• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Drag Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.
It's a great post if you're into massive derails.
Tom
What about quippy one liners that contribute nothing at all?

Should children be allowed in pizzerias?!

Is that what you're posting about?

Or only the stuff you find objectionable?
Tom
It was my way of suggesting an old adage about glass houses. Your post would need to contain something substantial in order for me to object to it however, so don't worry, you are in the clear old friend.

Defend Our Kids TX

So group of busy body Karens and Kevins have created a website where scheduled drag show can be reported, and presumably interfered with.

Be a real shame if they were flooded with false reports of scheduled shows, maybe at private parties at the homes of right-wing christian nationalists and politicians. Or church events at churches that practice politics but still take their tax benefits.

Or use your imagination.
Why would a drag queen want to perform in front of children?
Why would a clown want to perform in front of children?

Why would a dancer want to perform in front of children?

Why would a storyteller want to perform in front of children?

Why do you think it is inappropriate for children to see someone who is a 'man' (by their own rubric, even) wear a dress and makeup and be seen by children unless you believe it is somehow inappropriate for 'men' to do so?

Do you somehow believe it is wrong for 'men' to wear dresses?

That kind of rank sexism and sex essentialism is disgusting and disturbing.
A drag show is adult entertainment. Why would an adult want to do a sexual performance in front of children? Equating clowns to sexual drag shows is ridiculous. But seriously, why do you want to sexualize children?
There was nothing in the OP limiting reporting to child situations.

I, personally, find drag icky. But it isn't dangerous or anything.
But it's for adults, not children. Icky or not.
The problem l have with strip clubs is the sexualising and objectifing, not the boobs and dicks.
Right. Sexualizing children is wrong. Why would an adult want to do a sexualized dance in front of children?
Heaven forbid you let children watch the old Milton Berle shows. Bugs Bunny.

Defend Our Kids TX

So group of busy body Karens and Kevins have created a website where scheduled drag show can be reported, and presumably interfered with.

Be a real shame if they were flooded with false reports of scheduled shows, maybe at private parties at the homes of right-wing christian nationalists and politicians. Or church events at churches that practice politics but still take their tax benefits.

Or use your imagination.

Why do you think it is inappropriate for children to see someone who is a 'man' (by their own rubric, even) wear a dress and makeup and be seen by children unless you believe it is somehow inappropriate for 'men' to do so?

A drag show is adult entertainment. Why would an adult want to do a sexual performance in front of children? Equating clowns to sexual drag shows is ridiculous. But seriously, why do you want to sexualize children?
Did you even read the link you posted??????

The problem l have with strip clubs is the sexualising and objectifing, not the boobs and dicks.
Right. Sexualizing children is wrong. Why would an adult want to do a sexualized dance in front of children?
Yeah, I forgot all those episodes where Bugs Bunny gyrates his penis in Elmer Fudd's face.

This bizzare push by the left to normalize child sexuality. It's a pedophile's dream come true.

Never went there. Darcelle's in Portland has long been a popular entertainment spot for gays and straights. In the 80s I never heard of them having any problems.

Never went there. Darcelle's in Portland has long been a popular entertainment spot for gays and straights. In the 80s I never heard of them having any problems.

Woah! Need to be 21+ to get in. How about that.

Yeah, I forgot all those episodes where Bugs Bunny gyrates his penis in Elmer Fudd's face.

Do you think that is what happens in drag shows?

What country do you live in?
Tom

It's only sexual if sexual content is included. I've seen drag shows as simple as someone singing an innocuous song far more often than anything Ribald.
The Tortuga Twins are also family friendly... Except the shoes they are not. But the fact is, "libsoftiktok" is a propaganda spigot.

Not once have I seen something from them that doesn't fall to exclude some important context.

That said... Sometimes an act billed as "appropriate" falls outside the billing.

If it were sufficient to blanket indict "drag shows", Renn & Stimpy and Bevis & Butthead are an indictment against all "cartoons".

Your post has a fallacy and it is the broad brush, the poisoned well.

This bizzare push by the left to normalize child sexuality. It's a pedophile's dream come true.

They have been dreaming about it for a long time.
The only people I hear talking about it are rightists.

They dream about leftists talking about it. But they don't.
Tom

Woah! Need to be 21+ to get in. How about that.
The local issue was not kids going to a drag show. It was about a drag que reading to kids in agay owned tavern -retaurant.

I would not take kids to a drg show anymore than I would a hetero strip show.

The issue conservatives are making in and out of school is the age at which kids are exposed to sexual issues along with kids in schools at any age being exposed to sexuality without parental consent or knowledge. I think thy have a point.

Defend Our Kids TX

Or use your imagination.

Did you even read the link you posted??????
Yes. Won't someone think of the children is a great excuse to attack drag queens.

Voices of right wing militia members and their supporters were drowned out Tuesday night, December 13, in downtown San Antonio. A few dozen protesters faced a much larger crowd of counter-protesters numbering well above 100 who turned out to show support for an embattled drag community.

At the heart of the Tuesday's protest, an all-ages drag show at the nearby Aztec Theatre.

Drag as an art form has increasingly been put in the crosshairs of far right extremists and has begun to draw increased ire from mainstream conservatives over the past year. In November, a 22-year-old entered Colorado Springs' Club Q and opened fire into a drag show audience with an assault rifle-style firearm, killing five people before being tackled and beaten into submission by an army veteran and other attendees, including a performer.
Among the counter-protesters was District 2 City Councilmember Jalen McKee-Rodriguez, who came to show support for the drag community.
"This is another example of our LGBTQ+ community, specifically our drag community, is under attack, and so they need to know they are well supported here in San Antonio. Stuff like that is from outsiders, it's not from the heart of San Antonio," McKee-Rodriguez says, gesturing to the This Is Texas Freedom Force protesters.

Defend Our Kids TX

Or use your imagination.
You have it backwards--it's that families aren't excluded from the audience.

Yes, let's not sexualize children.

rVFACfEnifSsmQQ-800x450-noPad.jpg
Yup, if you want to protect kids disrupt this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom