• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationships as you describe can make things difficult. The last point, stopping the War in Syria is the best and most workable solution.

As I see it, it is the only solution. And when that river dries up the infrastructure built to help them get into Europe will be dismantled making it harder for economic migrants to get here. They're travelling along the same routes. Fix this one problem and we greatly alleviate all problems.
Hmm, yes, this is probably correct, for sufficiently large values of "workable".

So, um, do either of you have proposals for how the west can stop the war in Syria? Or are you guys in effect agreeing that the best and most workable solution for solving the teen pregnancy problem is for teenagers to stop having sex?

They can't be true moslems! In fact I would say they are committing apostasy, and deserving of the death penalty under sharia law!

I think it's a bit like Christians who eat shellfish and Wear mixed fabric clothing. All religious people cherry pick. Yes, even fundamentalists.

And who are you to say who is a true Muslim? How about letting them decide that for themselves.

True muslims are those who think the terrorist, paedophile so called prophet Mo, [may bacon be upon him] was the most perfect man to ever grace this planet. And those who worship the koran as the word of an allah!

As I see it, it is the only solution. And when that river dries up the infrastructure built to help them get into Europe will be dismantled making it harder for economic migrants to get here. They're travelling along the same routes. Fix this one problem and we greatly alleviate all problems.
Hmm, yes, this is probably correct, for sufficiently large values of "workable".

So, um, do either of you have proposals for how the west can stop the war in Syria? Or are you guys in effect agreeing that the best and most workable solution for solving the teen pregnancy problem is for teenagers to stop having sex?

Russia managed to get the parties around the table but the America wants more preconditions and more of its own rebels present. The war should not have been financed in the first place. Teenagers need to be educated more to minimising. Preventing a war is more simple even for the USA; don't instigate one. In the Philippines it's more of a problem than in the US. Pregnancies at 14 are very common. The age of consent is 12 and no attempt has been made to raise it. At least the current president hit out at the Catholic Church on its stand on contraception which effectively has been sabotaging the government birth control drive. Unwanted pregnancies are harder to prevent than wars financed from abroad.

I think it's a bit like Christians who eat shellfish and Wear mixed fabric clothing. All religious people cherry pick. Yes, even fundamentalists.

And who are you to say who is a true Muslim? How about letting them decide that for themselves.

True muslims are those who think the terrorist, paedophile so called prophet Mo, [may bacon be upon him] was the most perfect man to ever grace this planet. And those who worship the koran as the word of an allah!

It sounds like a true Scotsman fallacy. Think how many pigs will be spared when there are more Muslims around?

I think the Christians have most old testament laws thrown out because Jebus at least according to Paul. Jews on the other hand...

But I understand your point.

Nothing fucking makes any sense in any religion.

Here's what it says about covering your body in Islam:

Quran said:
“Say to the believing women that: they should cast down their glances and guard their private parts. This is better for them.”

= therefore ninja-tent. That makes sense to who? BTW, exactly the same command is to men. So why aren't they in ninja-tents as well?

My impression is that in religion faith comes first, ie "this is what I want to find in my holy book". And lo and behold, exactly what they manage to interpret that it says.

Another good example in Christianity is the trinity bullshit. Some Christians are very adamant about God, Jesus and Nearly Headless Nick being separate. While some of them are about as adamant about them being the same. Problem is that some biblical authors were trinitarian while some Biblical authors weren't. It's clear as day in the actual fucking text. The same text they all have access to. It's one thing if some random dude picks up a Bible and accidentally gets it wrong. But when theologians and Christian scholars get it wrong then that's evidence of epic retardation and filtered reading.

Bottom line, nobody cares what these sacred texts say. Certainly not the believers. I think that's pretty clear from the evidence. Holy texts are nothing but fetishes. Sacred objects the believer will project whatever nonsense they believe onto.

...and why should they (True Muslims ™) give a fuck about your opinion?

It sounds like a true Scotsman fallacy. Think how many pigs will be spared when there are more Muslims around?

That's great! More bacon for us infidels.

American muslims are by and large more moderate than their European and Middle-Eastern counterparts. If the same poll was conducted in Sweden you'd get very different results.

I highly doubt that. Europe tends to be more liberal in all things. That follows that "our" Muslims will also be more liberal. There are gay friendly mosques all over the west. As well as openly gay imams.

Here's interviews with some of them:

http://islamandhomosexuality.com/5-imams-openly-gay/

Besides, over 50% of a religious group being against gay marriage, when the equivalent number for non-religious people is 16%, isn't exactly a good thing.

Well.. irreligiousity correlates with education and wealth. Poverty and ignorance breeds intolerance. I don't think religion is the problem here.

I highly doubt that. Europe tends to be more liberal in all things. That follows that "our" Muslims will also be more liberal. There are gay friendly mosques all over the west. As well as openly gay imams.

One German, one French, and three non-European. Plus the article is written by a person living in America. Cherry-picked anecdotes don't paint a full picture of the entire population.

Just because people in Europe tend to be less religious in general, which translates to them having more liberal views, doesn't mean the religious groups are any less extreme. European evangelical Chrisians are also milder than their American counterparts, but the muslims seem more extreme. For example this poll show the divide:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107512/moral-issues-divide-westerners-from-muslims-west.aspx

The question is not exactly the same as in the previous poll you sited, but it lists "Religious Americans" approving homosexual acts as 28% which just so happens to be what the approval rating for gay marriage was for Evangelicals in the other poll, so I believe the results are at least somewhat comparable. All muslims in Germany, France and UK are less tolerant of homosexuality than the religious Americans.

I think that if Islam was namby-pamby like Christianity is in most places it would not be getting so many young male super adherents.

One German, one French, and three non-European. Plus the article is written by a person living in America. Cherry-picked anecdotes don't paint a full picture of the entire population.

Just because people in Europe tend to be less religious in general, which translates to them having more liberal views, doesn't mean the religious groups are any less extreme. European evangelical Chrisians are also milder than their American counterparts, but the muslims seem more extreme. For example this poll show the divide:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107512/moral-issues-divide-westerners-from-muslims-west.aspx

The question is not exactly the same as in the previous poll you sited, but it lists "Religious Americans" approving homosexual acts as 28% which just so happens to be what the approval rating for gay marriage was for Evangelicals in the other poll, so I believe the results are at least somewhat comparable. All muslims in Germany, France and UK are less tolerant of homosexuality than the religious Americans.

I did a search. To my knowledge that American survey is the only one ever made, on the specific topic. The correct answer is that nobody knows. But Europe is more gay friendly over all. I extrapolated from that.

I did a search. To my knowledge that American survey is the only one ever made, on the specific topic. The correct answer is that nobody knows. But Europe is more gay friendly over all. I extrapolated from that.
It's an incorrect extrapolation, because the muslims in Europe are less integrated with the general population than muslims in America. Which was my point. Evidence pointing how "nice" American muslims are because only half of them are against gays, doesn't mean the ones in Europe are just as nice. But it also cuts the other way: Trump or Pamela Geller and their ilk using examples from Europe doesn't mean shit. The US immigration policy is already pretty sensible and able to integrate muslim immigrants well enough.

I am not sure if Europe is more gay friendly but over here in the Philippines right now the gays are friendly.

It's an incorrect extrapolation, because the muslims in Europe are less integrated with the general population than muslims in America. Which was my point. Evidence pointing how "nice" American muslims are because only half of them are against gays, doesn't mean the ones in Europe are just as nice. But it also cuts the other way: Trump or Pamela Geller and their ilk using examples from Europe doesn't mean shit. The US immigration policy is already pretty sensible and able to integrate muslim immigrants well enough.

I hear the word integration a lot. I think we should look at mutual acceptance (even if agreeing to disagree) provided no laws are broken and no one tries to enforce their rights on other groups. Hasidic Jews never integrated but were never a problem. Nor were the Chinese who until recently lived in Chinese only communities. The US is ideal for all cultures and has done generally very well and is a land of opportunity. (One may differ in views regarding its foreign policy at times).
Integration sounds a little bit conformist or suggesting of following the herd.

Last edited:

Define "well integrated".

Yea, like Europe needs a hole in the head!

Proper refugees are not a problem. We can't afford economic migrants except on contract. Perhaps we should close to Eu tunnel and build some proper fortifications designed to keep armies out. The French are no very cooperative as they are glad to get rid of the problem. 15 policemen telling people not to go into the tunnel won't do it.

I notice a lot of sheep in the picture. This gives the impression that this might be an internal migration.

Yea, like Europe needs a hole in the head!

Proper refugees are not a problem. We can't afford economic migrants except on contract. Perhaps we should close to Eu tunnel and build some proper fortifications designed to keep armies out. The French are no very cooperative as they are glad to get rid of the problem. 15 policemen telling people not to go into the tunnel won't do it.

I notice a lot of sheep in the picture. This gives the impression that this might be an internal migration.

Or archice footage? Pictures used for articles in smaller puvlications are usually archive material and rarely have the least bit to do with the actual event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom