• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

European nations recognizing Palestine?

If they're blowing up weapons (including tunnels--they're basically a weapon) there's no need to kill and thus they call ahead to shoo people away. Sometimes Hamas makes the people stay and die anyway.

Hamas Goon #1: "The Israeli's called saying they were going to bomb this place!"

Hamas Goon #2: "Quick! Run for your lives while leaving behind all the weapons we conveniently gathered up in the same place from which we're shooting a random stray rocket with which to frighten the zionists!"

Hamas Goon #1: "What about the tunnel?"

Hamas Goon #2: "Bring the tunnel! War knows no weapon as devilish as the mighty tunnel. INDEED! Soon we shall unveil to the evil zionists our mightiest tunnel yet! They will know fear like they have never known fear! No army may stand before the tunnel mk.2! MUAHAHA!"

Hamas Goon #1: "You always do this."

Hamas Goon #2: "Do what?"

Hamas Goon #1: "Cackle madly while talking the tunnel mk.2 instead of fleeing from our highly effective rocket-firing-positions-slash-inexplicably-centralized-ammo-depots (TM)."

So it's totally OK to slaughter school children because some assholes chose to use them to hide behind.

Nice moral compass you've got there. Seems to allow Israel to do anything and everything that was ever done to them, thus becoming indistinguishable from their tormentors.

When it comes to war there are no good answers--thus pointing out an answer isn't good isn't meaningful.

The Gazan people support the war. If they don't agree with the dead kids then let them change things.

I am eagerly awaiting the day it occurs to you that the people of Gaza could just as easily decide that the "thing" that needs to change is Israel's continued existence. As you just said, there is no good answer in a war; if the Palestinians suddenly acquired the firepower to unleash the kind of destruction on Israel that Israel did on Gaza, they would be every bit as justified in using it.

If they're blowing up weapons (including tunnels--they're basically a weapon) there's no need to kill and thus they call ahead to shoo people away. Sometimes Hamas makes the people stay and die anyway.

Hamas Goon #1: "The Israeli's called saying they were going to bomb this place!"

Hamas Goon #2: "Quick! Run for your lives while leaving behind all the weapons we conveniently gathered up in the same place from which we're shooting a random stray rocket with which to frighten the zionists!"

Hamas Goon #2: "Bring the tunnel! War knows no weapon as devilish as the mighty tunnel. INDEED! Soon we shall unveil to the evil zionists our mightiest tunnel yet! They will know fear like they have never known fear! No army may stand before the tunnel mk.2! MUAHAHA!"

Hamas Goon #1: "Cackle madly while talking the tunnel mk.2 instead of fleeing from our highly effective rocket-firing-positions-slash-inexplicably-centralized-ammo-depots (TM)."

Journalists covering the Gaza War have suggested that Hamas militants actually set up launch sites far removed from their weapons depots, then conceal them and abandon them, leaving them to run on timers. By the time the rocket actually fires, the people who set it up have been gone for hours.

Journalists covering the Gaza War have suggested that Hamas militants actually set up launch sites far removed from their weapons depots, then conceal them and abandon them, leaving them to run on timers. By the time the rocket actually fires, the people who set it up have been gone for hours.

They also use the tunnels far more for commerce than for terror attacks. You can order KFC delivered in Gaza, even though there are no KFC outlets there. Just pay twice the price to Mufeed or Ahmed, and he'll be back in a couple hours with your order.

They also use the tunnels far more for commerce than for terror attacks. You can order KFC delivered in Gaza, even though there are no KFC outlets there. Just pay twice the price to Mufeed or Ahmed, and he'll be back in a couple hours with your order.
The smuggling tunnels are on the Egyptian border. Plus, there are tunnels within Gaza just for enabling the militants to move around undetected and without being blown up.

I've seen a theory about Israel's massive bombing: that it's to keep the Gazans busy with rebuilding for the next couple of years. Sort of like southern Lebanon where they recently did much the same thing.

The smuggling tunnels are on the Egyptian border. Plus, there are tunnels within Gaza just for enabling the militants to move around undetected and without being blown up.

Some of the tunnels come up in Israel.

Lately it seems as though Bibi and co. are busy trying to provide the Goyim with a justification for the past ~2,000 years of persecution. Fucking humans never seem to learn.

Journalists in Gaza report what Hamas wants them to report.

And if the rocket is on a timer there won't be any rocketeers for Israel to bomb.

- - - Updated - - -

You're thinking of the tunnels into Egypt, many of them were for commerce.

It's moot, anyway, as Egypt destroyed them when the Muslim Brotherhood lost power. At this point all tunnels are for war.

Loren's operating system is hardwired with "Jew Good, Arab Bad." Contradicting that hardwiring simply will not compute.
You forgot "Russia bad"
Speaking of which, there seems cognitive dissonance here between "Jew good" "Russia bad"
If someone has been annexing then it's Israel first.

Journalists in Gaza report what Hamas wants them to report.

And if the rocket is on a timer there won't be any rocketeers for Israel to bomb.

- - - Updated - - -

You're thinking of the tunnels into Egypt, many of them were for commerce.

It's moot, anyway, as Egypt destroyed them when the Muslim Brotherhood lost power. At this point all tunnels are for war.

Wrong again. Your propaganda sources are out of date.

But if peace talks continue to drag on, other European nations and the EU itself may become impatient and start to recognize Palestine.

The peace talks drag on because they don't really exist. It's just a negotiating ploy to get countries to support them.
135 nations recognize Palestine so I hardly think whether dragging on the peace talks will make a difference.

I have this mental image of Sweden and Denmark at a bar, and Sweden says, 'Hey, that country over there looks like Palestine', and Denmark is all 'Who? I don't see him' and Sweden is all 'Over there, the scruffy one - the big Jewish guy is blocking our view, but you can see the back of his head; I'm sure that's him', and Denmark is all 'Oh, yes, I hardly recognised him'...

The peace talks drag on because they don't really exist. It's just a negotiating ploy to get countries to support them.
135 nations recognize Palestine so I hardly think whether dragging on the peace talks will make a difference.
These are relatively poor ones and Arab ones, and they don't exactly have much political pull on Israel. But if the relatively rich nations start recognizing Palestine, that could make a big difference.

These are relatively poor ones and Arab ones, and they don't exactly have much political pull on Israel. But if the relatively rich nations start recognizing Palestine, that could make a big difference.

Only if the wealthy European nations join in. The USA will be the very last to recognize Palestine, because our politicians quake in fear of AIPAC. It's similar the the Cuba question - a handful of zealots are holding Washington hostage with their scary TV-advertising dollars.

J-street is trying to counter the influence of AIPAC, but it's a slow, uphill struggle.

Only if the wealthy European nations join in.
That's what I meant. Or do you have in mind the richest and most powerful EU nations like Germany, France and the UK?
The USA will be the very last to recognize Palestine, because our politicians quake in fear of AIPAC. It's similar the the Cuba question - a handful of zealots are holding Washington hostage with their scary TV-advertising dollars.

J-street is trying to counter the influence of AIPAC, but it's a slow, uphill struggle.
President Harry Truman once made a remarkably honest statement about this issue: "I do not have hundreds of thousands of Arabs among my constituents."

I'm sick to death of some here calling Israel an apartheid state when it's all thr Arab nations surrounding her that are apartheid and their human right non existent

I'm sick to death of some here calling Israel an apartheid state when it's all thr Arab nations surrounding her that are apartheid and their human right non existent

Why can't both positions be correct?

Arseholes as far as the eye can see, on both sides.

They need their heads knocked together; picking one side over the other is just making things worse. A pox on both their houses.

Look at the human rights of both sides and you can't possibly place a pox on both their houses. Hamas use the billions given them in aid by the west to build terror tunnels and buy offensive weapons instead of building bomb shelters for their civilians as does Israel. Human rights and gender equality is non existent in ALL Arab nations. I find it hard to believe these people have so many apologist in the West. Surely they have access to the same sources as I have?
Many Palestinians are victims themselves of these extremists, yet sit by and let it happen.

Back
Top Bottom