• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Egypt Air Flight 804 missing

Ya,after the Europeans slaughtered them in droves and stole their world, they picked up weapons and started a fight for no reason at all. Fucking savages. :mad:

The flight data recorders have been located. Now it's a matter of trying to retrieve them under 10,000 feet of water.

Egyptians say explosives are found, the French are skeptical.

Egypt Air has denied a clear cause of a crash before when it made them look bad. I wouldn't be surprised at them doing it again.

Sure; But in this case, explosives make Egypt look bad; and a fault on the aircraft would make France look bad. So both nations appear to be failing to grasp an opportunity to lie to their own benefit.

There is no need for a conspiracy theory to explain all of this; Most likely, someone in Egypt who hasn't got access to all the facts has jumped to an incorrect conclusion from some ambiguous piece of evidence. If there are traces of explosives, the BEA won't be backwards in saying so - but they will make damn sure that they are correct before issuing a press release. I have zero confidence in the Egyptians acting with the appropriate degree of cautious professionalism, and the press are desperate for some gory news, so this is most likely a storm in a teacup.

It still seems most likely to me that the windscreen heater or related avionics are the root of the problem that led to the crash. Nothing is ruled out at this point in time, as far as the public have been informed; But terrorism remains unlikely for a number of reasons already discussed up-thread.

Egypt Air has denied a clear cause of a crash before when it made them look bad. I wouldn't be surprised at them doing it again.

Sure; But in this case, explosives make Egypt look bad; and a fault on the aircraft would make France look bad. So both nations appear to be failing to grasp an opportunity to lie to their own benefit.

There is no need for a conspiracy theory to explain all of this; Most likely, someone in Egypt who hasn't got access to all the facts has jumped to an incorrect conclusion from some ambiguous piece of evidence. If there are traces of explosives, the BEA won't be backwards in saying so - but they will make damn sure that they are correct before issuing a press release. I have zero confidence in the Egyptians acting with the appropriate degree of cautious professionalism, and the press are desperate for some gory news, so this is most likely a storm in a teacup.

It still seems most likely to me that the windscreen heater or related avionics are the root of the problem that led to the crash. Nothing is ruled out at this point in time, as far as the public have been informed; But terrorism remains unlikely for a number of reasons already discussed up-thread.

Why does an aircraft problem make France look bad? Maintenance issues are the fault of the airline.

Why does an aircraft problem make France look bad? Maintenance issues are the fault of the airline.
Regarding terrorism, Egypt is saying the bomb was placed in Paris... which would be extremely bad for France. Regardless, Egypt has had an agenda here for a bit, though Airbus would probably have the larger agenda if this was another exposed wire fire.

Of course. But design flaws are the fault of Airbus.

Back
Top Bottom