• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Detroit killer convicted

RavenSky

The Doctor's Wife
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Wrong decision. The young woman had 0.22% BAC and was high as well. In addition she banged so hard against his door that she incurred injury to her hands in the process. That shows she didn't merely knock to ask for help. The "she merely asked for help" canard is further implausible because of the 3 hour gap between her accident and her death. Prosecution didn't even offer an explanation to what she was doing during this time.

And last but not least Detroit is one of the most dangerous cities in the US. Yet now this poor man is convicted for murder merely for defending his home. I hope he appeals and prevails. The judge excluded evidence from Renisha's cell phone that show her thuggishness and is reminiscent of similar evidence in the Tray-Von case.

He opened the door when he didn't have to, he made zero attempt to call the police before muderering her, and he lied to the police after.

He is more of a bumbling murdering asshole than Zimmerman is. Fortunately, the jury in Detroit had the smarts to convict this jackass on ALL THREE COUNTS. He isn't going to get anything overturned on appeal, IF he's fool enough to even try.

I hope he rots in prison, and I hope the next racist fuckward thinks twice before inserting themselves into situations voluntarily then declaring open season on black people because they were in fear for their lives over the color of someone else's skin.

I was going to start a "countdown until Derec shows up and declares this a miscarriage of justice" comment, but it appears I'm too late.

Apparently this decision was wrong because the jury was comprised of darkies and womenfolk.

He opened the door when he didn't have to, he made zero attempt to call the police before muderering her, and he lied to the police after.
Where did he lie?
And he had a crazy, drunk woman banging away at his door at 4am right outside one of the most dangerous cities in the US. A city where pizza can get there way faster than the police.

He is more of a bumbling murdering asshole than Zimmerman is.
No. He defended his home.
Fortunately, the jury in Detroit had the smarts to convict this jackass on ALL THREE COUNTS.
I do not see any smarts in today's jury decision. A man was convicted for defending his home because he had the wrong skin color and so the prosecutor could let it rip with a whole deck of race cards.
He isn't going to get anything overturned on appeal, IF he's fool enough to even try.
What's he got to lose? And in any case, he had grounds because the original judge suppressed exculpatory evidence.

I hope he rots in prison, and I hope the next racist fuckward
What evidence do you have that he is racist? Or a "fuckward" (whatever that means)?
thinks twice before inserting themselves into situations voluntarily
He did not insert himself into any situation, much less voluntarily. He was sleeping in his house when this drunk and high woman started banging on his door. He did not volunteer to have that happen to him.
It is Renisha who voluntarily created the situation that led to her death. Why didn't she simply go home after the crash? She had enough time (3 hours that are still unexplained). Or even better, remained at the scene of her DUI crash?
then declaring open season on black people because they were in fear for their lives over the color of someone else's skin.
He had fear for his life not over her skin color but because of her behavior, which was very aggressive and violent.
There was no "open season" on black people. He did not drive around shooting at blacks, which your turn of phrase implies. He shot at somebody who he thought (and who might well have been) is trying to gain illegal entry into his house. At 4 am. Just outside the hellscape that is Detroit.

Apparently this decision was wrong because the jury was comprised of darkies and womenfolk.
This decision was wrong because of the decision they arrived at. Had the same jury, with the same composition, arrived at a "not guilty" verdict I would have thought the decision right, no matter who was on the jury.

That said, the racial/gender composition of the jury probably played a role in their verdict. When a black man is convicted of a crime having too many white people on the jury is considered a problem. So why not apply the same logic here?

Where did he lie?
And he had a crazy, drunk woman banging away at his door at 4am right outside one of the most dangerous cities in the US. A city where pizza can get there way faster than the police.
Did you even read the article I linked? HE ADMITTED HE LIED TO POLICE!

Oh of course... Stupid me.... Why would you bother reading the article to get any of the facts when you've already made up your mind on the basis of the genders and race of the involved parties.

Derec, I swear that if it were anyone other than you posting this bullshit, I'd think I was being punked.

Where did he lie?

He is more of a bumbling murdering asshole than Zimmerman is.
No. He defended his home.
Fortunately, the jury in Detroit had the smarts to convict this jackass on ALL THREE COUNTS.
I do not see any smarts in today's jury decision. A man was convicted for defending his home because he had the wrong skin color and so the prosecutor could let it rip with a whole deck of race cards.
He isn't going to get anything overturned on appeal, IF he's fool enough to even try.
What's he got to lose? And in any case, he had grounds because the original judge suppressed exculpatory evidence.

I hope he rots in prison, and I hope the next racist fuckward
What evidence do you have that he is racist? Or a "fuckward" (whatever that means)?
thinks twice before inserting themselves into situations voluntarily
He did not insert himself into any situation. He was sleeping in his house when this drunk and high woman started banging on his door.
then declaring open season on black people because they were in fear for their lives over the color of someone else's skin.
He had fear for his life not over her skin color but because of her behavior, which was very aggressive and violent.
There was no "open season" on black people. He did not drive around shooting at blacks, which your turn of phrase implies. He shot at somebody who he thought (and who might well have been) is trying to gain illegal entry into his house. At 4 am. Just outside the hellscape that is Detroit.

Derec, he first claimed the gun discharged by accident before claiming he fired in self defense. At least one of those statements is a lie. Maybe both.

As far as Detroit being a hellscape: I'm mostly just a small town gal but I've spent some time in some big cities, including Detroit. I actually took public transportation on a daily basis for a few years in Detroit. I parked in a parking garage in Detroit. At night. I was not only never attacked but I was never approached by anyone who remotely was threatening. Not even once. Now, I stayed out of bad neighborhoods, of course.

This incident did not occur in Detroit but in a suburb of Detroit. The crime rate of Dearborn Heights is actually lower than the average U.S. city crime rate. It's actually lower than the crime rate of the suburb I used to live in, according to this map:

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Dearborn-Heights-Michigan.html

And as I pointed out the last time this incident was discussed, I've had strangers (as in more than one at a time) bang on my door in the middle of the night, demanding to be let in. They certainly were drunk and quite possibly also high. They were definitely male, so probably more threatening than most lone women. I don't know if they were black or white or some other color because it was night and I didn't go to the door. Somehow, I managed not to kill them. It didn't even occur to me to do so. I did call the police but the drunks were gone before the cops arrived. Pizza also arrives at my door faster than the police, even in the small town where I now live.

Did you even read the article I linked? HE ADMITTED HE LIED TO POLICE!
No I did not. ThinkProgress is a far left blog and thus not very trustworthy. Do you have any more reliable and not as blatantly biased source?

Oh of course... Stupid me.... Why would you bother reading the article to get any of the facts when you've already made up your mind on the basis of the genders and race of the involved parties.
No, I actually followed the case. I know about her 0.22% BAC (three hours after the accident and even longer since she stopped drinking which means her peak BAC would have been even much higher).
I know about the three missing hours for which the prosecution offered no explanation. I know about the injuries to her hands which came from violently banging against Wafer's screen doors. I know about damage to the screen door from this violent banging. I know about the general shoddiness of the police investigation that alone should have sunk this case in front of any impartial jury.
Whatever this was, it was not a case of a frightened young woman who merely wanted to ask for help after an accident as the prosecution and left wing sources claim. For one, there were people at the scene who offered to help her, but she wandered off. Then there is the three hour gap and the fact that she could have walked home in much shorter time - she had no reason to bang on doors of strangers.
Why she decided to go to Wafer's house and bang on his door we will probably never know. But we do know it was not simply to "ask for help". Maybe she wanted to rob him to get money for more drugs/alcohol. Did she have an accomplice as the defense suggested? Three hours would be enough to contact one or more of her homies and hatch a robbery plan. More background on her and her associations would have been helpful but alas the judge disallowed that evidence.

I think it is you who formed your opinion solely on race and gender.

Derec, I swear that if it were anyone other than you posting this bullshit, I'd think I was being punked.
Unfortunately, there are several people besides you I expect would be posting the same bullshit you are, so it's more difficult to feel punked. :)

Well Derec, go read whatever source you want, because it is a FACT that he lied to the police. a FACT he fully admits. If you really want to defend yet another racist murderer, you go right ahead. I wouldn't expect anything less of you :rolleyes:

In the meantime, at least this one racist murderer is going to prison, and for that I am thankful.

Well Derec, go read whatever source you want, because it is a FACT that he lied to the police. a FACT he fully admits. If you really want to defend yet another racist murderer, you go right ahead. I wouldn't expect anything less of you :rolleyes:

In the meantime, at least this one racist murderer is going to prison, and for that I am thankful.

Don't you understand that if a man goes to jail for killing a black accident victim in the middle of the night that we will all be less free? Why do you hate white people? What is it about being a liberal that compels you to constantly oppress white people for the crime of being born white? [/conservolibertarian]

Derec, he first claimed the gun discharged by accident before claiming he fired in self defense. At least one of those statements is a lie. Maybe both.
Or he could have been initially confused due to adrenalin and the fact that he was woken at 4am.

This incident did not occur in Detroit but in a suburb of Detroit.
His house is about a quarter mile from the Detroit city limits.

And as I pointed out the last time this incident was discussed, I've had strangers (as in more than one at a time) bang on my door in the middle of the night, demanding to be let in. They certainly were drunk and quite possibly also high. They were definitely male, so probably more threatening than most lone women. I don't know if they were black or white or some other color because it was night and I didn't go to the door. Somehow, I managed not to kill them. It didn't even occur to me to do so. I did call the police but the drunks were gone before the cops arrived. Pizza also arrives at my door faster than the police, even in the small town where I now live.
I have never shot anybody either but that doesn't mean this man should spend the rest of his life or even two years in prison. He didn't chose the confrontation - Renisha did. He was merely sleeping in his own bed minding his own damn business.
And again, jury ignored the inconsistencies in the prosecution story about a woman who merely was asking for help becsuse her cell phone battery was dead (even though she could have easily walked home in the three hours between her accident and her death and even though there were people on the scene wanting to render help). If both stories, that of the prosecution and that of the defense, have some inconsistencies the proper verdict is "not guilty" because of the burden of proof.

Well Derec, go read whatever source you want, because it is a FACT that he lied to the police. a FACT he fully admits. If you really want to defend yet another racist murderer, you go right ahead. I wouldn't expect anything less of you
Lying requires intent to deceive. Merely being wrong about something is not necessarily lying.
On the other hand, I am pretty sure the prosecution knew full well that their story about Renisha merely asking for help because her cell phone battery died was bullshit. Which would make their case a lie. They also (unfortunately successfully) sought to suppress exculpatory evidence because they knew that if jury knew St. Renisha's background they would be less inclined to buy the nonsense that she was merely a damsel in distress who meant no harm to anybody.
What evidence do you have that he is racist?

You go right on ahead defending racist murderers Derek:

While he initially told police after the accident that he deployed his gun by accident, he conceded at trial that wasn’t the truth. He said he didn’t know why he lied at first, speculating that perhaps he was in “denial” about what he had done.

“I wasn’t gonna cower in my house,” he said.

He wasn't going to cower in his house. oh no, he wasn't. He wasn't going to do the sensible thing of calling the police and then staying in a safe place, out of any imagined danger. Oh no, not this racist. He's going to open his door for no reason whatsoever and kill himself a black person.

I'm just glad this particular racist murderer is going to prison, and I hope this is the start of an appropriate pushback to the scumbags who purposely insert themselves into confrontations with, then murder, black people while cowardly claiming fear for their lives from un-armed innocent people.

He defended his home.

You're not allowed to kill people who knock on your door, even if they do it really loudly and at night.

You're not allowed to use lethal force to defend your home from having its door knocked and its porch stood upon. You can do it to defend yourself or another person from danger, and in many places you can do it to stop a crime. But you're not allowed to kill someone just standing there on your porch no matter how angry you are at seeing them there.

Last edited:

Don't you understand that if a man goes to jail for killing a black accident victim in the middle of the night that we will all be less free? Why do you hate white people? What is it about being a liberal that compels you to constantly oppress white people for the crime of being born white? [/conservolibertarian]

Well, she was also female.

That makes this a twofer.

Last edited:
You're not allowed to kill people who knock on your door, even if they do it really loudly and at night.
Unless there's three hours missing from the narrative, then the conditions of deadly force have been met.

If he felt so threatened by someone knocking on his door, why open said door, removing a barrier between himself & someone he claims to be threatening? IMO that doesn't make sense. She knocked on the door at zero dark thirty, but I don't see that as a threat, an annoyance yes, but in and of itself, I'm not convinced. Had the door caved in, and she entered, then I'd agree, but that didn't happen. If she'd asked him to come out, and he refused, I'd understand that, but still I wouldn't think that shooting her was justified. I don't think that the "missing time" really matters as IMO it doesn't really say anything as to whether or not she would have been reasonably perceived as a threat.

Back
Top Bottom