• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

More of a petting zoo.
Nothing really dangerous in here, nothing really mind-blowing, and nothing really different from any petting zoo at any fair, zoo, roadside attraction, Sheep & Wool Festival, birthday party.

And it's just like every other Syed thread.

More of a petting zoo.
Nothing really dangerous in here, nothing really mind-blowing, and nothing really different from any petting zoo at any fair, zoo, roadside attraction, Sheep & Wool Festival, birthday party.

And it's just like every other Syed thread.

I should probably issue a warning against derailing the roller coaster.

syed said:
which begs the question "is slavery progress?"
human made progress because of slavery
back to your main idea that slavery was necessary, slavery could have been theorized it didn't have to be implemented; slavery isn't necessary for progress.

I saw the thread title and presumed a social science study/paper/book was going to be attached discussing the logistics of human societal advances and how slavery played a role in it.

I was disappointed but not surprised.

the logistics of human societal advances and how slavery played a role in it.
I could see THAT, sure, and probably most of us do. Slavery happened during a period when civilizations rose. Syed just happily confuses 'did happen that way' with 'the only possible way that could have happened' and calls it the will of his particular superstition.

the logistics of human societal advances and how slavery played a role in it.
I could see THAT, sure, and probably most of us do. Slavery happened during a period when civilizations rose. Syed just happily confuses 'did happen that way' with 'the only possible way that could have happened' and calls it the will of his particular superstition.
Well that is just RIDICULOUS!!! Paganism is clearly the key component of why and how those great civilizations rose!

syed said:
back to your main idea that slavery was necessary, slavery could have been theorized it didn't have to be implemented; slavery isn't necessary for progress.

thats a good idea , just theorized economic that will create millions of jobs

I didn't reply because i thought paul needed help.
I replied because you have a sucky record at replying to questions.
2) he said to free slave
Then why didn't he say to free slaves before slavery started?
Why didn't he just create civilization?

before slavery started? i want some what you drinking

allah dont NEED slavery to build a civilization but EARLY human NEEDED slavery to build a civilization
Okay. Allah didn't need slavery. Got it.
Humans needed slavery. Allah allowed them to own slaves.
Allah must have wanted human slavery to exist.
Why did Allah want human slavery to exist, Syed?

allah didnt want human slavery to exist but he accepted this is the only way human will makes progress

Then why didn't he do anything to stop it once Civilization was established?
When they had, you know, money?
he did said to free slave

After the domestication of horses, cattle and dogs, slavery is unnecessary.

do you mean horse , cattle and gods able to do human work?

Guided by humans, they provide horsepower. The rest humans can do for a fair salary.

i already mention that early human did not invented money

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the thread title and presumed a social science study/paper/book was going to be attached discussing the logistics of human societal advances and how slavery played a role in it.

I was disappointed but not surprised.

so you believe slavery was not necessary?

tell us how would roman, egypt and greek would have built their civilization without slavery?

You keep missing the point. You are arguing that your God wanted ancient civilisations to exist, so he had to let people keep slaves. But that doesn't make any sense alongside the assertion you have made elsewhere that your God is all-powerful and can do anything. If your God is supposed to be powerful and smart enough to create the universe, he's certainly powerful and smart enough to come up with a way to make civilisation develop without slavery.

The basic point is simple: if an all-powerful God exists, then whatever he wants, he gets. That's what all-powerful means. So whatever we observe to be actually the case -- like thousands of years of slavery -- must have been exactly what God wanted.

god created heaven there is no slavery but earth is for human to learn and to be civilized

Early human slavery was NECESSARY for human progress

The principles of cooperation, reward and shared benefits works quite well.

early human were uncivilized so they dont know the principles of cooperation, reward and shared benefits

syed said:
Syed, did you run out of steam?
I was hoping for a well thought out class A rebuttal.

I didn't reply because i thought paul needed help.
I replied because you have a sucky record at replying to questions.
2) he said to free slave
Then why didn't he say to free slaves before slavery started?
Why didn't he just create civilization?

before slavery started? i want some what you drinking
Syed, you have drawn attention to the fact that civilization correlates with slavery.
But you haven't shown that slavery is NECESSARY to civilization.
You have also not shown that an
ALL POWERFUL GOD
could not have just created us, civilized, without any unpleasant steps in teh middle.

You couldn't handle what i'm smoking. Or you could, actually, but God'll get you for having any of my spare ribs.

Back
Top Bottom