• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fauci Should Be In Prison - Senator Rand Paul

Not real sure how science works? Science evolves as more information is uncovered. certainty is for religion.

The "scientists" were soooooo certain they were absolutely right with absolute certainty on everything. Turns out they weren't.

Never again.
Nope.
Yup.
Glad you were able to come to a consensus and agree with Toni.
Yup.

Not real sure how science works? Science evolves as more information is uncovered. certainty is for religion.

The "scientists" were soooooo certain they were absolutely right with absolute certainty on everything. Turns out they weren't.

Never again.
Nope.
Yup.
Glad you were able to come to a consensus and agree with Toni.

Sure, Jan.

Rvonse said:
“Or is it more comforting to trust the so called scientists who know everything? To drink the government narrative. Easier just to believe a bat in a food market caused this worldwide pandemic.”

I hope someone like Rvonse has the courage of his convictions if, godz forbid, he ever needs a know-it-all like, say, an oncologist. And smugly rejects drinking his “narrative,” when it counts.

As an added bonus, it would be nice if people like him could reflect on, for instance, England’s Great Plague, which killed an estimated 100,000 people—almost a quarter of London's population—in 18 months. The plague was caused by a bacterium which is usually transmitted to a human by the bite of a flea or louse.

“Easier to believe” that a common flea caused a quarter of London to die a horrible death, indeed.

Because it did.

Rand Paul claims that Dr. Fauci's private emails are evidence that he was involved in bio weapons research. Has Senator Paul produced those emails, let alone had them independently verified as authentic?

Until those alleged emails emerge and are verfied as authentic, I see no reason to believe a single claim emanating from Senator Paul's pie hole.

Here are the alleged smoking gun emails referenced in RVonce's first link. . Here's the first one by the National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases, dated 5/27/2014:
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ALLERGY AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES Grant Number: 1 RO 1 Al 110964-01 FAIN: R01Al110964

Principal lnvestigator(s): PETER DASZAK,PHD

Project Title: Understanding the Risk of Bat Coronavirus Emergence
Aleksei President 460 West 34th Street 17th Floor New York, NY 100012317

Award e-mailed to: (b)(6) ----------- Budget Period: 06/01/2014-05/31/2015

Project Period: 06/01/2014 - 05/31/2019

Dear Business Official: The National Institutes of Health hereby awards a grant in the amount of $666,442 (see "Award Calculation" in Section I and ''Terms and Conditions" in Section 111) to ECOHEALTH ALLIANCE, INC. in support of the above referenced project. This award is pursuant to the authority of 42 USC 241 42 CFR 52 and is subject to the requirements of this statute and regulation and of other referenced, incorporated or attached terms and conditions.

Acceptance of this award including the "Terms and Conditions" is acknowledged by the grantee when funds are drawn down or otherwise obtained from the grant payment system.

Each publication, press release, or other document about research supported by an NIH award must include an acknowledgment of NIH award support and a disclaimer such as "Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number R01Al110964. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health." Prior to issuing a press release concerning the outcome of this research, please notify the NIH awarding IC in advance to allow for coordination.

Award recipients must promote objectivity in research by establishing standards that provide a reasonable expectation that the design, conduct and reporting of research funded under NIH awards will be free from bias resulting from an Investigator's Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI), in accordance with the 2011 revised regulation at 42 CFR Part 50 Subpart F. The Institution shall submit all FCOI reports to the NIH through the eRA Commons FCOI Module. The regulation does not apply to Phase I Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR} awards. Consult the NIH website http://qrants.nih.gov/qrants/policy/coi/ for a link to the regulation and additional important information.

If you have any questions about this award, please contact the individual(s) referenced in Section IV.

Sincerely yours,

Here is the second one. This one is dated 8/28/2020. The headings are pretty much the same as the first so I'll not reproduce them here.:
Project Title: Understanding Risk of Zoonotic Virus Emergence in EID Hotspots of Southeast Asia

Dear Business Official:

The National Institutes of Health hereby revises this award (see "Award Calculation" in Section I and "Terms and Conditions" in Section Ill) to ECOHEALTH ALLIANCE, INC. in support of the above referenced project. This award is pursuant to the authority of 42 USC 241 31 USC 6305 42 CFR 52 and is subject to the requirements of this statute and regulation and of other referenced, incorporated or attached terms and conditions.

Acceptance of this award including the "Terms and Conditions" is acknowledged by the grantee when funds are drawn down or otherwise obtained from the grant payment system.

Each publication, press release, or other document about research supported by an NIH award must include an acknowledgment of NIH award support and a disclaimer such as "Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number U01 Al151797. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health." Prior to issuing a press release concerning the outcome of this research, please notify the NIH awarding IC in advance to allow for coordination.

Award recipients must promote objectivity in research by establishing standards that provide a reasonable expectation that the design, conduct and reporting of research funded under NIH awards will be free from bias resulting from an Investigator's Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI), in accordance with the 2011 revised regulation at 42 CFR Part 50 Subpart F. The Institution shall submit all FCOI reports to the NIH through the eRA Commons FCOI Module. The regulation does not apply to Phase I Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STIR) awards. Consult the NIH website http://qrants.nih.gov/grants/policy/coi/ for a link to the regulation and additional important information.

If you have any questions about this award, please contact the individual(s) referenced in Section IV.

Sincerely yours,

Make of this the dastardly nature of Dr. Fauci.

Rvonse said:
“Or is it more comforting to trust the so called scientists who know everything? To drink the government narrative. Easier just to believe a bat in a food market caused this worldwide pandemic.”

I hope someone like Rvonse has the courage of his convictions if, godz forbid, he ever needs a know-it-all like, say, an oncologist. And smugly rejects drinking his “narrative,” when it counts.

As an added bonus, it would be nice if people like him could reflect on, for instance, England’s Great Plague, which killed an estimated 100,000 people—almost a quarter of London's population—in 18 months. The plague was caused by a bacterium which is usually transmitted to a human by the bite of a flea or louse.

“Easier to believe” that a common flea caused a quarter of London to die a horrible death, indeed.

Because it did.
Yes, but it was sent by the great Googly Moogly because people were starting to be gay.

Jeezus, you don’t mind showing your ignorance in order to try to make an irrelevant point and excuse the actions of the authoritarians had had us locked down for two years.

Some are, some are paid by universities, private industry, different govts…when the majority paint a similar picture, you can start to feel confidence in their data.
Universities are rarely pay their own money and overall as an entity receive government money, and private money is even worse than government in terms of modifying recipient's behaviour.

One of the advantages of living in a first world country is we no longer live in terror of Small Pox and Polio. Small Pox was eradicated in the third world because the first world saw it as the only way to keep themselves safe. Polio still exists in places. I suppose the vaccine has made us feel less defensive.
Polio still exists in places because radical Islam will not accept any benefit from the west.

i'm an aerospace engineer by education (specializing in orbital mechanics) and radar analyst/test engineer by trade. would you trust my opinion on how to build a bridge over that of a civil engineer who actually studied that shit?
Orbital mechanics? You studied how to fix broken orbits? How can an orbit even be broken? Of course we shouldn't trust you! :):)

Most of my knowledge of orbits comes from the Kerbels.

"so called scientists"? They're actual fucking scientists. When it comes to an epidemic I will tend to put my trust in the "so called" experts who dedicate their life to studying something like epidemics rather
More fool you considering the “so called scientists” have admitted they were wrong.

“Just following the science”, lol.
A source which is never wrong actually just never admits to being wrong.

The idiocy of that whole mindset of “duhhhh, scientists are wrong sometimes” completely misses the central point that the process of continually testing, evaluating, refining—and if necessary, discarding—scientific knowledge is a feature, not a bug.

Compare that with the permanence of, say, the Bible’s insightful geological conclusion that earthquakes are…caused by God’s anger. It said that 2,000 years ago, it says that today (tip o’ the cap to Marjorie Taylor Greene), and it’ll say that 2,000 fucking years from now.

Yet we still get these morons who can’t see the directly analogous similarities between COVID’s emergence and the emergence of any number of outbreaks known to have purely naturalistic origins—from lice, from rats, from mosquitoes, from monkeys—not from super-secrety weaponized labs, not from complicated international conspiracies, not from nefarious Bond Villain wannabes, but the simpler (if not as sexy) explanation. The one that benefits from being true.

Would that these naysayers, when they themselves are sick, decline to take anything developed in a lab; undergo no procedures derived and vetted through rigorous scientific method.

Our collective IQ would skyrocket…

Jeezus, you don’t mind showing your ignorance in order to try to make an irrelevant point and excuse the actions of the authoritarians had had us locked down for two years.
Locked down for two years? You living in China at the time?

Recall that Rand Paul is the one who insisted on "auditing Fort Knox." He gave the impression that he thought much of the gold was simply missing and a visual inspection would suffice. (Another "theory" is that the gold has been replaced with gold-plated tungsten. Is there a portable test that Paul could have brought when he inspected Fort Knox?)
I'm pretty sure you could tell them apart with heat. They have similar specific heats but Tungsten has just over half the thermal conductivity. Put one end in hot water in a controlled environment, measure how fast the water cools. I can find only two other elements with as much thermal conductivity--the other two column 11 elements that we can actually handle. Copper and silver. (Roentgenium is also column 11 but only a scientific curiosity, only a few atoms have ever been synthesized and it's too hot for concepts like thermal conductivity to be meaningful.)

Since the possibility of gold plated bars certainly is real I would presume test apparatus like this exists, although I will not swear to the working fluid. (The same concept would work with pretty much anything we regard as a liquid or gas, excluding those that would react with gold. I'm having no luck finding the DBTT for it so I don't know how cold you can go without risk. I just picked water for availability and safety.)

Recall that Rand Paul is the one who insisted on "auditing Fort Knox." He gave the impression that he thought much of the gold was simply missing and a visual inspection would suffice. (Another "theory" is that the gold has been replaced with gold-plated tungsten. Is there a portable test that Paul could have brought when he inspected Fort Knox?)
I'm pretty sure you could tell them apart with heat. They have similar specific heats but Tungsten has just over half the thermal conductivity. Put one end in hot water in a controlled environment, measure how fast the water cools. I can find only two other elements with as much thermal conductivity--the other two column 11 elements that we can actually handle. Copper and silver. (Roentgenium is also column 11 but only a scientific curiosity, only a few atoms have ever been synthesized and it's too hot for concepts like thermal conductivity to be meaningful.)

Since the possibility of gold plated bars certainly is real I would presume test apparatus like this exists, although I will not swear to the working fluid. (The same concept would work with pretty much anything we regard as a liquid or gas, excluding those that would react with gold. I'm having no luck finding the DBTT for it so I don't know how cold you can go without risk. I just picked water for availability and safety.)
Why can't you just weigh them? Gold has a specific density. Use water displacement for volume, then measure the mass.

Locked down for two years?

It was more than the two weeks Newsom said it would be.

And Rand Paul is an idiot.
Here's what I think lying politicians and such are trying to throw a blanket over. C19 became a disaster in the USA due to Trump and his administration. Doesn't matter where it came from, it was our government that made it such a problem.
I think his response hurt in creating a lot of denial of the facts, but I suspect the end result would have been similar. The one advantage would be blunting the peak, making less of an overload of the health systems and thus fewer secondary deaths.

For nearly all of human history, such a virus would probably never get much further than Wuhan. Because travel was slow and arduous. That changed as jet travel became common. C19 was probably spreading through crowded airports around the globe before it was even known to exist.
Disagree. It would have gotten out anyway because of asymptomatic spread. Much, much slower but it would happen.

I do agree planes had spread it before it was discovered. All the obsession about keeping the Chinese out was irrelevant, it was here. There appear to have been cases as CES--that's early January and a major trade show, an absolute playground for an undetected airborne threat, especially one that can spread before the victims are aware of it.

That risk has been known for decades. Bush II administration recognized it and formed a cabinet level committee specifically to watch and plan for such an eventuality. Obama continued it. Trump "defunded" it. So when it happened, top government officials had nothing but CYA on their minds. Mitigation of the effects wasn't much of a concern, protecting their political futures was the most crucial aspect of their policies.

As a result, C19 became a huge disaster when it might not have been had the Trump administration been prepared.
I do not believe the preparations would have been anywhere near enough. Politicians never fund defense adequately unless it's got a major pork component.

"so called scientists"? They're actual fucking scientists. When it comes to an epidemic I will tend to put my trust in the "so called" experts who dedicate their life to studying something like epidemics rather
More fool you considering the “so called scientists” have admitted they were wrong.

“Just following the science”, lol.

Never again.
Those of us who understand science do not have a problem with how the scientific community responded, other than being in denial about airborne spread. It was an old mistake, separating droplet spread from airborne when it's really just a range. For the disease where the differentiation originated it made sense, but that wasn't the general case.

Meanwhile, your side sticks to things which have clearly been shown false. Certainty is for religion, not science.

Okay, so an implied admission that it wasn't two years and you were using hyperbole to try to make an invalid point.

Lets move to the next bullshit part of your claim. "Locked down". If you were in a city, you could very well have been stuck. So just how "locked down" were you really. I mean "locked down" implies being stuck in a place, incapable of going out.

I don't recall being locked down. Not being able to go to a bar to me isn't "locked down". Options were certainly limited, but we weren't all in prison, unless you were in Chicago, LA, NYC... and actually stuck inside.

Okay, so an implied admission that it wasn't two years and you were using hyperbole to try to make an invalid point.

Lets move to the next bullshit part of your claim. "Locked down". If you were in a city, you could very well have been stuck. So just how "locked down" were you really. I mean "locked down" implies being stuck in a place, incapable of going out.

I don't recall being locked down. Not being able to go to a bar to me isn't "locked down". Options were certainly limited, but we weren't all in prison, unless you were in Chicago, LA, NYC... and actually stuck inside.

Schools closed, businesses closed, doctor office closed, dentists closed etc. It was called a lockdown and it was for more than two weeks. Restrictions and emergency powers lasted at least two years because "science".

1) Its not that I prefer Rand Paul wisdom over other scientists. It's that I have zero faith with the conditions my government creates. Barbos hits this point squarely on the nose. Because no matter how smart you think you are and no matter how smart and independent you think the scientists are...that all goes out the window when people are under other motivations. And a seriously corrupt powerful government like the US can and has the means to provide some serious motivation for real science not to be real anymore. It's very easy to see how powerful those forces are as we observe in the daylight Julian Assange ( not even a US citizen) being successfully punished by the US government for the same kind of journalism that took place during Watergate. What happens to an independent scientist the government does not like?
And why is this a reason to believe he's not part of the corruption??

2) If Fauci was in fact involved in bio weapons research I think he should at least lose his job. Because I do not believe any government should be involved in bio weapons research. There are more than enough weapons to kill everyone on the planet as it is. We do not need to invent anything more. And to be clear it would not be the perjury per say that I thought was so bad, it would be the cover up of the research of a bio weapons program. And to me (if true) there would be no comparison between DJT lying about the value of a building versus Fauci lying about starting a world wide pandemic causing death and destruction.
Nobody sane as even alleged that Fauci was involved in bioweapons research. The claim is gain of function research which is not weapons research. It's controversial because of the possibility of creating something nasty but that's not the same thing as creating a weapon.

3) If true, would not call for Beijing to be nuked at all. I would not even try to prosecute China they were only acting as an agent for US criminals.
Based on a false premise.

4) Again. Its not that the average US citizen is stupid it is that the average US citizen KNOWS that their government routinely lies to them about serious matters. This appearance not to believe people they should trust is what causes you and others to think you are so much smarter than them.
Of course they lie. Doesn't make your guy not even more of a liar.

The thing is the real secrets are very well hidden. Consider the case of the K129. It went down more than 50 years ago and we still don't know the details. What were it's orders? Did it attempt a rogue launch against Hawaii? What exploded in the vicinity of a nuclear weapon? (Contamination consistent with a destroyed nuclear weapon has been reported.) Major accident or did a warhead self-destruct because someone was trying to tamper with it? (They did not have a PAL system or anything like it at the time, but that doesn't mean they didn't have some sort of safety. Our PAL devices respond to attempts to defeat them by simply destroying the firing controls without actually firing the detonator, but a last resort safety that deliberately misfires the detonator is not an unreasonable possibility. A good warhead design does not go critical from a single point initiation of the explosives.)

5) I wish we could live in an Eisenhower era world where you could actually trust the government had our best interest. And I think it is right for people to use their best judgement as to whether to believe the pharmaceutical corporations and government are really telling us how safe we are taking a particular vaccine. For the record I took the COVID vaccine when it came out.
:rofl:

It's just the malfeasance was much better hidden.

Back
Top Bottom