• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Elect Trump!

So his fndn receives money from others and plants his name on the charity check. He (a Billionaire) hasn't contributed a dime to his Foundation in 8 years. This is ugly enough.

Then there is the donations to right-wing group (Citizens United... yeah... that group) who was suing the NY State AG when Trump was being investigated by the NY State AG. Then we have the $25k gift to the Florida State AG campaign (plus a real cheap rent of his Palm Beach estate that he has charged over $100k to rent for events.). He did this all with other people's money... through his Foundation.

He's a most excellent - tremendous - con artist. That's a primary component of his appeal, which in turn is one reason (other than his bigotry, xenophobia etc.) he attracts the "deplorables".

Elect Trump?

Someone on another board put it like this and I share the sentiment.
I would vote for Hillary's moldering, reanimated corpse, in a wheelchair, with coughed-up lung dribbling down her chin, pumping bullets into Vince Foster's remaining family, while wearing a mismatched pantsuit made out of Planned Parenthood baby parts, than even consider voting for Trump.

That's how bad a candidate he is.

"Elect Trump"?
Looks like the mainstream media are on board with the idea. Why are they not hammering him for his criticism of Clinton's "lack of transparency" while he refuses to release his tax returns, medical records or anything else about himself that he can keep hidden? Why are they all in a tizzy about HRC saying "deplorable" about the bigot half of Trump's base, when Trumpy himself has long described half of ALL Americans as "lazy"?? (I forget the rest of the adjectives he used but they were not flattering.)

WHY ARE THEY NOT CONCERNED THAT HE WOULD RISK WWIII OVER A GESTURE???

So his fndn receives money from others and plants his name on the charity check. He (a Billionaire) hasn't contributed a dime to his Foundation in 8 years. This is ugly enough.
I'm going to help you. In the end, you're going to be helped. I'm going to see to that. No, I'm not going to do it conventionally, like you, like others would, like you'd like to see it done, but through my efforts, the result is going to be just like I plan it to be--with you being the benefactor of the help you need.

When you get what you get, that's what should matter to you--not how it came about. Yes, the money came from others, but that's because of me. Yes, I'm getting the credit, and that's because of me. No, I didn't provide the money, at least not directly, but indirectly, yes, I did provide the money, for it's because of my efforts and what I did that paved the way for you getting what you got, something you needed, and something made possible because of me.

You find it ugly, and ugly on some ungrateful level, it might very well be, but imagine what you would have gotten had it not been for me.

ETA: that's despite the fact he gave without going through his foundation.

By a 12-0 vote. To jail.

http://boingboing.net/2016/09/12/donald-trump-used-20k-worth-o.html

I'm not sure exactly what to call the crime but I have a hard time believing it's not a crime.

Isn't this how all American charities work? They're tax exempt, so every rich person has an incentive to set up a charity that rents absurdly expensive things from the rich person. Hey presto, the rich person has to pay no taxes and gets to keep it all themselves. Which is why, when an American says they've donated such and such to charity, they're really (probably) saying that they've simply cheated the goverment of that sum and that they've done absolutely nothing for anybody but themselves.

Market economy... got to love it

So when are we all aghast at some terrible thing Donald does, some failure of character he exhibits? Oh, wait. It's Donald.
The media may be telling us something we didn't already know but it's not telling us anything we didn't already expect.

Are his tax returns pointless yet?

By a 12-0 vote. To jail.

I'm not sure exactly what to call the crime but I have a hard time believing it's not a crime.

Yeah? So what Hillary has an email scandal and she's a liar. Benghazi!

The real "story" is the double standard in the press. Had Clinton done this, this would be front page news vindicating every bad idea anyone ever had about her. She would be demanded an explanation. It would be blaring from the front page of the New York Times, on every news web page. There would be outrage and demand for congressional investigations. Even Democrats would be tsk-tsk'ing. The real story is the lack of reporting on Trump, and the kid gloves treatment he gets in the media for fear of them appearing biased. Or maybe they really are sexist. Either way it's disgusting.

And it may result in Trump winning.

SLD

By a 12-0 vote. To jail.

Yeah? So what Hillary has an email scandal and she's a liar. Benghazi!
The only good thing about the email is that the right-wing doesn't mention Benghazi as much.

In a completely unrelated note, I was watching Patriot Games with Harrison Ford and during a briefing on militant groups in Libya, Benghazi was mentioned. I know... incredible stuff.

The foundation is now being investigated by the New York A.G.

So What? The real story is their is no news coverage about it! Go to the New York Times website and there's no story about it whatsoever. It's more kid gloved treatment of Trump by the News Media. They are either in cahoots with the Trump campaign or are too much of a bunch of pussies cow towed by the threats he makes at them to report on him accurately.

SLD

So What? The real story is their is no news coverage about it! Go to the New York Times website and there's no story about it whatsoever. It's more kid gloved treatment of Trump by the News Media. They are either in cahoots with the Trump campaign or are too much of a bunch of pussies cow towed by the threats he makes at them to report on him accurately.

SLD
Bullies usually act like bullies because they can get away with it.

SLD

Trump 2016: Sweep the Leg!

Yabut, just like everyone else who brings up the facts about Trump's dealings, the NY AG is just another hack with a left wing political agenda out to get poor widdle twumpy wumpy.

Exactly.

I thought how ridiculously ass-kissy Trump acted with Mexico's President was a fluke because Enrique Peña Nieto is the president of his country. People act funny around the rich/famous/powerful. Then I saw what a fumbling wuss he was when Rev. Faith Green Timmons told him to stop politicking in her church.

He waits until he is away from them to then attack them on Twitter.

This follows from what has been recently reported about him in business - that he never directly fired anyone who worked for him. He made other people do the firing. He is as much a coward as he is a vindictive bully. And it is only because he has money that he is able to be a bully.

Back
Top Bottom