• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Election predictions

What happens if Hillary is found guilty and is sentenced to jail, but also wins the presidency. Can she pardon herself?

Might depend on the offense. So far ll we have is "lock her up" sans any rationale for doing so.

What happens if Hillary is found guilty and is sentenced to jail, but also wins the presidency. Can she pardon herself?

- - - Updated - - -

At the South Pole? Penguins getting restless?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/11/homewrecker-penguin-mate-fight-video/

That's disturbing. Not the domestic squabble so much as the way that all the other penguins refuse to intercede to stop the violence. Bunch of soulless bastards...

Polls have been relatively close in Mississippi and they really don't like being told that women are objects.

Where are you getting that from? Polls there on average have him leading her by double digits. And Montana? Texas has a better chance of going blue than either of those two.

I'm getting Mississippi poll numbers from from places like this: http://www.270towin.com/2016-polls-clinton-trump/mississippi/

Montana is an independent state, becoming more wealthy because of shale and fracking, that hates big business and big government equally. It's my family's ancestral home of 200 years and I just wanted to include it in my chart.

Where are you getting that from? Polls there on average have him leading her by double digits. And Montana? Texas has a better chance of going blue than either of those two.

I'm getting Mississippi poll numbers from from places like this: http://www.270towin.com/2016-polls-clinton-trump/mississippi/

Montana is an independent state, becoming more wealthy because of shale and fracking, that hates big business and big government equally. It's my family's ancestral home of 200 years and I just wanted to include it in my chart.

Wow. If places like Mississippi are within a couple of percent, instead of blowouts like they were last time, that could actually spell huge trouble for the GOP holding the House. I don't know how the gerrymandering works down there, but I assume that the Dem votes tend to be concentrated and a much higher proportion like that could flip a few more seats unexpectedly.

But that site shows Trump taking MS. It shows two polls, one with Trump winning by 46% to 43% and the other showing Trump winning by 52% to 39%.
;)
Ah, I see. More a hope than a prediction.

But that site shows Trump taking MS. It shows two polls, one with Trump winning by 46% to 43% and the other showing Trump winning by 52% to 39%.

It also shows dates on those polls and therefore documents movement in the numbers over time.
Those polls were for this election. The long term trend shows that MS may become a swing state for 2020 and possibly blue for 2024.

This was my map from October 26th. I had predicted a 4.5 to 5.0% victory and 341 to 191 to 6 EV haul. Tracking so far seem to indicate my map is dead on.

upload_2016-10-26_12-42-54-png.121463

Qm2VP.png

Popular vote margin: 6.5
Senate: 51 D 49 R
House: 206 D 229 R

I'm hoping I'm wrong and Clinton gets more than this. I think she has decent chances in NC and OH, but I'm guessing voter suppression will hurt her there.

P.S. Fuck James Comey with Weiner's laptop.

Popular vote margin: 6.5
Senate: 51 D 49 R
House: 206 D 229 R

I'm hoping I'm wrong and Clinton gets more than this. I think she has decent chances in NC and OH, but I'm guessing voter suppression will hurt her there.

P.S. Fuck James Comey with Weiner's laptop.
Is the 6.5 million or 6.5%, because the 6.5% seems high for your EC layout.

%, could be high, but counting on doing extra better in her states.

Let me add a tiebreaker prediction: Trump concedes, but with a 45+ minute speech.

I predict I will break my rule about not drinking alone tonight.

ETA: Prediction turned out to be true. Ensconced at home, Beethoven's 9th playing, bottle of wine open, waiting for results.

Last edited:
Been watching the Predictit.org site today, because it has been the best forecasting resource for me for almost a year.
Today (early) it was Clinton $.79, Trump $.22
Now it's Clinton $.84, Trump $.20

Oddly, "Will the next elected President be a woman?" is 81/19... wtf are they expecting?

Being elected and becoming President are two different things. That difference might be the odds they give her of being elected and not being inaugerated.

ETA: The BBC has a very nice results tracker. I may stick with that. What sites are you guys watching?

Back
Top Bottom