• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Elizabeth II has died

No one who thinks they need a king president deserves a "good" one.
FIFY
Possibly. Especially if they are of the sort to confuse the two.

That said, I do believe Britain has a prime minister, rather than a president. Ceremonially, the elected body is yet subservient to the accidents of birth and death.

So a dumb question, why do they wait so long to have the formal coronation of King Charles? Why not do it the day after the funeral? Or maybe a week or two at most?

Did they always do it that way?

I have to be honest.

I could care less about a monarch, the head of an aristocratic family with hereditary privilege and wealth. Living in castles and palaces.

Charles the next king is not the brightest bulb in the word, a product of centures centuries of inbreeding. William Harry moves over here and complains no one respects his past aristocratic position and privilege.

It is one reason why we had a revolution. Telling royals to get lost.
Learn your royalty, damn it!

So a dumb question, why do they wait so long to have the formal coronation of King Charles? Why not do it the day after the funeral? Or maybe a week or two at most?

Did they always do it that way?
 Elizabeth II -  Coronation of Elizabeth II - she became queen on 6 February 1952 and her coronation was on 2 June 1953 -- the coronation took one day and took 14 months to prepare.
The Coronation of Elizabeth II took place on 2 June 1953 at Westminster Abbey in London.[1] Elizabeth II acceded to the throne at the age of 25 upon the death of her father, George VI, on 6 February 1952, being proclaimed queen by her privy and executive councils shortly afterwards. The coronation was held more than one year later because of the tradition of allowing an appropriate length of time to pass after a monarch dies before holding such festivals. It also gave the planning committees adequate time to make preparations for the ceremony.[2] During the service, Elizabeth took an oath, was anointed with holy oil, was invested with robes and regalia, and was crowned queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Pakistan, and Ceylon (now Sri Lanka).[3]
  • Elizabeth II - 6 February 1952 - 2 June 1953
  • George VI - 11 December 1936 - 12 May 1937
  • Edward VIII - 20 January 1936 -  Abandoned coronation of Edward VIII (he abdicated)
  • George V - 6 May 1910 - 22 June 1911
  • Edward VII - 22 January 1901 - 9 August 1902
  • Victoria - 20 June 1837 - 28 June 1838
  • William IV - 26 June 1830 - 8 September 1831
  • George IV - 29 January 1820 - 19 July 1821
  • George III - 25 October 1760 - 22 September 1761
  • George II - 11/22(O.S./N.S.) June 1727 - 11/22(O.S./N.S.) October 1727
  • George I - 1 August 1714 - 20 October 1714
  • Anne - 8 March 1702 - 23 April 1702
  • William III - 13 February 1689 - 11 April 1689
  • James II - 6 February 1685 - 23 April 1685
  • Charles II - 29 May 1660 - 23 April 1661
  • Charles I - 27 March 1625 - 2 February 1626
  • James I - 24 March 1603 - 25 July 1603
  • Elizabeth I - 17 November 1558 - 15 January 1559
  • Mary - 6 July. 1553 - 1 October 1553
  • Edward VI - 28 January 1547 - 20 February 1547
  • Henry VIII - 22 April 1509 - 24 June 1509
  • Henry VII - 22 August 1485 - 30 October 1485
  • Richard III - 26 June 1483 - 6 July 1483
  • Edward IV - 4 March 1461 - 11 April 1471
  • Henry VI - 1 September 1422 - 6 November 1429
  • Henry V - 21 March 1413 - 9 April 1413
  • Henry IV - 30 September 1399 - 13 October 1399
  • Richard II - 22 June 1377 - 16 July 1377
  • Edward III - 25 January 1327 - 1 February 1327
  • Edward II - 7 July 1307 - 25 February 1308
  • Edward I - 20 November 1272 - 19 August 1274
Before then, all the kings' reigns started on the their coronation dates.

As time went on, the time between reign start and coronation increased more and more.

Twitter at its censorious best;

Twitter has removed a series of vile tweets written by a critical race theory professor who was mocking Queen Elizabeth II just hours before her death, prompting thousands of people including Jeff Bezos to slam her for the insolent words. Uju Anya is an 'anti racist' teacher and associate professor at the Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and she sparked outrage after calling the ailing Queen the head of a 'thieving, raping, genocidal empire'. Writing shortly before the Queen's death was announced, Anya said she hoped the Monarch's final hours of pain 'be excruciating.' Her appalling invective has ignited a firestorm of outrage, and cast a light on previous attempts by hundreds of people to get the outspoken academic fired from her teaching job for her violent, racist words.
In a disgusting tweet, now deleted by Twitter, modern language teacher Anya wrote: 'I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying. May her pain be excruciating. 'If anyone expects me to express anything but disdain for the monarch who supervised a government that sponsored the genocide that massacred and displaced half my family and the consequences of which those alive today are still trying to overcome, you can keep wishing upon a star. 'That wretched woman and her bloodthirsty throne have f***** generations of my ancestors on both sides of the family, and she supervised a government that sponsored the genocide my parents and siblings survived. May she die in agony.' Twitter later removed the posts for violating their rules.

Daily Mail
Well... Uju Anya is not wrong. The British empire caused untold suffering. The colonial system was so inefficient, corrupt and kleptocratic that the moment British military superiority was overcome it all just fell apart. The Brits were so incompetent they couldn't even make the empire generate money for England. It all operated at a loss.

The wealth of the UK today was built upon its factory workers. Its relative wealth simply comes from that the industrial revolution started there. The surplus generated by the British factory workers was wasted on building a useless unsustainable empire. A large part of the blame should rightly go to the dead queens family.

The only reason the British royals is thought of fondly, while we revile Hitler, is because the Brits didn't lose a major war. Hitlers actions led to the deaths of less people than British colonial mismanagement

Last edited:
She is one determined crone. I think she's a bit of a control freak, but I also have always gotten the impression that she'll do anything to save the monarchy from Charles. :ROFLMAO:
The monarchy has had far worse incumbents than the current Prince of Wales.

Hell, they've had two just called Charles who were far worse than he is ever likely to be.

Indeed, even three centuries since the last King Charles, the name is so poorly regarded that the current Prince of Wales is expected to take a regnal name so that he won't officially be King Charles III.
What I'm not understanding is how and why brits are paying out for a token which isn't great or even British.

Now I will have to remember to refuse to sing "God Save the King", after all these years of refusal to sing "God Save the Queen".
I much prefer the Sex Pistols version.
Something tells me she heard that version, and might have even had a laugh at it. Officially "we are not amused," but she did seem to have a sense of humor.

Another arrogant spoiled aristocrat.

Remember he left England and his family because the royals rejected and would not accept a biracaial kid as a part of thefamily. The queen coud have stepped in and make a point of opening the family to hs wife and kid, and did nothing.
Clear evidence of an arrogant, spoilt aristocrat.

s19frn37d0m61.jpg

The succession is going to cost a fucking fortune. The size of every coin and banknote will have to be increased in order to accommodate the size of the new King's ears. Then the slots of all ATMs and other vending machines will have to be modified to accept the new money.

Now I will have to remember to refuse to sing "God Save the King", after all these years of refusal to sing "God Save the Queen".
So, I guess that does raise the question, "Where was god in all of this?" God failed to save another royal. Must be Irish.

Reactions: SLD
This morning there was a double rainbow over London. One of the anchors on TODAY said that meant the Queen was safe.

I yelled at the screen

"She ain't safe, she dead!!"

I wish people made sense.
I take it to mean that when a person dies, and there isn't a double rainbow, they are frying in hell?

Theology is hard.

Twitter at its censorious best;

Twitter has removed a series of vile tweets written by a critical race theory professor who was mocking Queen Elizabeth II just hours before her death, prompting thousands of people including Jeff Bezos to slam her for the insolent words. Uju Anya is an 'anti racist' teacher and associate professor at the Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and she sparked outrage after calling the ailing Queen the head of a 'thieving, raping, genocidal empire'. Writing shortly before the Queen's death was announced, Anya said she hoped the Monarch's final hours of pain 'be excruciating.' Her appalling invective has ignited a firestorm of outrage, and cast a light on previous attempts by hundreds of people to get the outspoken academic fired from her teaching job for her violent, racist words.
In a disgusting tweet, now deleted by Twitter, modern language teacher Anya wrote: 'I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying. May her pain be excruciating. 'If anyone expects me to express anything but disdain for the monarch who supervised a government that sponsored the genocide that massacred and displaced half my family and the consequences of which those alive today are still trying to overcome, you can keep wishing upon a star. 'That wretched woman and her bloodthirsty throne have f***** generations of my ancestors on both sides of the family, and she supervised a government that sponsored the genocide my parents and siblings survived. May she die in agony.' Twitter later removed the posts for violating their rules.

Daily Mail
Well... Uju Anya is not wrong. The British empire caused untold suffering. The colonial system was so inefficient, corrupt and kleptocratic that the moment British military superiority was overcome it all just fell apart. The Brits were so incompetent they couldn't even make the empire generate money for England. It all operated at a loss.

The wealth of the UK today was built upon its factory workers. Its relative wealth simply comes from that the industrial revolution started there. The surplus generated by the British factory workers was wasted on building a useless unsustainable empire. A large part of the blame should rightly go to the dead queens family.

The only reason the British royals is thought of fondly, while we revile Hitler, is because the Brits didn't lose a major war. Hitlers actions led to the deaths of less people than British colonial mismanagement

I don't know the details of the British Empire or what Queen Elizabeth's role in the genocides, rapes etc. was but I thought the Empire was in retreat before she came to the throne and was dismantling throughout her reign.

But my remark was about Twitter getting all prissy and deleting Uju's tweets. It's not as if she was linking to a Hunter Biden laptop story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom