• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Epstein arrested

Frank Pentangeli

After the hearing, Corleone family consigliere Tom Hagen (Robert Duvall) visits Pentangeli in custody. Hagen tells Pentangeli, a history buff, a story about how traitors in ancient Rome could spare their families if they committed suicide; the implication being that Michael will take care of Pentangeli's family if he kills himself. Pentangeli thanks Hagen, returns to his assigned quarters, and slits his wrists while taking a bath.

Frank Pentangeli

After the hearing, Corleone family consigliere Tom Hagen (Robert Duvall) visits Pentangeli in custody. Hagen tells Pentangeli, a history buff, a story about how traitors in ancient Rome could spare their families if they committed suicide; the implication being that Michael will take care of Pentangeli's family if he kills himself. Pentangeli thanks Hagen, returns to his assigned quarters, and slits his wrists while taking a bath.
That movie scene is exactly what came to my mind too when I heard of this.

It's not good that this guy's dead, he can have named names... really famous names... for a plea bargain.

Well, we probably will never know. He is certainly the type of guy that'd want to not serve time in prison and knew he was boned. Then you've got the power connection.

Well, we probably will never know. He is certainly the type of guy that'd want to not serve time in prison and knew he was boned. Then you've got the power connection.

Trump's name was on one of the flight manifests... :rolleyes:

Words cannot express just how disappointed by the murder of Epstein. This had the potential to sink so many rich and powerful people, most of the Washington elite.

I should have guessed this would of course happen. Hopefully given the amount of evidence they seized they may actually follow through and release a lot of the information and charge the many people who deserve it. Probably that won't happen.

Words cannot express just how disappointed by the murder of Epstein. This had the potential to sink so many rich and powerful people, most of the Washington elite.

I should have guessed this would of course happen. Hopefully given the amount of evidence they seized they may actually follow through and release a lot of the information and charge the many people who deserve it. Probably that won't happen.

I predict there will be designated fall guy(s) - just enough that the public will lose interest.

So, if this was a drug kingpin on suicide watch (or just taken off it) and this happened, would not the FBI be brought in and the body not leave the cell until a truly massive amount of information was taken? The cell also put under immense security.

So, if this was a drug kingpin on suicide watch (or just taken off it) and this happened, would not the FBI be brought in and the body not leave the cell until a truly massive amount of information was taken? The cell also put under immense security.

Don't worry, consummate professional William Barr is on the case.

Back
Top Bottom