegedly threatening a school shooting has reignited a bitter feud between a former health department analyst fired after she accused the state of covering up Covid data, and the Republican governor, Ron DeSantis.

The 13-year-old is the son of Rebekah Jones, the founder of Florida’s pandemic database, who clashed frequently with DeSantis after her dismissal on grounds of insubordination.

According to officials in Santa Rosa county, the boy made online threats in February to “shoot up” a middle school or stab people, resulting in a charge of internet-related terrorism.

But in a Twitter thread, Jones claimed her son Jackson was “kidnapped on the governor’s orders” as retaliation for her filing a lawsuit last month to try to win her job back, and had been cleared as “not a threat” by police and school officials.

“That’s what they do in Florida: steal your children as political punishment,” she wrote.

Jones said her son only reposted internet memes about mass shootings in a Snapchat group with friends, yet was arrested and detained in a juvenile facility because “he has a target on his back”.

The Miami Herald reported on Thursday that the youth was arrested on Wednesday.
“A week after we filed our lawsuit against the state, a kid claiming to be the cousin of one of my son’s classmates joined their Snapchat group. They recorded their conversations, and anonymously reported my son to police for sharing a popular internet meme,” she said.

“They said they had to complete a threat assessment since they received an anon complaint, which both the local cops and the school signed off on as not being a threat.”

Two weeks later, she said, the state issued a warrant for “digital threats of terrorism”.

Back
Top Bottom