• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
USA is popular. The most popular? Nah, you're wrong. What attracts refugees is a strong economy. Or any migrants.

I can't speak of other nations, but here in Australia, a middle power, with [ when union's allow.] a strong economy, up to, and this is very conservative, 80% of so-called refugees, are still on welfare benefits 5 years after been granted refugee status.
I would imagine round abouts the same rate applies elsewhere in sucker Western countries!

That doesn't sound right. I thought new arrivals weren't allowed any welfare the first 5 years in Australia?

I can't speak of other nations, but here in Australia, a middle power, with [ when union's allow.] a strong economy, up to, and this is very conservative, 80% of so-called refugees, are still on welfare benefits 5 years after been granted refugee status.
I would imagine round abouts the same rate applies elsewhere in sucker Western countries!

That doesn't sound right. I thought new arrivals weren't allowed any welfare the first 5 years in Australia?

So called "refugees" are eligible for all welfare benefits the moment they set foot on Australian soil.

USA is popular. The most popular? Nah, you're wrong. What attracts refugees is a strong economy. Or any migrants.

To be fair, most jobs require speaking english. What are the chances of 40+ year old refugee who does not speak the language getting regular job?

To be fair, most jobs require speaking english. What are the chances of 40+ year old refugee who does not speak the language getting regular job?

He could work on a building site making explosives. It's supposed to be easy to learn and there is an emphasis on Safety precautions.

Last edited:

So called "refugees" are eligible for all welfare benefits the moment they set foot on Australian soil.

I thought the last lot were slipped over to the USA when accepted by Obama. Trump was not too pleased at this. :)

That's because it is bullshit.

https://theconversation.com/factcheck-qanda-do-refugees-cost-australia-100m-a-year-in-welfare-with-an-unemployment-rate-of-97-54395

For refugees, marked here as “humanitarian”, that works out to be an unemployment rate of about 33%

Another longitudinal study from 2011 found that while during the early years of settlement unemployment was high among refugees compared to other migrants, 43% of working age refugees remain unemployed 18 months after arrival in Australia.

Also important are the well-documented factors contributing to these higher rates such as lower levels of English proficiency, discrimination, lack of Australian work experience and referees, and difficulty in getting overseas qualifications recognised.

Interestingly, second generation humanitarian entrants have been found to have higher rates of labour market participation than the first generation, and in many cases higher than for second generation Australians.

See also http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/BN/2012-2013/AustGovAssistRefugees#_Toc336609242

there is no truth to claims made in emails recently circulated throughout Australia that refugees are entitled to higher benefits than other social security recipients

refugees have the same entitlements as all other permanent residents—they do not receive special refugee payments or special rates of payment

given the circumstances in which refugees come to settle in Australia, they are exempt from the standard waiting period that applies to migrants seeking to access social security payments or concession cards

refugees also receive short-term assistance from DIAC under the Humanitarian Settlement Services program, aimed at helping them settle effectively once they have received permanent residency

DIAC also provides funding to assist asylum seekers living in the community through the Asylum Seekers Assistance Scheme and Community Assistance Support Program. This assistance is provided through NGOs such as the Australian Red Cross. The financial component of such assistance does not exceed 89 per cent of the DHS Special Benefit (which would currently amount to $438.41) and 89 per cent of DHS Rent Assistance (which would currently amount to $71.79). Limited assistance in the form of services is provided in order to assist asylum seekers living in the community to meet basic needs such as access to health and community services

DIAC also provides funding through NGOs such as the Australian Red Cross aimed at ensuring that people placed in community detention are appropriately supported. The financial component of such assistance does not exceed 70 per cent of the DHS Special Benefit (which would currently amount to $344.82). Assistance provided also includes access to housing, health and community services and social support networks

asylum seekers in immigration detention centres do not receive DHS equivalent payments or percentages of such payments. They are entitled to a range of services, including access to health care, religious facilities, television, library services and other educational and entertainment facilities, clothes, footwear, toiletries, hygiene products and other personal items. Detainees also have access to the income allowance program, through which they are allocated points that can be exchanged for small items at the facility shop

provision of services such as those outlined above are consistent with the Government’s immigration detention values, specifically value number 7—Conditions of detention will ensure the inherent dignity of the human person

further, the assistance to refugees and asylum seekers described in this Background Note is longstanding and has bi-partisan support. Such support is consistent with the overall obligation and commitment by Australia to provide protection for refugees and resolve refugee situations.

Of course despite being shown to be at least partly wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME he posts any checkable figures about refugees in Australia, Angelo continues to push the lies he reads as though he didn't know that they were lies; Either he has a very short memory, or his desire for these things to be true overwhelms his knowledge that they are not.

That's because it is bullshit.

https://theconversation.com/factcheck-qanda-do-refugees-cost-australia-100m-a-year-in-welfare-with-an-unemployment-rate-of-97-54395

For refugees, marked here as “humanitarian”, that works out to be an unemployment rate of about 33%

Another longitudinal study from 2011 found that while during the early years of settlement unemployment was high among refugees compared to other migrants, 43% of working age refugees remain unemployed 18 months after arrival in Australia.

Also important are the well-documented factors contributing to these higher rates such as lower levels of English proficiency, discrimination, lack of Australian work experience and referees, and difficulty in getting overseas qualifications recognised.

Interestingly, second generation humanitarian entrants have been found to have higher rates of labour market participation than the first generation, and in many cases higher than for second generation Australians.

See also http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/BN/2012-2013/AustGovAssistRefugees#_Toc336609242

there is no truth to claims made in emails recently circulated throughout Australia that refugees are entitled to higher benefits than other social security recipients

refugees have the same entitlements as all other permanent residents—they do not receive special refugee payments or special rates of payment

given the circumstances in which refugees come to settle in Australia, they are exempt from the standard waiting period that applies to migrants seeking to access social security payments or concession cards

refugees also receive short-term assistance from DIAC under the Humanitarian Settlement Services program, aimed at helping them settle effectively once they have received permanent residency

DIAC also provides funding to assist asylum seekers living in the community through the Asylum Seekers Assistance Scheme and Community Assistance Support Program. This assistance is provided through NGOs such as the Australian Red Cross. The financial component of such assistance does not exceed 89 per cent of the DHS Special Benefit (which would currently amount to $438.41) and 89 per cent of DHS Rent Assistance (which would currently amount to $71.79). Limited assistance in the form of services is provided in order to assist asylum seekers living in the community to meet basic needs such as access to health and community services

DIAC also provides funding through NGOs such as the Australian Red Cross aimed at ensuring that people placed in community detention are appropriately supported. The financial component of such assistance does not exceed 70 per cent of the DHS Special Benefit (which would currently amount to $344.82). Assistance provided also includes access to housing, health and community services and social support networks

asylum seekers in immigration detention centres do not receive DHS equivalent payments or percentages of such payments. They are entitled to a range of services, including access to health care, religious facilities, television, library services and other educational and entertainment facilities, clothes, footwear, toiletries, hygiene products and other personal items. Detainees also have access to the income allowance program, through which they are allocated points that can be exchanged for small items at the facility shop

provision of services such as those outlined above are consistent with the Government’s immigration detention values, specifically value number 7—Conditions of detention will ensure the inherent dignity of the human person

further, the assistance to refugees and asylum seekers described in this Background Note is longstanding and has bi-partisan support. Such support is consistent with the overall obligation and commitment by Australia to provide protection for refugees and resolve refugee situations.

Of course despite being shown to be at least partly wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME he posts any checkable figures about refugees in Australia, Angelo continues to push the lies he reads as though he didn't know that they were lies; Either he has a very short memory, or his desire for these things to be true overwhelms his knowledge that they are not.

My understanding is that refugees will receive rapid assistance which I do not disagree with at all which I received from the gov advice information site as follows:

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...2012-2013/AustGovAssistRefugees#_Toc336609242

[B]Refugee entitlements to social security[/B]
Refugees—that is, people who have been granted a Protection visa—do not receive higher benefits than other social security recipients.

In general, Australian Government payments are only available to people who reside in Australia and are either Australian citizens or holders of permanent visas. When an asylum seeker is granted refugee status they become permanent residents of Australia. They have the same entitlements as all other permanent residents.[22] There are no special refugee payments or special rates of payments for refugees.

Most refugees are of working age. This means that the main form of assistance provided to refugees is the Department of Human Services (DHS) Newstart Allowance (commonly known as unemployment benefits). To qualify for Newstart Allowance a refugee needs to meet the same requirements as any other resident. This includes participation in activities designed to increase one’s chances of finding work and accepting work should it become available.[23] There are no special or extra rates of Newstart Allowance for refugees.

As such, a single refugee receiving Newstart Allowance and sharing rented accommodation would currently receive $573.27 per fortnight (comprised of Newstart Allowance of $492.60 and Rent Assistance of $80.67).[24] This is precisely the same amount that would be received by any other permanent resident of Australia receiving Newstart Allowance. Similarly, any refugees receiving other Australian Government payments such as Disability Support Pension or Age Pension receive such payments at precisely the same rate as is paid to all other permanent residents.

Exemption from usual waiting periods

Most social security payments or concession cards have either a waiting period or qualifying residence criteria that apply to new arrivals in Australia. A two year newly arrived resident's waiting period applies to payments such as Austudy, Carer Payment, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Newstart Allowance, Sickness Allowance and Youth Allowance.[25]

Other payments do not have a newly arrived resident’s waiting period, but have their own ‘qualifying residence’ requirements. For example, Age Pension and Disability Support Pension have qualifying residence requirements of ten years.[26]

The newly arrived resident’s waiting period and qualifying residence requirements are not applied in the case of refugees or humanitarian visa holders. This is in recognition of the special circumstances under which people in these categories have come to have permanent residency in Australia—that is, as refugees with no other means of financial support.

Can I get a point of clarification?

Are many 2nd-4th generation ethnic Turks living in Germany and Netherlands dual citizens of Turkey as wel?

Can I get a point of clarification?

Are many 2nd-4th generation ethnic Turks living in Germany and Netherlands dual citizens of Turkey as wel?

I don't know about the Netherlands, but unless they have recently changed the rules, Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship.

This is not about Germany, but about whether Turkey allows a grandchild of a Turkish emigrant to Germany (a German citizen) to vote in Turkish elections as an example.

I don't know about the Netherlands, but unless they have recently changed the rules, Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship.

This is not about Germany, but about whether Turkey allows a grandchild of a Turkish emigrant to Germany (a German citizen) to vote in Turkish elections as an example.

I recall that Turkey allows dual citizenship where it Citizens were naturalised in another country. However where countries like Germany do not permit this they can apply for a 'Blue Card' which entitles them to live and work in Turkey. They can own land and property but cannot vote
Children born to a Turkish parent are considered Turkish and their parents can apply for a Turkish passport (as applies to British parents).
There's a reference in WIKI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_nationality_law#Definition_of_citizenship

Like I thought. In Sweden we have similar problems with our racists. They continually share lies about the amount of aid refugees and immigrant receives. It's comical how they keep getting angry about stuff that isn't true at all. Not to mention creative misrepresentations of crime statistics.

I can't imagine how psychologically fucked up people need to be to do this shit? Isn't it tiring to be this angry and paranoid all the time? Especially considering it's so pointless.

Turks rioting in the Netherlands didn't help things much.

Just another excuse for white nationalist dickheads to push their agendas.

It's a matter of using public resources to quell such things. White Nationalists are dickheads with or without any agenda though this may excite them a little. By the way one of Wilder's MP's was a black female Somali Atheist MP.

It's a matter of using public resources to quell such things.

Not to morons like Wilders and King. They are turning it into an existential crisis for all of Western civilization.

White Nationalists are dickheads with or without any agenda though this may excite them a little. By the way one of Wilder's MP's was a black female Somali Atheist MP.

She's a cunt too, on the record calling for Muslim schools to be shut down and the religion essentially banned altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom