• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fauci Should Be In Prison - Senator Rand Paul

I'm not at all sure whether the USA was involved in helping develop bioweapons in China.
Very likely we were.
We have a long history of "improving" military technology. From Gatlings guns in the 19th century to nukes in the 20th, it's about time we pushed the envelope on mass killings.
Tom
Why in the world would we work with an enemy in weapons research???? Especially WMD? This makes no sense at all.

As an added bonus, it would be nice if people like him could reflect on, for instance, England’s Great Plague, which killed an estimated 100,000 people—almost a quarter of London's population—in 18 months. The plague was caused by a bacterium which is usually transmitted to a human by the bite of a flea or louse.
Jeezus, you don’t mind showing your ignorance in order to try to make an irrelevant point and excuse the actions of the authoritarians had had us locked down for two years.
Locked down for two years?

It was more than the two weeks Newsom said it would be.
Okay, so an implied admission that it wasn't two years and you were using hyperbole to try to make an invalid point.

Lets move to the next bullshit part of your claim. "Locked down". If you were in a city, you could very well have been stuck. So just how "locked down" were you really. I mean "locked down" implies being stuck in a place, incapable of going out.

I don't recall being locked down. Not being able to go to a bar to me isn't "locked down". Options were certainly limited, but we weren't all in prison, unless you were in Chicago, LA, NYC... and actually stuck inside.

Schools closed, businesses closed, doctor office closed, dentists closed etc. It was called a lockdown and it was for more than two weeks.
No one would disagree that the soft shutdown was more than two weeks. As far as "closed"?

Lots of businesses operated, wasn't it something like 60 or 70% of the population was deemed essential workers. I didn't miss a day of work due to the pandemic. Some places did close down though for a period of time that wasn't remotely two years. Florida was back to business by September of 2020.
Restrictions and emergency powers lasted at least two years because "science".
Oh goody, goalposts getting shifted to "save" "face". Lots of people did technically die. You made a big deal of it with Gov. Cuomo and the nursing homes, or maybe precautions due to a national pandemic only matter when you personally aren't being inconvenienced.

It's that I have zero faith with the conditions my government creates.

Most of us were members during 2017-2021 my dude. Your posts during that period heavily suggest otherwise.

If Fauci was in fact involved in bio weapons research I think he should at least lose his job.

What if Fauci was an alien? What if Fauci was a time traveller who orchestrated Covid to prevent an even bigger disaster from the future from happening? I mean, seeing as you have zero proof you could at least make your speculations interesting.
You're thinking of The Gordian Protocol by Jacob Holo perhaps? :) Time travel/multiple universe novel where they end up having to save Hitler. (The alternative timeline is far, far worse.)

Again. Its not that the average US citizen is stupid it is that the average US citizen KNOWS that their government routinely lies to them about serious matters.

You do understand how unproductive that statement is right?

Right?
Fundamentally, the supposed whistleblowers are usually even worse liars.

As an added bonus, it would be nice if people like him could reflect on, for instance, England’s Great Plague, which killed an estimated 100,000 people—almost a quarter of London's population—in 18 months. The plague was caused by a bacterium which is usually transmitted to a human by the bite of a flea or louse.
Jeezus, you don’t mind showing your ignorance in order to try to make an irrelevant point and excuse the actions of the authoritarians had had us locked down for two years.

Okay, so an implied admission that it wasn't two years and you were using hyperbole to try to make an invalid point.

Lets move to the next bullshit part of your claim. "Locked down". If you were in a city, you could very well have been stuck. So just how "locked down" were you really. I mean "locked down" implies being stuck in a place, incapable of going out.

I don't recall being locked down. Not being able to go to a bar to me isn't "locked down". Options were certainly limited, but we weren't all in prison, unless you were in Chicago, LA, NYC... and actually stuck inside.

Schools closed, businesses closed, doctor office closed, dentists closed etc. It was called a lockdown and it was for more than two weeks.
No one would disagree that the soft shutdown was more than two weeks. As far as "closed"?

Lots of businesses operated, wasn't it something like 60 or 70% of the population was deemed essential workers. I didn't miss a day of work due to the pandemic. Some places did close down though for a period of time that wasn't remotely two years. Florida was back to business by September of 2020.
Oh goody, goalposts getting shifted to "save" "face". Lots of people did technically die. You made a big deal of it with Gov. Cuomo and the nursing homes, or maybe precautions due to a national pandemic only matter when you personally aren't being inconvenienced.

No goalposts being moved.

Jog on.

Recall that Rand Paul is the one who insisted on "auditing Fort Knox." He gave the impression that he thought much of the gold was simply missing and a visual inspection would suffice. (Another "theory" is that the gold has been replaced with gold-plated tungsten. Is there a portable test that Paul could have brought when he inspected Fort Knox?)
I'm pretty sure you could tell them apart with heat. They have similar specific heats but Tungsten has just over half the thermal conductivity. Put one end in hot water in a controlled environment, measure how fast the water cools. I can find only two other elements with as much thermal conductivity--the other two column 11 elements that we can actually handle. Copper and silver. (Roentgenium is also column 11 but only a scientific curiosity, only a few atoms have ever been synthesized and it's too hot for concepts like thermal conductivity to be meaningful.)

Since the possibility of gold plated bars certainly is real I would presume test apparatus like this exists, although I will not swear to the working fluid. (The same concept would work with pretty much anything we regard as a liquid or gas, excluding those that would react with gold. I'm having no luck finding the DBTT for it so I don't know how cold you can go without risk. I just picked water for availability and safety.)
Why can't you just weigh them? Gold has a specific density. Use water displacement for volume, then measure the mass.
I'm assuming competent counterfeiters--what's inside would have to have the same overall density as gold. There aren't a lot of elements that qualify and I'm sure there's no exact match so whatever's inside must be multiple metals, whether alloyed or simply layered. Matching the density wouldn't be that hard. However, the column 11 elements are the most conductive, whatever's inside must be mostly column 11--but the others aren't dense enough.

I'm not at all sure whether the USA was involved in helping develop bioweapons in China.
Very likely we were.
We have a long history of "improving" military technology. From Gatlings guns in the 19th century to nukes in the 20th, it's about time we pushed the envelope on mass killings.
Tom
Why in the world would we work with an enemy in weapons research???? Especially WMD? This makes no sense at all.

It wouldn't be a new thing. Remember the Iran-Contra thing? People do nonsensical things all the time.
And China is not an enemy, at least not yet. Adversary maybe, but that's not the same.

I could easily see US money helping fund research. Especially since it would give us access to results immediately. It's also true that such research could be weaponized, but that doesn't mean it was. Or, at least, that wasn't the intention.
Tom

The best science was on the Joe Rogan Experience for sure. That's where I study epidemiology and space travel.

I actually watched the physicist Sean Carrol on the Joe Rogan Experience trying to explain the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics. I watched it with a friend who understood nothing, so I tried to explain it in my own way. No luck, either. :( But we did record it so he’s listening to it again.

Jog on.
"Lockdown" =/ "restrictions and emergency powers"

I remember being in Ocean City, MD for a memorial in June 2021 (that'd be 15 months). The beaches were pretty full.

Jog on.
"Lockdown" =/ "restrictions and emergency powers"

I remember being in Ocean City, MD for a memorial in June 2021 (that'd be 15 months). The beaches were pretty full.

Semantics. It's boring.

Jog on.

From “locked down for two years“ to “more than two weeks.” :rofl: Wow, watch those goal posts move fast.

He’s a pro tip for Swizzle: Newsom was working with the information he had at the time. So was everyone else. Science was investigating the novel virus. It updated its recommendations as new science came along. That’s how science works. It’s a feature, not a bug, as someone else remarked, and why science makes progress as opposed to, say, religion, or the Republican Party. Then many, many more died than would have otherwise when the Orange Golem you idolize began blabbing about how it’s no big deal and how dare things remain shut and how about everyone drink some bleach?

Meanwhile, your side sticks to things which have clearly been shown false. Certainty is for religion, not science.
Institutionalized religion is institutionalized ignorance. It's one thing to be curious and come up with some pretty goofy explanations for why something happened. Kids do it all the time and that's a good thing. Institutionalized religion tells you to stop asking questions and obey your ignorant leaders.

A good warhead design does not go critical from a single point initiation of the explosives.
NO warhead design does.

If it was so easy to make plutonium go critical, that you could do so by mistake, the Manhattan Project would have lasted a couple of months and cost a few thousand dollars.

The ONLY way to set of a nuke by mistake would be somehow to actuate the triggering mechanism by mistake, on an intact, undamaged, and fully armed warhead.

Preventing this from happening accidentally is trivially easy. The hard part is getting the damn thing to go critical when you actually want it to, which is why the Manhattan Project took so long that the war in Europe was over before they had a bomb; Cost more than any prior weapons reseach program (buy FAR); And still had to waste a large fraction of the world's entire supply of hugely expensive Pu on a test firing, because the smartest men on Earth weren't sure that it could be done - the timings on the conventional explosives had to be accurate to the nanosecond, which at the time was a higher precision than had ever been attempted.

If you could design a nuke that could be accidentally triggered, without using it's own intact and fully functional triggering mechanism, the world would be a very different place (and Berlin would have been a radioactive crater in 1944).

"so called scientists"? They're actual fucking scientists. When it comes to an epidemic I will tend to put my trust in the "so called" experts who dedicate their life to studying something like epidemics rather
More fool you considering the “so called scientists” have admitted they were wrong.

“Just following the science”, lol.
The only fools here are people who think admitting being wrong is an error. Also, what specifically have they "admitted" to being wrong about?

Orbital mechanics? You studied how to fix broken orbits?
Don't be daft. An orbital mechanic is just a regular mechanic working on the ISS.

The commute's a bitch.
isn't there a tesla floating around up there that needs to be maintained?
The interior door panels are falling off and the paint is chipped, but Tesla just announced they're dropping the price of their space-based cars, too!

Back
Top Bottom