• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Do 11 year old black girls' lives matter? Or only black thug lives?

Well I love white people so you're all right with me. ;)
Cool. Now if we can just get white people to like white people...

Bruh, you always know just what to say and when to say it. Funny. On a serious note, just yesterday I was in Winter Park, Florida, near the train station, walking with my wife, doing some window shopping for a restaurant to have dinner in. A friendly old white man waved us down and asked, 'What are you two looking for?' My wife turned to him and said, 'We’re just window shopping for a quiet place to have dinner, somewhere we can talk.'

You see, we’ve been struggling with savings lately because the price of everything has gone up, and we wanted to discuss our financial plans away from the kids. Anyway, this guy graciously gave us the rundown of restaurants that fit our criteria, which I found pretty helpful. My wife, who’s a bit of a romantic (always loves wholesome moments), thanked him and asked for his name and what he does for a living. He smiled and said, 'I do nothing,' and then elaborated that he owns multiple businesses that make him a lot of money.

Somewhere along the lines of the conversation he asked us how long do we expect to live? I said according to statistics I'm lucky to be 51. Then he went into his younger days—being single, owning a mansion with over ten cars, thirteen TVs, and rooms he never even walked into. Somehow, this evolved into us sharing our financial struggles and wanting to start our own business instead of working for someone else. I thought this may be another opportunity to find some leads & connections in real estate investment (what we're planning to do).

The conversation ended on a positive note. He told us that we have more in our relationship than he ever had, and that he’s dying of cancer and doesn’t know what to do with all his money because everyone in his family is either already ultra-rich or dead. My wife offered him a prayer, which he graciously accepted, and we parted ways.

As we walked off, I asked my wife, 'Do you think he’s out here looking for people to give his money to?' She said, 'I didn’t even think about that. Why do you ask?' I said, 'Well, he basically chased us down out of nowhere, and the conversation felt like he was about to drop a Willy Wonka golden ticket on us. But I’m probably wrong. If he really owned all those businesses, he’d know how to make a proper offer.' She laughed , but I was seriously wondering if we missed out on a billionaire blessing.

Some white people are weird but still lovable.

Sorry for the derail yawl.

Bruh, you always know just what to say and when to say it. Funny. On a serious note, just yesterday I was in Winter Park, Florida, near the train station, walking with my wife, doing some window shopping for a restaurant to have dinner in. A friendly old white man waved us down and asked, 'What are you two looking for?' My wife turned to him and said, 'We’re just window shopping for a quiet place to have dinner, somewhere we can talk.'

You see, we’ve been struggling with savings lately because the price of everything has gone up, and we wanted to discuss our financial plans away from the kids. Anyway, this guy graciously gave us the rundown of restaurants that fit our criteria, which I found pretty helpful. My wife, who’s a bit of a romantic (always loves wholesome moments), thanked him and asked for his name and what he does for a living. He smiled and said, 'I do nothing,' and then elaborated that he owns multiple businesses that make him a lot of money.

Somewhere along the lines of the conversation he asked us how long do we expect to live? I said according to statistics I'm lucky to be 51. Then he went into his younger days—being single, owning a mansion with over ten cars, thirteen TVs, and rooms he never even walked into. Somehow, this evolved into us sharing our financial struggles and wanting to start our own business instead of working for someone else. I thought this may be another opportunity to find some leads & connections in real estate investment (what we're planning to do).

The conversation ended on a positive note. He told us that we have more in our relationship than he ever had, and that he’s dying of cancer and doesn’t know what to do with all his money because everyone in his family is either already ultra-rich or dead. My wife offered him a prayer, which he graciously accepted, and we parted ways.

As we walked off, I asked my wife, 'Do you think he’s out here looking for people to give his money to?' She said, 'I didn’t even think about that. Why do you ask?' I said, 'Well, he basically chased us down out of nowhere, and the conversation felt like he was about to drop a Willy Wonka golden ticket on us. But I’m probably wrong. If he really owned all those businesses, he’d know how to make a proper offer.' She laughed , but I was seriously wondering if we missed out on a billionaire blessing.

Great story, thanks for sharing. Despite all the hate towards the wealthy I hear on this forum, I know many personally and have mostly positive experiences with them myself and consider them good friends. They are a dime a dozen around here (Silicon Valley). They are always kind to me, work hard, are responsible, family oriented, involved in charity fundraising and giving back to their community. Yes, some are a bit ostentatious with their wealth, but if that's what floats your boat (or yacht) then more power to you. That's not my cup of tea, though.

Did you share contact info with him? Perhaps something good will come of it for you.

Shyster? Aren't you always up about the anti-Semitism?
Shyster is a pejorative term for lawyers, not Jews.
Weeeeeeelllllll....
How is it antisemitic? Just because a word is of vaguely German origin ("Scheißer") does not make it an antisemitic term.
You may need to read up on your Shakespeare.
Or is it only when it is brown in origin?
What's this leftist obsession with "brown"?
Everyone loves the brown truck. (Yes, this means I'm old... as I can't even find a meme that references it!)

k2rfxo5u6j351.jpg

Clearly they didn't think he murdered the girl. I suppose they don't have your crystal ball.
I do not think invertebrate Walz was thinking much other than about appeasing the 2020 insurrectionists.
There are a lot of convicted murderers in jail that are black. Oddly enough, effectively all of them remain in prison, "insurrectionists" or not.

Did you share contact info with him? Perhaps something good will come of it for you.

No, but there's a good chance we'll run into each other again, now that I know we both enjoy those free outdoor movies they host in the area. I usually bring some wine and pizza, and end up sharing drinks with the older ladies there—they’re honestly some of the most delightful people to hang out with. At the last one, they played High School Musical, and I had a blast keeping them entertained with my less-than-stellar opinions about the movie. :devil2: The best way to describe it is like having Chris Tucker's Smokey sitting next to you, giving a commentary on The Sound of Music.

Ok I must end this derail now bud. 😁

Edit: Trying to figure out where to move my derail.

Last edited:

Great story, thanks for sharing. Despite all the hate towards the wealthy I hear on this forum, I know many personally and have mostly positive experiences with them myself and consider them good friends. They are a dime a dozen around here (Silicon Valley). They are always kind to me, work hard, are responsible, family oriented, involved in charity fundraising and giving back to their community. Yes, some are a bit ostentatious with their wealth, but if that's what floats your boat (or yacht) then more power to you. That's not my cup of tea, though.

It seems as though you don't understand the difference between criticizing systems of social inequality, and "attacking people". Nice old men (maybe) looking around for someone to play Daddy Warbucks to are probably very nice old men. But they are not a reasonable or consistent system of wealth redistribution. Cancer guy has no skin left in the game, so he can try to paint himself as a saint at the last minute. How nice. Of course most rich assholes are "nice", especially to fellow rich assholes. They can afford to be. That veneer of decorum and paper-thin but universal bonhomie that characterizes the social life of the upper classes is not evidence that their businesses are fair, their unionized workers dealt with straight, their inheritances "earned", or their investments ethical. It's an acquired affect, either taught to them from the cradle or carefully studied and imitated later in life by those going to make the jump.

You want to see the limits on Bay Area noblesse oblige? Tell someone you're building the next homeless relocation center or electric car manufacturer in their suburb. Or that inheritance taxes are about to be changed in any way whatsoever. Suddenly all those progressive do-gooders who were preaching to you about fair trade broccoli yesterday are listening to right wing podcasts and telling their friends that Trump has some things right...

Last edited:
A lot of white people like no one else than other white people. Trump's biggest base is white males.
Is there any thread where this particular hobby horse is not introduced?
You? Complaining about hobby horses? Clean up your own house before telling others to clean theirs.

Back
Top Bottom