• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Election predictions

I predict that, no matter who wins, there will be massive screams, denial, and rants about a stolen election from those supporting the losing candidate.

I predict that too, but only because I predict that Trump will lose.

In the unlikely event that he squeaks a narrow victory, I predict that Hillary will be hugely dignified in defeat, and that most of her supporters will follow suit. (And that the rest will be rounded up and put into the new leader's extermination camps over the following few years).
So you think Clinton has matured since the 2000 election and will handle her defeat (on the off chance she loses) better than she handled Gore's defeat. For years after the 2000 election she continued to say in her speeches that Bush was selected not elected.

I predict that too, but only because I predict that Trump will lose.

In the unlikely event that he squeaks a narrow victory, I predict that Hillary will be hugely dignified in defeat, and that most of her supporters will follow suit. (And that the rest will be rounded up and put into the new leader's extermination camps over the following few years).
So you think Clinton has matured since the 2000 election and will handle her defeat (on the off chance she loses) better than she handled Gore's defeat. For years after the 2000 election she continued to say in her speeches that Bush was selected not elected.

I expect that she would behave with the same dignity Gore showed in that situation. That's how it's done when you are the losing candidate for political office (unless you are a whiny narcissist).

View attachment 8624

I think She gets about 362 electoral votes.

Some mistake, surely - Or is something happening in MS that the rest of us should know about?

I could see an outside chance of GA turning blue (although I wouldn't pick it myself); But Mississippi? No way.

You may be falling in to the popular southern strategy mindset.

His authoritarian attitudes are the real pull there. But, even there, they prefer individual responsibility and choice to Boss Hog.

Mississippi has never had much of an industrial base to lose so that part of The Donald's argument falls on deaf ears.

Also they really take their evangelical religion seriously down there. So The Donald's abusive character is another load of shit he has to carry there.

Polls have been relatively close in Mississippi and they really don't like being told that women are objects.

His foul personal behavior NY governing rhetoric is such that it appears he's more of a risk to their lifestyle than is that poor little white girl who works with republicans from Arkansas.

Don't be surprised.

Some mistake, surely - Or is something happening in MS that the rest of us should know about?

I could see an outside chance of GA turning blue (although I wouldn't pick it myself); But Mississippi? No way.

You may be falling in to the popular southern strategy mindset.

His authoritarian attitudes are the real pull there. But, even there, they prefer individual responsibility and choice to Boss Hog.

Mississippi has never had much of an industrial base to lose so that part of The Donald's argument falls on deaf ears.

Also they really take their evangelical religion seriously down there. So The Donald's abusive character is another load of shit he has to carry there.

Polls have been relatively close in Mississippi and they really don't like being told that women are objects.

His foul personal behavior NY governing rhetoric is such that it appears he's more of a risk to their lifestyle than is that poor little white girl who works with republicans from Arkansas.

Don't be surprised.

OK - I guess we will find out tomorrow.

I shall be surprised (and impressed) if MS actually turns blue.

Where are you getting that from? Polls there on average have him leading her by double digits. And Montana? Texas has a better chance of going blue than either of those two.

I don't understand this NC BS. Why the hell is it blue?
Tech sector, educated people.

There are also a lot of northern transplants, black folks and Latinos in NC and they are smart enough to vote for the Dems. Look at places like the Research Triangle, Asheville, and some of the other urban areas. They are all pretty liberal. I lived in NC back in the 80s. It wasn't even that red back then.

I predict Hillary wont last 4 years in the Whitehouse. Her position will become untenable.
She is old. She has obvious health problems. She has at least do FBI investigations that implicate her. She is hated by by a large number of Americans. She has proven to be incapable of good foreign policy. A large amount of Americans see her as dishonest and untrustworthy
We could go on and on.

I agree with Ed Brayton. Clinton 323, Trump 215:

View attachment 8626
About Ohio, there are so many Clinton signs in the Akron and Akron suburb areas. My drives in rural Ohio showed a ton of Trump signs. Ohio could go either way, based on Trump's support amongst the Rust Belters, I think that may help Trump win Ohio, but I think the state is too close to call.

I'm really curious about how big a win Texas will be.

I predict Hillary wont last 4 years in the Whitehouse. Her position will become untenable.
She is old. She has obvious health problems. She has at least do FBI investigations that implicate her. She is hated by by a large number of Americans. She has proven to be incapable of good foreign policy. A large amount of Americans see her as dishonest and untrustworthy
We could go on and on.

I agree that she won't last four years. She's there for eight because the GOP isn't going to be able to bring itself together to mount a challenge against her in 2020.

We could go on and on.

I agree that she won't last four years. She's there for eight because the GOP isn't going to be able to bring itself together to mount a challenge against her in 2020.

People who have been sucking on the trumpsickle still think she's going to be in jail next week... seems to me that the Orange Menace has been more effective talking to furriners than to Americans.

Back
Top Bottom