• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe submits voluntarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you earn that privilege?

He didn't. But his ancestors did - each generation, little by little.

Just like today's parents work hard to provide for their children a brighter better future, yesterday's parents did the same.

The fruits of my labors do not belong to the world as a whole to divvy up how it pleases, especially to those who sat capably but idly by while I labored.

"'Not I', said the dog"...

I take it you're talking about yesterday's Syrians and Iraqis who invented agriculture and metallurgy and writing and built the first cities 5,000 years before anyone in Finland ever heard of those things.

He didn't. But his ancestors did - each generation, little by little.

Just like today's parents work hard to provide for their children a brighter better future, yesterday's parents did the same.

The fruits of my labors do not belong to the world as a whole to divvy up how it pleases, especially to those who sat capably but idly by while I labored.

"'Not I', said the dog"...

I take it you're talking about yesterday's Syrians and Iraqis who invented agriculture and metallurgy and writing and built the first cities 5,000 years before anyone in Finland ever heard of those things.

:hysterical:

No; I am not talking about inventing; I am talking about doing.

Nice try, though; but you can try again.

We're speaking about economic migrants. And Lebanon and Turkey are choosing whom they let in even amongs those who happen to have crossed the border. The people in camps in Turkey have practically no right to work or make a living, for example. I contend that most people who went to Lebanon or Turkey and have been sitting in the camps are real refugees, as it's difficult to see any economic incentive for them to have come to those camps.

I don't want Europe to just "host" bunch of foreigners in squalid camps like Turkey. I want every person who is accepted to Europe to have dignified and equal rights with any other European. It's a privilege to be earned, not something you automatically get just because you can't get a job in Bagdad.

How did you earn that privilege?
Presumably by virtue of being a clean slate and having people who were willing to pay for my upkeep. Most governments in Europe and elsewhere consider newborn children to be an asset and not a liability, even if some people would be better off not being born.

But again, we're talking about "economic refugees". Is someone born in some country an "economic refugee"? I don't think so, it's not like they've got any other country to go back to. That's what makes it a bit contrived comparison.

Those 15 incidents will look like kindergarten play stuff in the near future!

Oh, shut up. People are fleeing and living in total misery. People are dying when trying to find a way to survive. THAT is the first problem.

The second problem is egoists like you that dont want to help.

The third problem is how to handle this.

The smallest problem of any such list is social problems in the receiving country.
Haven't we agreed yet
that the vast majority are not refugees as they head to countries with the best welfare systems and try bypass others with so so welfare?
What's going to happen when the money dries up, as it must as no nation can afford to keep paying out welfare at the rate forecast.
Europe is committing suicide. Blind Freddy can see that!

The bigoted will not be moved from their bigotry.

The most we can hope is to keep them from doing more damage than they already have.

All they know about other humans is that they don't like them if they are in any way different.

They are pests and ignorant and their argument is always the same insane drone, "This one did something THEREFORE they are ALL bad".
You blame the man in the street for that? It's not xtians committing the world site terrorist attacks, it's moslems.

The bigoted will not be moved from their bigotry.

The most we can hope is to keep them from doing more damage than they already have.

All they know about other humans is that they don't like them if they are in any way different.

They are pests and ignorant and their argument is always the same insane drone, "This one did something THEREFORE they are ALL bad".
You blame the man in the street for that? It's not xtians committing the world site terrorist attacks, it's moslems.

They are committing some.

But the biggest act of terrorism in the last 15 years was the US led invasion of Iraq.

Nothing else comes close.

Oh, shut up. People are fleeing and living in total misery. People are dying when trying to find a way to survive. THAT is the first problem.

The second problem is egoists like you that dont want to help.

The third problem is how to handle this.

The smallest problem of any such list is social problems in the receiving country.
Haven't we agreed yet
that the vast majority are not refugees as they head to countries with the best welfare systems and try bypass others with so so welfare?
What's going to happen when the money dries up, as it must as no nation can afford to keep paying out welfare at the rate forecast.

Your logic is broken.

If you fell in a pile of manure, and there was a shower block just nearby, so you looked into the first cubicle, and it was grimy, with damp towels, and hard, gritty soap; then you looked at the second cubicle, and it was clean and there was soap, but the only towel was a hand towel; and then the third cubicle was immaculate, with a choice of scented soaps, and thick, clean fluffy towels - would I be right in saying that because you didn't have a shower in the first cubicle you saw, you were not really dirty?

Your argument stinks that badly.

Except most of these people aren't Syrian in the first place, just economic refugees.

People in places other than Syria are not total misery or dying while trying to find a way to survive?

I seem to have missed when that happened.

They had the money to get to Europe. They aren't in total misery or dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Except most of these people aren't Syrian in the first place, just economic refugees.

Eh. "Just" economic refugees? What the fuck do you think you are saying? A person that has lost everything and have chance of surviving in his/her own country must clearly go somewhere else. There you have your "economic refugee".

And why in the world do you think they lost everything? These are just people trying to take advantage of the problems in Syria in order to slip into the west.

Haven't we agreed yet

Your logic is broken.

If you fell in a pile of manure, and there was a shower block just nearby, so you looked into the first cubicle, and it was grimy, with damp towels, and hard, gritty soap; then you looked at the second cubicle, and it was clean and there was soap, but the only towel was a hand towel; and then the third cubicle was immaculate, with a choice of scented soaps, and thick, clean fluffy towels - would I be right in saying that because you didn't have a shower in the first cubicle you saw, you were not really dirty?

Defending the undefendable isn't easy is it? Using toilet humour doesn't work either!

Your logic is broken.

Defending the undefendable isn't easy is it? Using toilet humour doesn't work either!

Just because you are ignoring my argument, that's not reason to claim it doesn't exist.

Your position is exactly analogous to that in my shower room scenario. Does failing to use the first shower room imply that you didn't really need a shower?

Your logic is broken.

And since his defence was so simple then it is clearly defendable...

Come on folks, you cannot be that dense!

We need some editorial cartoons to cut through the hidden feelings here!

View attachment 4528
Never miss a chance to attack Israel do you? You've posted some rubbish before that wasn't even worth commenting on, but here you are again having a go at the Zionist perhaps because they're not accepting so called refugees. Don't they have enough problems with their Arab population already that they would import more?

Interesting times indeed. After 1,200 years or so of battling islamic aggression, christendom has surrendered in the most unimaginable way. Well played to mullahs, they have played a blinder.

So back to OP, can someone explain how Europe is still "Christendom" in the 21st Century, and how allowing Muslims to emigrate into Europe is "surrender?"

Last time I checked, all the countries that are welcoming these immigrants/migrants/refugees aren't "Christendom" at all, but secular democracies. The "1200 years of so" of battle ended centuries ago, and the hundreds of thousands of people showing up in Europe aren't marching in with swords drawn. They're not aggressive at all. Quite the opposite.

Yet for some reason, welcoming these people into your country = "surrender." 126 pages of bullshit later, I'm just not seeing it.

:hysterical:

No; I am not talking about inventing; I am talking about doing.

Nice try, though; but you can try again.

Learn some history, dude.

Syria's also been more prosperous than Finland for an estimated 95%++ of the last 10,000 years. Clearly, yesterday's Syrians were overall much better at "work[ing] hard to provide for their children a brighter better future".

Either that, or luck.

I repeat my question: How did Jayjay earn the privilege he now defends?

We need some editorial cartoons to cut through the hidden feelings here!

View attachment 4528

This was a funny cartoon when it was about the Gulf states:

1200x-1.jpg

Your version reeks to much of that far-right conspiracy theory according to which "the Jews" are trying to trick the white gentile nations into accepting multi-culturalism as a Trojan for some unstated but surely evil ends.

I think he is referring to hundreds of thousands of "migrants" (some of them legit refugees, but by no means all) from Islamic countries that are flooding into EU right now. Last thing Europe needs is more Muslims.

The problem is not in Muslims. The main problem is in extremists and what they will do in Europe.

Interesting times indeed. After 1,200 years or so of battling islamic aggression, christendom has surrendered in the most unimaginable way. Well played to mullahs, they have played a blinder.

So back to OP, can someone explain how Europe is still "Christendom" in the 21st Century, and how allowing Muslims to emigrate into Europe is "surrender?"

Last time I checked, all the countries that are welcoming these immigrants/migrants/refugees aren't "Christendom" at all, but secular democracies. The "1200 years of so" of battle ended centuries ago, and the hundreds of thousands of people showing up in Europe aren't marching in with swords drawn. They're not aggressive at all. Quite the opposite.

Yet for some reason, welcoming these people into your country = "surrender." 126 pages of bullshit later, I'm just not seeing it.
These "gentle people" have taken over many suburbs on the outskirts of major cities in Europe, and have turned them into mini Syria's, and Iraq's. They even have sharia patrols in many instances. The youth unemployment in these places are sometimes over 30%. The crime rate, including rape skyrocketing to never heard of levels before. Guess who they blame for all that,why the Western democracies of course! By the time bleeding heart politicians wake up to the fact that Islam is not compatible with Western culture, it will be much too late, the horse would have bolted long before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom