• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

European nations recognizing Palestine?

No. They forbid the construction of military structures.

They used to permit the civilian use of concrete but it turns out that there was major diversion of building materials to Hamas (they were only checking the stated use, not that the materials were actually used for that purpose--thus people's houses go unrepaired but Hamas gets tunnel-building materials), I rather suspect their policies will be changed but I haven't heard anything about this yet.

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Herman Melville

Hamas will be justified in injuring, destroying, rocketing, and maiming Israel until Israel buggers off and gives them sovereignty, for the same reason that when a poor person gets bullied by a cop, the right resolution is to fight with any means until the cop backs off or someone is dead, and if it's the poor person, to still fight in their stead.

Israel needs to let go. They need to stop and back off and accept that they have no right to do as they do. We can deal with palestine once that's taken care of, if they still need dealing with.

There's no justification for aiming at innocents.

And you're missing the fact that if Israel does what you want the bloodshed just goes up. The terrorists make no secret of the fact that their goal is the destruction of Israel, preferably by genocide.

Hezbollah got everything they officially wanted. Did they stop? No, Syria and Lebanon conspired to give them a pretext to continue the fight. We haven't heard too much out of Hezbollah in recent times because they have been more interested in subverting Lebanon than attacking Israel but they haven't given up the fight by any means.

They used to permit the civilian use of concrete but it turns out that there was major diversion of building materials to Hamas (they were only checking the stated use, not that the materials were actually used for that purpose--thus people's houses go unrepaired but Hamas gets tunnel-building materials), I rather suspect their policies will be changed but I haven't heard anything about this yet.

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Herman Melville

Hamas will be justified in injuring, destroying, rocketing, and maiming Israel until Israel buggers off and gives them sovereignty, for the same reason that when a poor person gets bullied by a cop, the right resolution is to fight with any means until the cop backs off or someone is dead, and if it's the poor person, to still fight in their stead.

Israel needs to let go. They need to stop and back off and accept that they have no right to do as they do. We can deal with palestine once that's taken care of, if they still need dealing with.
That will only end when every single Jew is dead or converted to islam. Once that's accomplished, then it will be muslim verses muslim until all that's left are the muslim brotherhood groups of terrorist who will then turn on the rest of the western world until it's wholly Islamic.

Israel has controls on building materials coming into the Gaza strip, specifically forbidding the construction of underground structures.

They ban the import of concrete, mortar and other building supplies. It's not entirely effective, but it's clear the Israelies don't want Hamas to build bomb-proof shelters, which is hardly very suprising.

Herman Melville

That will only end when every single Jew is dead or converted to islam. Once that's accomplished, then it will be muslim verses muslim until all that's left are the muslim brotherhood groups of terrorist who will then turn on the rest of the western world until it's wholly Islamic.

The coming of the wireless era will make war impossible, because it will make war ridiculous.
Guglielmo Marconi, pioneer of radio, Technical World Magazine, October, 1912, page 145.

I do not myself think that any civilized nation will torpedo unarmed and defenceless merchant ships.
Charles Cooper Penrose-Fitzgerald, Admiral Royal Navy, Strand Magazine, July, 1914, page 20.

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
Niels Bohr, as quoted in Teaching and Learning Elementary Social Studies (1970) by Arthur K. Ellis, p. 431

Your confident assertions would be misplaced, even if they were based in reality.

They ban the import of concrete, mortar and other building supplies. It's not entirely effective, but it's clear the Israelies don't want Hamas to build bomb-proof shelters, which is hardly very suprising.
The ban hasn't stopped Hamas building miles of tunnels!

They have been allowing in substantial amounts for civilian construction. Unfortunately, they were not actually checking that the materials were used for the approved purposes, much of it was diverted to tunnels.

And it's not bomb-proof shelters that Israel cares about, it's tunnels that Israel cares about.

You don't need reinforced concrete to build a tunnel. You do need it to build a decent bomb shelter.

Hezbollah got everything they officially wanted. Did they stop?
Considering Hezbollah hasn't fired a rocket at Israel in over eight years now, that seems the answer is yes.

We haven't heard too much out of Hezbollah in recent times because they have been more interested in subverting Lebanon than attacking Israel but they haven't given up the fight by any means.

So we should still believe that Hezbollah, having effectively defeated Israel and accomplished all of its national ambitions with regard to Israel, is still fighting Israel, just very very quietly?

And of course, they're doing this because they're Muslims and everyone knows Muslims hate Jews.

You don't need reinforced concrete to build a tunnel. You do need it to build a decent bomb shelter.

Where did you get "reinforced" from? And it's rather irrelevant, anyway--"reinforced concrete" is not a product you can buy in the first place. You buy cement, aggregate (although often these come pre-mixed) and rebar.

Considering Hezbollah hasn't fired a rocket at Israel in over eight years now, that seems the answer is yes.

We haven't heard too much out of Hezbollah in recent times because they have been more interested in subverting Lebanon than attacking Israel but they haven't given up the fight by any means.

So we should still believe that Hezbollah, having effectively defeated Israel and accomplished all of its national ambitions with regard to Israel, is still fighting Israel, just very very quietly?

And of course, they're doing this because they're Muslims and everyone knows Muslims hate Jews.

They just aren't doing a lot. Your 8 years is bogus, though--it's not been even 8 months. It's just a rocket fired at Israel that doesn't kill someone isn't news.

They just aren't doing a lot. Your 8 years is bogus, though--it's not been even 8 months. It's just a rocket fired at Israel that doesn't kill someone isn't news.
There is no evidence that the rockets fired from Lebanon since 2006 were by Hezbollah. More likely it's Palestinian groups acting on their own.

There is no evidence that the rockets fired from Lebanon since 2006 were by Hezbollah. More likely it's Palestinian groups acting on their own.

Hezbollah controls the area they came from.

Don't they? I have yet to meet a muslim who is even neutral towards Jews! I've met hundreds of them as a sales rep. Their pet hates a Jews and Western society, more so Jews!

Don't they? I have yet to meet a muslim who is even neutral towards Jews! I've met hundreds of them as a sales rep. Their pet hates a Jews and Western society, more so Jews!

Eh? Do you ask every person you meet if she is a muslim and what she thinks of jews?
Weird...

The aftermath of 9/11 convinced me of muslim distaste for Judaism. Almost every muslim I met [95%] blamed them [Jews] for the atrocity.

The aftermath of 9/11 convinced me of muslim distaste for Judaism. Almost every muslim I met [95%] blamed them [Jews] for the atrocity.

I'm going way out on a limb here but could it be that you are a bigot?

Your 8 years is bogus, though--it's not been even 8 months. It's just a rocket fired at Israel that doesn't kill someone isn't news.

That and the fact that the sporadic rocket fire coming out of Lebanon isn't coming from HEZBOLLAH.

This seems to be a common problem for you, not being able to tell the difference between vastly different political groups just because they belong to the same race. What next, you'll be telling me that gang violence in Chicago is caused by the New Black Panthers?

Your 8 years is bogus, though--it's not been even 8 months. It's just a rocket fired at Israel that doesn't kill someone isn't news.

That and the fact that the sporadic rocket fire coming out of Lebanon isn't coming from HEZBOLLAH.

This seems to be a common problem for you, not being able to tell the difference between vastly different political groups just because they belong to the same race. What next, you'll be telling me that gang violence in Chicago is caused by the New Black Panthers?

Who else has power there? Nobody.

Back
Top Bottom