• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Did Black Lives Matter cost Hillary the presidency?

By the way, Darthmouth refused to punish #BLM activists who were harassing white students in the library and destroyed a Blue Lives Matter display.

Oh my NO! Thems Blacks were exercising political speech. We can't have them participating in an open discussion. They should have been beaten by the Campus Police and expelled and then suspended!

Dartmouth should lose its charter for coddling them darkies! Lock em' up!
Derec would probably do it himself, but he's too busy trying to find a cop who was convicted of something in disregard for "the facts or circumstances".

Why? I have never voted a straight ticket.
And if this were just politics, I'd agree with your context free generalization. We are talking about Donald Trump. North Carolina, an incumbent Republican Governor lost in a state Trump won. I suppose maybe some Independents looked at the financial consequences of the Governor's actions, but otherwise, why would Independents support Trump for President, but Cooper for Governor?

Sure Wallace was a Democrat and so was Kennedy. But Trump is the Wallace and McCrory is like Trump.
Independents are not blinded by political party loyalty. You seem to assume that if they vote for one Democrat then it is inconceivable that they could also vote for a Republican. You are also assuming that they voted for Trump rather than against Clinton.

Could it be that the independent voter thought that both the incumbent Republican Governor was unacceptable because of his record and that Clinton was also unacceptable because of her record without giving any consideration of their party affiliations?

ETA:
Party loyalists seem find it impossible to understand that independents look at candidates rather than parties.

Last edited:
Oh my NO! Thems Blacks were exercising political speech. We can't have them participating in an open discussion. They should have been beaten by the Campus Police and expelled and then suspended!

Destroying other people's political speech is not protected political speech.
Forcing your political speech on people who just want to study in peace is not protected political speech.
They should have been disciplined and if they were conservative activists they certainly would have been. Why should #BLM get a pass on things others would get punished for.
And nobody said anything about getting "beaten up by campus police".

Dartmouth should lose its charter for coddling them darkies! Lock em' up!
If they are treating black activists differently than they are treating others doing similar things then they need some consequences too. Perhaps alumni can withhold donations for example.
And if they are this lax with any protesters (very doubtful), then they should rethink their policies.
Derec would probably do it himself, but he's too busy trying to find a cop who was convicted of something in disregard for "the facts or circumstances".
:rolleyes:

Destroying other people's political speech is not protected political speech.
You might want to recheck your source. The poster was not destroyed.

Forcing your political speech on people who just want to study in peace is not protected political speech.
Actually it is. That's the point of speech, bystanders get to hear it.

They should have been disciplined and if they were conservative activists they certainly would have been. Why should #BLM get a pass on things others would get punished for.
They wouldn't have.

Why would BLM cost hillary the election when hillary's relationship with the movement one would generously call cold? To my knowledge Hillary never endorsed the movement or directly accepted their platform into her campaign.

Far more likely is that her unwillingness to accept BLM in any real capacity cost her votes than anything else.

So Derec I'm not sure where the assumption that BLM is somehow linked to the Clinton campaign comes from other than maybe some campaign BS where she stood next to a BLM organizer for ten seconds I just never saw.

If they are treating black activists differently than they are treating others doing similar things then they need some consequences too.

"IF" ? Again? I don't suppose you have any evidence that your "IF" is actually taking place any more than you have evidence of a cop who was convicted of something in disregard for "the facts or circumstances". Admit it - you are simply scared of black people.

Perhaps alumni can withhold donations for example.

No, Dartmouth has a gun to their heads. :rolleyes: Sheesh, dude. If alumni didn't learn to think for themselves whilst they attended Dartmouth, they shouldn't be donating, they should be suing for their money back. Just like the dupes who got suckered into Trump U.

And if they are this lax with any protesters (very doubtful), then they should rethink their policies.

Again with your patented "IF"... and just exactly what constitutes 'this lax'? Where does it begin and end - with YOUR say-so?
The black and white world of a bigot only makes sense when chopped up into little segments that can each be identified as good or bad. You seem to live in such a world, Derec.

Who said anything of that nature? In fact, I said the opposite. Yet you hold to your simplistic prejudice of my views.
and he has a picture from Breitbart to prove it.
It's called Google image search. Where the image (not Breitbart btw.) is hosted is irrelevant. Or do you think the photo was staged and the Baltimore riots are just a figment of my imagination?
Man, 20, sentenced to 15 years for arson amid Baltimore rioting
I guess not a figment after all.

- - - Updated - - -

I think for some people, blacks not knowing their place was a reason. From Martin to Gray, some whites were angry that blacks wanted justice.
Wanting justice is fine. Thinking that "justice" means police getting prosecuted and convicted no matter the facts or circumstances is the problem. Blindly taking the side of a black criminal just because he is black is the problem.

Derec, we see you.

I have personally been seeing you since Sept. 2003. That is a Looooooooooong list of posts by you that jive on a particular theme.

Black people are the source of evil.

You may not have meant it that way in the past, you may not now mean it that way noe, but in the 13 years I have been reading your posts, you have done nothing to vary from that theme.

Last edited:
"IF" ? Again? I don't suppose you have any evidence that your "IF" is actually taking place any more than you have evidence of a cop who was convicted of something in disregard for "the facts or circumstances". Admit it - you are simply scared of black people.

Perhaps alumni can withhold donations for example.

No, Dartmouth has a gun to their heads. :rolleyes: Sheesh, dude. If alumni didn't learn to think for themselves whilst they attended Dartmouth, they shouldn't be donating, they should be suing for their money back. Just like the dupes who got suckered into Trump U.

Again with your patented "IF"... and just exactly what constitutes 'this lax'? Where does it begin and end - with YOUR say-so?
The black and white world of a bigot only makes sense when chopped up into little segments that can each be identified as good or bad. You seem to live in such a world, Derec.

You right. Derec is scared of black people.

AND HE LIVES IN ATLANTA.

That must be bitch. That would be like me if I were scared white people and living in Casper Wyoming, a city whiter than the ghost.

By the way, Darthmouth refused to punish #BLM activists who were harassing white students in the library and destroyed a Blue Lives Matter display.

Vandalism and harassment is just political speech now? Duly noted.

Who said anything of that nature? In fact, I said the opposite. Yet you hold to your simplistic prejudice of my views.

It's called Google image search. Where the image (not Breitbart btw.) is hosted is irrelevant. Or do you think the photo was staged and the Baltimore riots are just a figment of my imagination?

- - - Updated - - -

I think for some people, blacks not knowing their place was a reason. From Martin to Gray, some whites were angry that blacks wanted justice.
Wanting justice is fine. Thinking that "justice" means police getting prosecuted and convicted no matter the facts or circumstances is the problem. Blindly taking the side of a black criminal just because he is black is the problem.

Derec, we see you.

I have personally been seeing since Sept. 2003. That is a Looooooooooong list of posts by you that jive on a particular theme.

You may not have meant it that way, you may not now mean it that way, but in the 13 years I have been reading your posts, you have done nothing vary from that theme.

Nice combination here of adhom and strawman.

Ignore what he actually wrote and address what you imagine he intends. Nice work.

And Derec's theme is more that racism and sexism are overplayed. Its why you and he play so well together, as your own theme is that racism is everywhere.. except in black people of course....

He actually strays from his theme less than you stray from yours, so your post is rather hypocritical.

Vandalism and harassment is just political speech now? Duly noted.

protesters have moved up in the world.

it used to be illegal trespass, obstruction of a public thoroughfare , and vagrancy.

- - - Updated - - -

Derec, we see you.

I have personally been seeing since Sept. 2003. That is a Looooooooooong list of posts by you that jive on a particular theme.

You may not have meant it that way, you may not now mean it that way, but in the 13 years I have been reading your posts, you have done nothing vary from that theme.

Ignore what he actually wrote and address what you imagine he intends. Nice work.

And Derec's theme is more that racism and sexism are overplayed. Its why you and he play so well together, as your own theme is that racism is everywhere.. except in black people of course....

He actually strays from his theme less than you stray from yours, so your post is rather hypocritical.

you are a funny man. you do keep me entertained. And it is nice to know you spend so much of your time thinking about me and what I say and you think I think. My goodness, how do you get any work done with me occupying so much of your time and space in your mind? It is AMAZING.

- - - Updated - - -

Derec, we see you.

you are a funny man. you do keep me entertained. And it is nice to know you spend so much of your time thinking about me and what I say and you think I think. My goodness, how do you get any work done with me occupying so much of your time and space in your mind? It is AMAZING.

More of you ignoring what a person wrote and talking instead about the person themselves. Are you going for an award?

At least the roadwork on interstates (and we are primarily talking about radicals taking over interstates for protest, remember?) around here is done at night as much as possible, when traffic volumes are much lower and one can close a couple of lanes without disturbing traffic too much. They use these very bright floodlights that make the work site as bright as daylight. I thought it's done like that elsewhere as well - it would certainly make sense. But perhaps the Georgia DOT is just smarter than DOTers up where you live.
But even when it has to be done during daytime and lanes have to be closed for days (thus severely impacting traffic) the difference between road work and protesters blocking highways is like between a surgery and stabbing. A surgeon (like a stabbist) cuts into your abdomen, but he does it in order to repair some damage and the cutting is necessary to the process, while a stabbist merely wants to damage you. A surgeon uses sterile and sharp implement to minimize damage, while a stabbist would use any knife available and might even twist it to increase damage.
Yes, both cause damage and pain and inconvenience but they are as far removed as road work and protesters blocking a highway just because they don't agree with something (like a police officer shooting a thug in self defense not getting indicted).

Nor are parades--our local parade is on the busiest section of the busiest street in town.
But not the middle of the interstate or other vehicle-only highway, right? And what day is your local parade held on?

Marathons are not scheduled around traffic but around people's work schedules to get the max participation.
Which means weekends or holidays when traffic is also lighter. Peachtree Road Race is on 4th of July, NYC Marathon is on Sundays and the Boston Marathon is held on Patriots' Day, which is a holiday in Massachusetts. And none of them are held on interstate highways. And the organizers pay the city.

Oh and you might consider reading up a bit on civil disobedience. You can do that, right?
What in particular would you like me to read up on? How being angry about something (policing or Trump election or a pipeline now, but why not also abortion or gay marriage or election of President [Democrat TBD later] in 2020?) entitles you to break the law and piss everybody around you off?
I am so happy to read about your experiences with road work in your part of Georgia. However, that still does not make them universal or even widespread.

Your point is obvious: it is ok to be inconvenienced if YOU approve of the reason for the inconvenience. Again, your experience and perspective is personal and not universally shared.

I'm pretty sure google works in GA and as far as I know, they haven't burned all the books or closed the libraries, although there is really very little difference in the outcome if you choose not to avail yourself of resources than if they were indeed not available. But the fault is yours in one case, and so is the remedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Derec, we see you.

More of you ignoring what a person wrote and talking instead about the person themselves. Are you going for an award?

An award? No. I'm searching for anything relating to whether Black Lives Matter is being discussed on this thread. Since apparently it isn't why don't we concentrate on what actually cost Hillary the election. Was it more people coming out and voting for The Donald - duck! - or possibly fewer blacks voting for POTUS.

It wasn't a failure of democrats to come out and vote. She's going to wind up with more votes than did Obama in the 2112 election. So of the two possibilities I mentioned it has to be voting abstainers actually heeding Trump''s call. If republicans came out to vote out of fear to vote for Trump because of BLM they probably wouldn't have been so inactive previously. It is clear from states like Pennsylvania that Republicans came out that hadn't come out before since the Democratic Machine got out the vote in Philadelphia and Pittsburg.

Since Kanye West supported Black Lives Matter and Donald Trump, the whole thing is his fault.

There is no such thing as a blue life.

And the BLM movement is a small movement.

The vast majority of Americans don't even know it exists.

Unless they happen to be racists.

Then this tiny movement is blamed for everything.

You might want to recheck your source. The poster was not destroyed.
It was "torn apart" and replaced by a #BLM one. What are you talking about?

Actually it is. That's the point of speech, bystanders get to hear it.
You don't have the right to engage in speech everywhere you want.

They wouldn't have.
What makes you so sure?

Back
Top Bottom