• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald the Orange and Family Sued in NY

Trump testimony wraps in New York civil fraud case: Recap | The Hill

"Defense intends to file for mistrial" - though it is not very clear on what grounds. What a sore loser.

Donald Trump to some reporters after this day of the trial:
“It’s a terrible thing that’s happening here. We’re taking days and days, and weeks and weeks, and it goes on and then you look at the outside world and what’s happening,” Trump said.

“But of course they’re getting their wish, because I don’t have to be here for the most part, but I sort of do have to be here because I want to be here, because it’s a scam,” Trump said. “And this is a case that should have never been brought, and it's a case that now should be dismissed.”
However,
New York Attorney General Letitia James said in remarks outside the state's Supreme Court that she was undeterred by what she called “distractions” and “name calling” by Trump during his hours on the witness stand Monday.

“He rambled, he hurled insults but we expected that,” James told reporters.

“But I will not be bullied, I will not be harassed. This case will go on,” she concluded noting that the judge has already proved the crux of the fraud case she has brought against Trump.
“I will not be bullied,” James said.
[/quote]

NY attorney: Did you get copies of statements in 2021?

Donald Trump: I was so busy in the White House with China, Russia, and keeping the country...

NY attorney: You were not the President in 2021.
And Biden is the senile one... :ambivalence:

• Haha
Reactions: jab
Are Trump's theatrics immaturity or deliberate?
Does that matter? His behavior is on trial, not a psychiatrist's expert opinion of his behavior. And this is a civil trial so I don't think that even comes into play wrt the legal outcome.

It's also like attaching genius to a thief. Fact is that if the thief was that capable he wouldn't have to engage in dishonesty and illegal behavior to enrich himself.

It's also like attaching genius to a thief. Fact is that if the thief was that capable he wouldn't have to engage in dishonesty and illegal behavior to enrich himself.
Au contraire, if a thief is sufficiently capable, not only would nobody ever know, but likely none of his victims would even realise they'd been robbed.

There may be quite a number of such thieves amongst us. How could we tell?

Trump’s lawyers displayed a screenshot of a property tax document for 40 Wall Street, now called the Trump Building. The slide described the property as a “72 story landmark building in the Financial District, directly across from the New York Stock Exchange.”

The Trump Building is only 63 stories, according to filings from New York City and the Securities and Exchange Commission, and is actually around the corner from the Stock Exchange. The Trump Organization’s chief legal officer, Alan Garten, explained to Forbes a month ago that 40 Wall Street has 63 floors of commercial space, but “when you add the space from 63 to the cupola, the building totals 72 floors.”

Trump’s lawyers also showed a slide claiming the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas is 64 stories. But an architectural drawing shows it likely has fewer levels because the floor numbers jump from eight to 16.

New York Attorney General Letitia James has alleged that Trump lied about the size and value of his many real estate holdings. His lawyers’ evidence, shared to make Trump’s case, actually appears to undermine it.
Morons the lot of them.

Donald Trump files for a mistrial in the NY civil fraud case, saying judge is biased

New YorkCNN —
Donald Trump is asking for a mistrial in his civil fraud case alleging the judge who will decide the case is biased against him.

Trump’s attorneys filed a motion Wednesday, saying “ the evidence of apparent and actual bias is tangible and overwhelming.”

The motion cites Judge Arthur Engoron and his law clerk, who has been the subject of multiple complaints from Trump’s attorneys and the former president himself, resulting in a gag order from the judge.

Donald Trump files for a mistrial in the NY civil fraud case, saying judge is biased

New YorkCNN —
Donald Trump is asking for a mistrial in his civil fraud case alleging the judge who will decide the case is biased against him.

Trump’s attorneys filed a motion Wednesday, saying “ the evidence of apparent and actual bias is tangible and overwhelming.”

The motion cites Judge Arthur Engoron and his law clerk, who has been the subject of multiple complaints from Trump’s attorneys and the former president himself, resulting in a gag order from the judge.
Whatabout the judge? He's biased! I'm innocent! It's a witch hunt!

Anyone holding out hope that the Orange Hitler is going to grow and begin his adult life one day is surely by this point sorely disappointed.

Former Trump Org. controller breaks down in tears on witness stand in fraud trial

After four days of testimony and two trips to the witness stand, former Trump Organization controller Jeff McConney broke down in tears on Tuesday, telling the court the toll of the numerous investigations and accusations of misconduct drove him to leave the company he loved working for after 35 years.

“I just couldn’t do it anymore,” McConney said. “I just wanted to relax and stop being accused of misrepresenting assets for the company that I loved working for.”

The emotional outcry came when Jesus Suarez, an attorney for former President Donald Trump, asked McConney before the lunch break why he left the Trump Org.
“I feel proud of what I did. I think everything was justified. Numbers don’t represent fully what these assets are worth,” McConney said. “I got to do a lot of things normally an accountant wouldn’t be able to do. I’m very proud of the work I did for 35 years.”

But after several years of investigations accusing him of inflating asset valuations on Trump’s financial statements, he grew frustrated and said, “I gave up.”

McConney acknowledged on cross examination that he’s received all but $125,000 of a $500,000 severance package from Trump Org.

McConney said. “I got to do a lot of things normally an accountant wouldn’t be able to do."

I bet. Is he unaware that this appears to be a confession? Accountants are, perhaps more than any other profession, expected to ONLY do the things that all other accountants are able to do.

Accountants are, perhaps more than any other profession, expected to ONLY do the things that all other accountants are able to do.
Reminds me of a joke.

CEO is looking for a new accountant.

He asks applicant A
"How much is 3 + 4?"
Applicant A replies "7".
CEO responds "Thank you. Maybe we'll call."
CEO asks applicant B
"How much is 2 + 6?"
Applicant B replies "8".
CEO responds "Thank you. Maybe we'll call."
CEO asks applicant C
"How much is 3 + 6?"