• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Draft Rachel Maddow for 2020

You have missed by a few billion.

Heterosexual men. Bisexual men. Homosexual women. Bisexual women.

All have a sexual attraction to women. They like to have sex with women.

Of course not all women. That is an absurd strawman not worthy of comment.

It isn't at all.

But I am unsurprised by your failure to understand this. You don't have a great history of thinking deeply about your beliefs or accepting the mere possibility that they might be imperfect.

Let's just assume I am never trying to change YOUR mind when I point out your errors - it's just a PSA, to defend others from your silly dogmas.

Feel free to not respond to my posts - given that you don't attempt to understand them, that would be your least embarrassing option.

To say somebody has "a sexual attraction to women" is a common phrase.

And most people have no problem with it.

It doesn't mean they only have a sexual attraction to women and it doesn't mean they have a sexual attraction to all women.

It only means they like having sex with women.

It isn't at all.

But I am unsurprised by your failure to understand this. You don't have a great history of thinking deeply about your beliefs or accepting the mere possibility that they might be imperfect.

Let's just assume I am never trying to change YOUR mind when I point out your errors - it's just a PSA, to defend others from your silly dogmas.

Feel free to not respond to my posts - given that you don't attempt to understand them, that would be your least embarrassing option.

It doesn't mean they only have a sexual attraction to women and it doesn't mean they have a sexual attraction to all women.

So that would be 'almost everyone' then.

As I said, it's a useless distinction. There is literally no situation in which it actually helps with anything.

You mean she has a sexual orientation shared by billions world wide?

Astonishing!!!

Astonishing!!!

Hey, one more thing I have in common with her - liking women!

So that would be 'almost everyone' then. As I said, it's a useless distinction.

I think that was kind of his point to begin with:

Astonishing!!!

Astonishing!!!

Hey, one more thing I have in common with her - liking women!

Rachel Maddow is just like billions of other people (male and females) in that she is sexually attracted to women.
There is literally no situation in which it actually helps with anything.

That would be a good description of what's-his-face's extremely childishly calling Rachel Maddow a "he" - which is what started this entire donnybrook (a/k/a derail)

So that would be 'almost everyone' then.

As I said, it's a useless distinction. There is literally no situation in which it actually helps with anything.

There are many women who do not like to have sex with women and many men who do not like to have sex with women.

And I never claimed I was helping something, merely stating a fact.

Billions of people on this very planet like to have sex with women.

Imagine that.

I would guess none.

I get your point, but you misused the word "orientation" in this context. Sexual orientation is not the same a sexual attraction.

Astonishing!!!

TheBeave made a comment about how "masculine" she looks. I then repeated a comment made by Maddow to Howard Stern that basically said, "well, what did you expect, I'm gay, duh".

I get your point, but you misused the word "orientation" in this context. Sexual orientation is not the same a sexual attraction.

When you are attracted to something you are oriented towards that thing.

Orientation merely means to turn towards.

You turn towards that which you are attracted to.

Right.. and "hacking a computer" means you put an ax to it <rolleyes>

the direction one points themselves is one element of orientation. Another element of orientation is the position. The gender on is ATTRACTED to is only one component of ORIENTATION. Sexual identity is yet another component.

the direction one points themselves is one element of orientation. Another element of orientation is the position. The gender on is ATTRACTED to is only one component of ORIENTATION. Sexual identity is yet another component.

I don't think there is "sexual identity". There is gender identity.

But sexual attraction is about features of the other, not the self.

It describes a feature of the self. "I like chocolate more than strawberry" is a feature of myself, while the flavor is a feature of the food. "I find sweet potato horrifically disgusting" is another feature of myself.
So then you agree that orientation has a second component.. you wish to call it gender identity over sexual identity... and I am fine with that nuance and accept your retraction on "billions" with that "orientation" (because you meant "billions" with that "attraction").

I think Trausti was making a joke about this incident that happened the other day.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiuSxyoNFVE[/YOUTUBE]

Looks like Rachel's OK with it. No need to take to the streets on this one.

She does look a little masculine to me, actually.

That probably happens to Chris Hayes too. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Did RM once say that she wore the same amount of makeup as the other guys at MSNBC?

I think Trausti was making a joke about this incident that happened the other day.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiuSxyoNFVE[/YOUTUBE]

Looks like Rachel's OK with it. No need to take to the streets on this one.

She does look a little masculine to me, actually.

That probably happens to Chris Hayes too. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

This appears to be a slip of the tongue and I think would occur if another female interviewed him.

It describes a feature of the self. "I like chocolate more than strawberry" is a feature of myself, while the flavor is a feature of the food. "I find sweet potato horrifically disgusting" is another feature of myself.
So then you agree that orientation has a second component.. you wish to call it gender identity over sexual identity... and I am fine with that nuance and accept your retraction on "billions" with that "orientation" (because you meant "billions" with that "attraction").

It is a reaction by the self to some stimulation but the attraction is based on features of the other, not the self.

Did RM once say that she wore the same amount of makeup as the other guys at MSNBC?
Which means still about 1/4 of Trump's makeup... which also explains why he doesn't sleep much. He spends two hours putting it on and one hour scrapping it off.

Back
Top Bottom