• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald Trump's Very Yuge Tax Problem

And I read somewhere (would have to go find the article again) that his lawyers are also contesting years worth of audits

Per the points I made earelier (somewhere in one of the threads.

http://lawnewz.com/politics/legal-e...lly-stupid-to-release-his-taxes-during-audit/

Legal Experts Side With Trump; It Would Be Crazy to Release His Taxes During Audit
It Would Be Crazy to not use any excuse to not Release His Taxes
Fixed for you.

Per the points I made earelier (somewhere in one of the threads.

http://lawnewz.com/politics/legal-e...lly-stupid-to-release-his-taxes-during-audit/

Legal Experts Side With Trump; It Would Be Crazy to Release His Taxes During Audit
It Would Be Crazy to not use any excuse to not Release His Taxes
Fixed for you.

Taking aside Donald Trump, do you understand why companies under audit don't release their tax accounts before this is complete?
I don't see that Trump should not release his tax returns if they have been audited and accepted by himself via accountants (own taxes) and the corporation taxes.

Fixed for you.

Taking aside Donald Trump, do you understand why companies under audit don't release their tax accounts before this is complete?
Not really, could you explain in one sentence?
I don't see that Trump should not release his tax returns if they have been audited and accepted by himself via accountants (own taxes) and the corporation taxes.
He is using excuses.

Not really, could you explain in one sentence?
He is using excuses.

Maybe he is using excuses. The sentence means if his accounts have been audited to his satisfaction there is no reason withhold forwarding these

Maybe he is using excuses.

Maybe? MAYBE??
Sheesh - MAYBE San Francisco Bay is made out of grape juice. MAYBE our ancestors were space aliens. There is no MAYBE about Trump's excuses and evasions.

It is a dead certainty that Trump releasing his returns would do greater damage to him, his reputation and his electoral chances than withholding them has done. With each passing day, the damage from withholding that information mounts, yet the damage that would be done by releasing the information has not yet been approached, or he would release his taxes.

This is not rocket science, WP.

Fixed for you.

I don't understand why Trump shouldn't release a tax return that is under audit. Why not? He submitted a legal tax return, right? Nothing puts him at added liability, as the IRS are already looking at it.

He's worried that not paying taxes, regardless if legal, will piss off the blue collar worker, his only strength.

I don't understand why Trump shouldn't release a tax return that is under audit. Why not? He submitted a legal tax return, right? Nothing puts him at added liability, as the IRS are already looking at it.

He's worried that not paying taxes, regardless if legal, will piss off the blue collar worker, his only strength.

He just built a hotel in DC under govt contract. So wouldn't he have had to release his or his companies taxes?

For anyone out there who still thinks Trump is not releasing his returns for proprietary reasons I still have that bridge for sale in Brooklyn. I'll give you a great price too.

For anyone out there who still thinks Trump is not releasing his returns for proprietary reasons I still have that bridge for sale in Brooklyn. I'll give you a great price too.

Considering that he himself said he'd release them if Clinton released her emails, it's quite clear that he's able but simply unwilling to do so. He is willing to use them as a political tool on the expected gamble that what Hillary has in her emails is worse for her than what he has in his tax returns. That's quite a gamble. I'm sure that Hillary called him on it, he'd still come up with an excuse to not release them.

Maybe he is using excuses.

Maybe? MAYBE??
Sheesh - MAYBE San Francisco Bay is made out of grape juice. MAYBE our ancestors were space aliens. There is no MAYBE about Trump's excuses and evasions.

It is a dead certainty that Trump releasing his returns would do greater damage to him, his reputation and his electoral chances than withholding them has done. With each passing day, the damage from withholding that information mounts, yet the damage that would be done by releasing the information has not yet been approached, or he would release his taxes.

If anyone has read what I said, namely once the returns have been audited by the IRS and agreed between the parties there is no reason for him NOT to release them. However like it or not he is entitled not to release them while an audit is in progress where I have also quoted legal experts.

Maybe? MAYBE??

If anyone has read what I said, namely once the returns have been audited by the IRS and agreed between the parties there is no reason for him NOT to release them. However like it or not he is entitled not to release them while an audit is in progress where I have also quoted legal experts.
Trump is entitled to not release them regardless of anything. But releasing of tax returns has been standard for presidential candidates.
Legal experts can take their opinions and shove it up their asses. That's how much I care about their opinions.

Trump is entitled to not release them regardless of anything. But releasing of tax returns has been standard for presidential candidates.
Legal experts can take their opinions and shove it up their asses. That's how much I care about their opinions.

This is true and it is legally up to Trump. Once the Audits are complete then he will have no excuse. Of course the right fee legal experts will shove anything where 'the sun don't shine.'

This is true and it is legally up to Trump. Once the Audits are complete then he will have no excuse. Of course the right fee legal experts will shove anything where 'the sun don't shine.'
No, audit is just an excuse, nothing more.

It can be used as an excuse but most companies will not release their accounts if under audit. Some will issue preliminary accounts for traders and shareholders but the returns are personal ones. You read the legal opinoins why most will advise against it.

It can be used as an excuse but most companies will not release their accounts if under audit. Some will issue preliminary accounts for traders and shareholders but the returns are personal ones. You read the legal opinoins why most will advise against it.

Most companies aren't running for president. Come on, this argument is just stupid.

This is about his personal income tax not corporate income tax. You continue to conflate the two. While Trump does not have to release his returns, it makes him look like he is either a chicken or that he is hiding something.

While Trump does not have to release his returns, it makes him look like he is either a chicken or that he is hiding something.
We agree on the fact that he does not have to release them. Everything else is spin. Sitting leaders of a country don't have to make speeches when natural disasters hit. Kind of makes me wonder what kind of leadership resides between dictatorship and presidency.

This is about his personal income tax not corporate income tax. You continue to conflate the two. While Trump does not have to release his returns, it makes him look like he is either a chicken or that he is hiding something.
Everybody and their fucking parakeet know he's hiding something. And they know what he's hiding. It's no secret anymore.

Back
Top Bottom