• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Emailgate Update - For Hillary No News is Good News. Sadly, there is New News. ;)

Regarding Clinton. Are Americans really ready to vote for a female President? Should the Democrats run with her, I think anyone would beat her, including Trump.

Surgical strike?

Is that what the ubiquitous innocent victims call them?
Exactly. Each time technology allows us to limit collateral damage, people harp on the remaining collateral damage.
When the tech allows us to eliminate the collateral damage, to make war on the individual bad guys, it's assassination.
It's like there's some minimal expectation of innocent casualties to qualify as a legal war. Could you tell us what that is? We'll have the drones shoot the necessary numbers on the way back out of the target zone.

Wow, "highest levels of government classification." That sounds dramatic. I doubt that's true, though.

I've held a security clearance that was higher than Top Secret. For a while, the fact that i even had that clearance was a confidential fact.

I doubt the state department has been texting information about nuclear power plant design or nuclear release plans or the encryption codes for nuclear release authority. THOSE things are highly classified. I doubt anyone's TOLD the state department anything from the actual highest levels of government classification.

Which makes the accusation sound pretty alarmist rather than convincing.

If they had found you had 1000+ emails with confidential information on your yahoo mail what do you think would have happened?

Regarding Clinton. Are Americans really ready to vote for a female President? Should the Democrats run with her, I think anyone would beat her, including Trump.

Of course we are ready for a female president. Just not THIS one, please.

Wow, "highest levels of government classification." That sounds dramatic. I doubt that's true, though.

I've held a security clearance that was higher than Top Secret. For a while, the fact that i even had that clearance was a confidential fact.

I doubt the state department has been texting information about nuclear power plant design or nuclear release plans or the encryption codes for nuclear release authority. THOSE things are highly classified. I doubt anyone's TOLD the state department anything from the actual highest levels of government classification.

Which makes the accusation sound pretty alarmist rather than convincing.

Actually, the e-mails are shockingly secret. For example: the e-mails suggest that the US is using secret drones to attack Jihadists in Afganistan and Iraq! If this news gets out, it could lead to the end of our country!!
My sarcasm detector seems to be broken. I have absolutely no idea if you meant that seriously or not.

Why is a drone program illegal, all major powers have one.

Assassination is illegal.

As soon as nations who have been US victims have drones they can aim at New York or Washington suddenly the US will realize the illegal nature of the program.
What stops them from doing it now by conventional means?

Why is a drone program illegal, all major powers have one.
No Due Process.

Trump has a couple issues. If there is a Presidential Debate, he actually faces Hillary Clinton, alone. His debates up to now have been much shorter because of all of the other participants. His bluster can't ride 2 hours in a 1 on 1 debate. You can only say "Make America Great Again" so many times before it starts becoming apparent you have nothing else to say.

And as far as America electing a woman. That would be my last fear of a Clinton run.

And wouldn' that stop drones just as well?

I don't know. You were asking about conventional means so I was answering that specifically.

I just don't see how drones would change the equation of people pissed off at the US trying to take a swipe at them. Nor do I see how the revelation that there is a drone program to assassinate foreigners abroad would be hugely surprising nor damaging to the US. Americans by and large don't care wht happens outside its borders, and the foreigners who do care already have plenty of chips in their shoulders anyway.

I don't know. You were asking about conventional means so I was answering that specifically.

I just don't see how drones would change the equation of people pissed off at the US trying to take a swipe at them. Nor do I see how the revelation that there is a drone program to assassinate foreigners abroad would be hugely surprising nor damaging to the US. Americans by and large don't care wht happens outside its borders, and the foreigners who do care already have plenty of chips in their shoulders anyway.

The US has a terrorist drone program.

The question is not could other nations get one too.

The question is: If the the US is allowed to kill who it wants with its drones, should every other nation be allowed the same right?

And if not, why? Why the double standard of legality?

Because the US just happens to be the strongest?

Who is this supreme authority that "allows" US drone program? Maybe you should ask them.

Back
Top Bottom