• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Europe - The Barbarian Invasion has Begun.

Sure they can...it only took 600 years before national identities started to emerge the last time around. Is that great or what?

Yeah, because "national identities is the single most relevant marker of an advanced and enlightened society :facepalm:

------------

As expected, the hostile responses to my OP are variations of a single theme of denial. Some carp about a literary allusion of "crossing the Rhine" demanding maps to check literalness; others bemoan my racism; others resort to name-calling; and yet others bicker about the specifics of events in 406 BC; and finally there are some who "analyze" the origin of the allusion as if that makes it any less true.

Almost none can deal with the OP fact <snip>

The OP isn't about facts.

None are facing the inevitable consequences from the arrival of millions that are culturally benighted, behaviorally challenged, and genetically ungifted.

If you believe that the people arriving now are "genetically" ungifted relative to Swedes and Germans, you should have sought a better historical parallel than the Swedes and Germans' ancestors. Duh.

Swedes and Germans are subsidizing the immolation of their own superior cultural, social, and racial identity so as to create what? The "promise" of polyglot ethnic sub-cultures in endless social and economic conflict, some destined for eternal inferiority and resentment as welfare cultures.

The Northern European, is of high intelligence, is much less prone to crime, embraces human rights, and is deeply rooted as a member of a historic European peoples. Since WWII they have finally established cohesive and peaceful societies with high degrees of social capital and high standards of living.

Only a couple generations. And anyway, going back to the ideology of 75 years ago in order to conserve the achievements of the last 70 years is a contradiction in terms.

The typical invader has none of these qualities, and bring religious views violently hostile to modernity. The continued and endless mass importation of poverty and the establishment of an ever growing racial-ethnic underclass is only destined to erase heritage peoples and the societies they have built.

Sure. Just like the endless mass importation of Irish and Italians to the Northeast US, and the endless mass importation of Germans and Scandinavians to the Midwest, erased American society.

Sure. Just like the endless mass importation of Irish and Italians to the Northeast US, and the endless mass importation of Germans and Scandinavians to the Midwest, erased American society.

Hey, before that happened, the number of negroes and women elected President was zero.

'Nuff said.

Sure they can...it only took 600 years before national identities started to emerge the last time around. Is that great or what?

National identities were a product of the philosophers Fichte and Herder ca 1830 reacting to Napoleons invasion of Germany. It was a completely, for the time, novel idea. In the big picture nationalism is a pretty new idea. Also horribly contrived and has never been particularly useful. It creates unnecessary division. And tries to create unity among people who really don't have much in common that beyond the stuff that we all have in common. Nationalism and national identities needs to die. And I think it will. The Internet will kill nations as an idea. The rest will follow.

------------

As expected, the hostile responses to my OP are variations of a single theme of denial. Some carp about a literary allusion of "crossing the Rhine" demanding maps to check literalness; others bemoan my racism; others resort to name-calling; and yet others bicker about the specifics of events in 406 BC; and finally there are some who "analyze" the origin of the allusion as if that makes it any less true.

Almost none can deal with the OP fact that the huge migratory waves of an alien and comparatively barbaric people have begun to claim their plunder as social entitlement. None can deal with the rising social conflict it is causing, or massive economic burden it is creating.

None are facing the inevitable consequences from the arrival of millions that are culturally benighted, behaviorally challenged, and genetically ungifted. Swedes and Germans are subsidizing the immolation of their own superior cultural, social, and racial identity so as to create what? The "promise" of polyglot ethnic sub-cultures in endless social and economic conflict, some destined for eternal inferiority and resentment as welfare cultures.

The Northern European, is of high intelligence, is much less prone to crime, embraces human rights, and is deeply rooted as a member of a historic European peoples. Since WWII they have finally established cohesive and peaceful societies with high degrees of social capital and high standards of living.

The typical invader has none of these qualities, and bring religious views violently hostile to modernity. The continued and endless mass importation of poverty and the establishment of an ever growing racial-ethnic underclass is only destined to erase heritage peoples and the societies they have built.

Who knows, we may yet see archaeologists digging in Sweden in our lifetime, as they sink probes into the rubble seeking answers to the question of "what happened"?

Oh, you. You're making me blush

/racially superior Aryan Viking

BTW, we already have North American expatriates demanding sex-segregated Saunas or insisting on wrapping themselves in a towel at all times during their visit, contrary to our well-established cultural traditions. So a few more unenlightened individuals with 18th-century views about nudity isn't going to make a big difference.

Die Welt:

Nach Bekanntwerden der Pläne waren in dem kleinen Dorf im Landkreis Lüneburg erhebliche Bedenken laut geworden, doch jetzt ist die Aufregung weitgehend dem Pragmatismus gewichen, scheint es. "Für uns heißt es jetzt konstruktiv mit den Herausforderungen umzugehen", sagt Ortsvorsteher Christian Fabel. "Wir hoffen weiterhin, dass die Breitbandversorgung fürs Internet kommt."

Weil es in Sumte keine Einkaufsmöglichkeiten gibt, ist ein kleiner Laden auf dem Gelände des Bürodorfs eingerichtet worden, Shuttle-Busse sollen die Unterkunft mit den Orten der Umgebung verbinden. "Es wäre schön, wenn man das auch für die Einwohner mit dem Nahverkehr koordinieren könnte", sagt Fabel.

<snip>

Noch ein Vorteil für Sumte: "Bislang sind schon 55 Arbeitsplätze entstanden", sagt ASB-Sprecherin Droba. Mehr als 100 Bewerbungen seien eingegangen, mehrere der neuen Kollegen stammen aus dem Ort.

Rough translation:
After the plans became public, there were considerable concerns, but those have largely made place for a pragmatic approach by now, it seems. Because there have been no shopping facilities in the village, a small shop opened on the premises, a former office complex, and shuttle busses are going to connect the village with surrounding places - the villages are hoping to benefit from that too. Another advantage for Sumte: The refugee shelter has already created 55 new jobs, many of which have been taken by villagers

Doesn't sound quite as apocalyptic now, does it?

Do you read the links provided or just look dig up any bit of trivia that might show a thin silver lining to an otherwise darkening cloud?

The New York Times is not exactly storm-front...ya know:

SUMTE, Germany — This bucolic, one-street settlement of handsome redbrick farmhouses may for the moment have many more cows than people, but next week it will become one of the fastest growing places in Europe. Not that anyone in Sumte is very excited about it.

In early October, the district government informed Sumte’s mayor, Christian Fabel, by email that his village of 102 people just over the border in what was once Communist East Germany would take in 1,000 asylum seekers.

His wife, the mayor said, assured him it must be a hoax. “It certainly can’t be true” that such a small, isolated place would be asked to accommodate nearly 10 times as many migrants as it had residents, she told him. “She thought it was a joke,” he said.

But it was not. Sumte has become a showcase of the extreme pressures bearing down on Germany as it scrambles to find shelter for what, by the end of the year, could be well over a million people seeking refuge from poverty or wars in Africa, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere.

In a small concession to the villagers, Alexander Götz, a regional official from Lower Saxony, told them this week that the initial number of refugees, who start arriving on Monday and will be housed in empty office buildings, would be kept to 500, and limited to 750 in all.

Nevertheless, the influx is testing the limits of tolerance and hospitality in Sumte, and across Germany. It is also straining German politics broadly, creating deep divisions in the conservative camp of Chancellor Angela Merkel and energizing a constellation of extremist groups that feel their time has come.

One of the few people, in fact, who seem enthusiastic about the plan for Sumte is Holger Niemann, 32, an admirer of Hitler and the lone neo-Nazi on the elected district council. He rejoices at the opportunities the migrant crisis has offered.

“It is bad for the people, but politically it is good for me,” Mr. Niemann said of the plan, which would leave the German villagers outnumbered by migrants by more than seven to one....

Reinhold Schlemmer, a former Communist who served as the mayor here before and immediately after the collapse of East Germany, said people like Mr. Niemann would “have been put in prison right away” during the Communist era.

“Now they can stand up and preach,” he said. “People say this is democracy, but I don’t think it is democracy to let Nazis say what they want.”...

Mr. Schlemmer is among those concerned that extremists are exploiting widespread concerns, even in the political mainstream, over absorbing vast numbers of refugees, as the influx tests Germany’s capacity to cope.

Sumte has no shops, no police station, no school. The initial number of arrivals was, in fact, reduced to avoid straining the local sewage system and give time for new pumps to be installed.

“We have zero infrastructure here for so many people,” Mr. Fabel, the mayor, said....

More welfare...more government expenditures...more draining of public resources...Is that great news or what? ;)

Another NYTimes article informs:

...“Throughout Europe, xenophobia and open racism are running rampant, and nationalist, even far-right parties are gaining ground,” Joschka Fischer, the former German foreign minister, wrote recently in an article that appeared on Project Syndicate, an online news service.

“At the same time, this is only the beginning of the crisis, because the conditions inciting people to flee their homelands will only worsen. And the E.U., many of whose members have the world’s largest and best-equipped welfare systems, appears to be overwhelmed by it — politically, morally and administratively.”

Those stresses pose a challenge for the future, experts say, because the flow is unlikely to ebb anytime soon.

“I don’t think this wave can stop,” said Sonja Licht of the International Center for Democratic Transition. “It can maybe from time to time be somewhat less intensive, we simply have to prepare. The global north must be prepared that the global south is on the move, the entire global south. This is not just a problem for Europe but for the whole world.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/0...ad.php?thread_id=3031936&mc=2&forum_id=2&_r=1

One of the few people, in fact, who seem enthusiastic about the plan for Sumte is Holger Niemann, 32, an admirer of Hitler and the lone neo-Nazi on the elected district council. He rejoices at the opportunities the migrant crisis has offered.

Are you sure that NYT article wasn't written by our own Tom Sawyer?

I mean, it basically says
NYT om Sawyer said:
Do you know who else would be happy about immigrants?

Adolf Hitler. That's who.

:mad:

Die Welt:

Rough translation:
After the plans became public, there were considerable concerns, but those have largely made place for a pragmatic approach by now, it seems. Because there have been no shopping facilities in the village, a small shop opened on the premises, a former office complex, and shuttle busses are going to connect the village with surrounding places - the villages are hoping to benefit from that too. Another advantage for Sumte: The refugee shelter has already created 55 new jobs, many of which have been taken by villagers

Doesn't sound quite as apocalyptic now, does it?

Do you read the links provided or just look dig up any bit of trivia that might show a thin silver lining to an otherwise darkening cloud?

Yes, I did read, and I provided a more recent report from the same village. People were apparently worried when it was announced that there would be a large refugee camp in their village. That's what the article says. It's an article from before any refugees actually arrived, though.

Now they have arrived, and the "Welt" article reports the situation on the ground now that that they're starting to come. And it turns out to be much less frightening than some anticipated. Surely, how people feel about it now that refugees are arriving is more relevant than how they felt about it when they first heard it was decided without them being consulted?

You wouldn't understand, though.

“Throughout Europe, xenophobia and open racism are running rampant, and nationalist, even far-right parties are gaining ground,” Joschka Fischer, the former German foreign minister, wrote recently in an article that appeared on Project Syndicate, an online news service.

Reached for comment, Talk Freethought's resident scaredy-pants poster (who wished to remain anonymous for this story) said:

"Awesome! Xenophobia and open racism are what will save the brave and genetically superior people of Northern Europe from the swarthy hordes of sub-humans! Once the far right parties gain control, they'll finally be able to get the trains running on time again...trains filled with non-whites destined for a quick shower, if you know what I'm saying..."

Another NYTimes article informs:

...“Throughout Europe, xenophobia and open racism are running rampant, and nationalist, even far-right parties are gaining ground,” Joschka Fischer, the former German foreign minister, wrote recently in an article that appeared on Project Syndicate, an online news service.

“At the same time, this is only the beginning of the crisis, because the conditions inciting people to flee their homelands will only worsen. And the E.U., many of whose members have the world’s largest and best-equipped welfare systems, appears to be overwhelmed by it — politically, morally and administratively.”

Those stresses pose a challenge for the future, experts say, because the flow is unlikely to ebb anytime soon.

“I don’t think this wave can stop,” said Sonja Licht of the International Center for Democratic Transition. “It can maybe from time to time be somewhat less intensive, we simply have to prepare. The global north must be prepared that the global south is on the move, the entire global south. This is not just a problem for Europe but for the whole world.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/0...ad.php?thread_id=3031936&mc=2&forum_id=2&_r=1

It makes perfect sense for the targets of racism to be held responsible for the actions of the perpetrators of racism.

Lots'a shots. No hits. Better analogy would be Childrens' Crusade in 1212. That ended like this one is going to end with the ethnic radicalization of EU and death to all those looking to make thing right. Worst part is that Europe need healthy workers and people willing to produce more than one child to remain viable.

My guess is ME is over without sufficient water. Europeans will stagger on drinking Perrier and eating truffle laced beuf (sic).

It makes perfect sense for the targets of racism to be held responsible for the actions of the perpetrators of racism.

Living in the global north I await the barbarian hordes with tater tots, craft beer, and heaps of sauerkraut, but not poutine. That would be cruel and unusual.

Wait, do I live in the Global North?

Because I don't live in the Far East, even though my house is at 153o+ East Longitude; So presumably being at 27o+ South Latitude doesn't necessarily qualify me for the Global South either.

Perhaps I do live in the Global South. That means I can go all barbaric on your Northern arses. Yeah! Watch out; I am invading next year (In Business Class, naturally. Just because I'm a barbarian horde, that doesn't mean I don't like my creature comforts).

Living in the global north I await the barbarian hordes with tater tots, craft beer, and heaps of sauerkraut, but not poutine. That would be cruel and unusual.

Wait, do I live in the Global North?

Because I don't live in the Far East, even though my house is at 153o+ East Longitude; So presumably being at 27o+ South Latitude doesn't necessarily qualify me for the Global South either.

Perhaps I do live in the Global South. That means I can go all barbaric on your Northern arses. Yeah! Watch out; I am invading next year (In Business Class, naturally. Just because I'm a barbarian horde, that doesn't mean I don't like my creature comforts).

You will go to the Global North. Where everyone is happy and prosperous.

I think "global north" is code for white folk countries.

Actually the most perfect sense is for the targets of the exploited to hold their people's leadership accountable. The knowing importation of harm to security, safety, and pursuit of happiness of the native population is worthy of strident opposition.

They knew the social consequences, and such reckless and immoral provocations have their results.

Actually the most perfect sense is for the targets of the exploited to hold their people's leadership accountable. The knowing importation of harm to security, safety, and pursuit of happiness of the native population is worthy of strident opposition.

They knew the social consequences, and such reckless and immoral provocations have their results.

See? We agree! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom