• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fauci Should Be In Prison - Senator Rand Paul

"so called scientists"? They're actual fucking scientists. When it comes to an epidemic I
To be fair, scientists are paid by the government and are under the pressure of said government, shitty government in your case.
Some are, some are paid by universities, private industry, different govts…when the majority paint a similar picture, you can start to feel confidence in their data.

Scientists also tend to be more cooperative with their work than other institutions. The virologists I follow often talk about joint efforts with other science institutions, even from opposing govts.

And Rand Paul is an idiot.
Here's what I think lying politicians and such are trying to throw a blanket over. C19 became a disaster in the USA due to Trump and his administration. Doesn't matter where it came from, it was our government that made it such a problem.

For nearly all of human history, such a virus would probably never get much further than Wuhan. Because travel was slow and arduous. That changed as jet travel became common. C19 was probably spreading through crowded airports around the globe before it was even known to exist.

That risk has been known for decades. Bush II administration recognized it and formed a cabinet level committee specifically to watch and plan for such an eventuality. Obama continued it. Trump "defunded" it. So when it happened, top government officials had nothing but CYA on their minds. Mitigation of the effects wasn't much of a concern, protecting their political futures was the most crucial aspect of their policies.

As a result, C19 became a huge disaster when it might not have been had the Trump administration been prepared.
Tom
ETA ~ Maybe C19 was God smiting Trump and the people who put him in the White House `

Last edited:
"so called scientists"? They're actual fucking scientists. When it comes to an epidemic I will tend to put my trust in the "so called" experts who dedicate their life to studying something like epidemics rather
More fool you considering the “so called scientists” have admitted they were wrong.

“Just following the science”, lol.
Not real sure how science works? Science evolves as more information is uncovered. certainty is for religion.

"so called scientists"? They're actual fucking scientists. When it comes to an epidemic I will tend to put my trust in the "so called" experts who dedicate their life to studying something like epidemics rather
More fool you considering the “so called scientists” have admitted they were wrong.

Not real sure how science works? Science evolves as more information is uncovered. certainty is for religion.

The "scientists" were soooooo certain they were absolutely right with absolute certainty on everything. Turns out they weren't.

Never again.

The "scientists" were soooooo certain they were absolutely right with absolute certainty on everything. Turns out they weren't.
I'm absolutely certain that didn't happen.
I can imagine that simpletons and grifters pretended that they did on media.

Apparently you really are ignorant about how real scientific method works.
Tom

Never again was.
FIFY.

Certainly is a problem in politics these days. The alt-right wingers can't even remember what happened 2 to 4 years ago. Then they have to resort to quote-mining a few quotes, usually out of context to justify the Murdoch Delusion.

Makes matters even worse when said people are completely ignorant of risk management and science as a whole.

Never again.

Yet another totally ignorant statement from you. Any competent scientist will tell you there is no such thing as absolute certainty in science. Another Swizzle Fizzle, I’m afraid. :(

I have some questions for you, @RVonse

(1) Do you prefer the wisdom of Rand Paul over that of objective thinkers and scientists? If not, why do you listen to him? If he had some useful and valid point to make, don't you think competent objective thinkers -- surely better sources -- would provide the same "information" you get from Senator Paul? (Or are the other 99 Senators, and all the professional scientists and analysts in the pockets of Big Woke or Big Green and we are fortunate to have "the voice of one dentist* crying in the wilderness" to listen to? * -- Is Paul really a dentist?)

Recall that Rand Paul is the one who insisted on "auditing Fort Knox." He gave the impression that he thought much of the gold was simply missing and a visual inspection would suffice. (Another "theory" is that the gold has been replaced with gold-plated tungsten. Is there a portable test that Paul could have brought when he inspected Fort Knox?)

But in fact after making special arrangements for this inspection of Fort Knox, Paul declined to participate. Perhaps he was too busy shmoozing with some donor who wanted to congratulate Paul for his "audit!" :cool:

(2) Even assuming the allegations are true, do you really think Fauci should "be in prison". How about MTG, DJT etc? They committed much more perjury than Fauci ever did: should they be in prison?

(3) Assuming the allegations are true, do you think the new viruses got out of the lab due to incompetence, or due to malice? In either case, what would be the appropriate response? Nuke Beijing?

(4) If U.S. authorities suspected that Chinese malfeasance (or even just incompetence) was responsible for the pandemic, what would appropriate response be? The U.S. does NOT publish details of enemy weaponry, espionage, cyber attacks etc. I think there are good reasons to prefer diplomatic channels over publishing so that every Tom, Dick, and Rand can opine on whether to bomb Beijing or not. I realize this is a topic on which you and I have differing views. I have respect for professional scientists, intelligence experts, etc. You trust Ken and Karen Common_People over experts, presumably out of fear that experts have been co-opted by the Deep State or Islamo-Wokeism. (I can summarize my view by asking you to consider how utterly stupid the average American is; then noting that 49% of Americans are even stupider than that. Many even fall for conspiracy theories, like Rand Paul's Fort Knox is full of tungsten wet dream.)

(5) What do YOU think about the Covid vaccines, RVonse? I think that "LP" and QOPAnon are united on this issue; both oppose vaccines in general, and mandated vaccines especially. As another Infidel pointed out, it is hilarious that the same groups (LP and QOPAnon) who think the whole Covid scare was a hoax dreamt up by Fauci and the Deep State, ALSO think that Covid was a deadly pathogen foisted on us by a malicious China regime!

This mismatch -- American crazies simultaneously thinking BOTH that Covid was a bio-weapon AND that it was all just a hoax -- reminds me of this quote from Alice in Wonderland:
White Queen said:
[After Alice said “There’s no use trying. One can’t believe impossible things.”]

I daresay you haven't had much practice. When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
1) Its not that I prefer Rand Paul wisdom over other scientists. It's that I have zero faith with the conditions my government creates. Barbos hits this point squarely on the nose. Because no matter how smart you think you are and no matter how smart and independent you think the scientists are...that all goes out the window when people are under other motivations. And a seriously corrupt powerful government like the US can and has the means to provide some serious motivation for real science not to be real anymore. It's very easy to see how powerful those forces are as we observe in the daylight Julian Assange ( not even a US citizen) being successfully punished by the US government for the same kind of journalism that took place during Watergate. What happens to an independent scientist the government does not like?

2) If Fauci was in fact involved in bio weapons research I think he should at least lose his job. Because I do not believe any government should be involved in bio weapons research. There are more than enough weapons to kill everyone on the planet as it is. We do not need to invent anything more. And to be clear it would not be the perjury per say that I thought was so bad, it would be the cover up of the research of a bio weapons program. And to me (if true) there would be no comparison between DJT lying about the value of a building versus Fauci lying about starting a world wide pandemic causing death and destruction.

3) If true, would not call for Beijing to be nuked at all. I would not even try to prosecute China they were only acting as an agent for US criminals.

4) Again. Its not that the average US citizen is stupid it is that the average US citizen KNOWS that their government routinely lies to them about serious matters. This appearance not to believe people they should trust is what causes you and others to think you are so much smarter than them.

5) I wish we could live in an Eisenhower era world where you could actually trust the government had our best interest. And I think it is right for people to use their best judgement as to whether to believe the pharmaceutical corporations and government are really telling us how safe we are taking a particular vaccine. For the record I took the COVID vaccine when it came out.

Rand Paul claims that Dr. Fauci's private emails are evidence that he was involved in bio weapons research. Has Senator Paul produced those emails, let alone had them independently verified as authentic?

Until those alleged emails emerge and are verfied as authentic, I see no reason to believe a single claim emanating from Senator Paul's pie hole.

Rand Paul claims that Dr. Fauci's private emails are evidence that he was involved in bio weapons research. Has Senator Paul produced those emails, let alone had them independently verified as authentic?

Until those alleged emails emerge and are verfied as authentic, I see no reason to believe a single claim emanating from Senator Paul's pie hole.
Even if Fauci were, he'd have been part of the government when he did.
Ya know, that government that Swizz and Vonse don't trust unless they say stuff that S&V want to hear.
Tom

This appears to be Paul’s much ado about nothing over emails.

The only thing interesting about the interview is that CNN’s John Berman appears to be a moron, particularly with his last “do you regret” question, which Fauci incredulously swatted down with the obvious reply.

I'm not at all sure whether the USA was involved in helping develop bioweapons in China.
Very likely we were.
We have a long history of "improving" military technology. From Gatlings guns in the 19th century to nukes in the 20th, it's about time we pushed the envelope on mass killings.
Tom

2) If Fauci was in fact involved in bio weapons research I think he should at least lose his job. Because I do not believe any government should be involved in bio weapons research.
Prolifer that I am I completely agree.

Since Trump was in charge of all that, at the time, I don't think he's qualified to hold any government job.
Much less POTUS.

That's just another reason to think Trump should not be allowed anywhere near government authority.
Tom

This appears to be Paul’s much ado about nothing over emails.

The only thing interesting about the interview is that CNN’s John Berman appears to be a moron, particularly with his last “do you regret” question, which Fauci incredulously swatted down with the obvious reply.
Thank you. If that is Senator Paul's evidence, it is only evidence that he is a moronic fucktard.

I have some questions for you, @RVonse

(1) Do you prefer the wisdom of Rand Paul over that of objective thinkers and scientists? If not, why do you listen to him? If he had some useful and valid point to make, don't you think competent objective thinkers -- surely better sources -- would provide the same "information" you get from Senator Paul? (Or are the other 99 Senators, and all the professional scientists and analysts in the pockets of Big Woke or Big Green and we are fortunate to have "the voice of one dentist* crying in the wilderness" to listen to? * -- Is Paul really a dentist?)

Recall that Rand Paul is the one who insisted on "auditing Fort Knox." He gave the impression that he thought much of the gold was simply missing and a visual inspection would suffice. (Another "theory" is that the gold has been replaced with gold-plated tungsten. Is there a portable test that Paul could have brought when he inspected Fort Knox?)

But in fact after making special arrangements for this inspection of Fort Knox, Paul declined to participate. Perhaps he was too busy shmoozing with some donor who wanted to congratulate Paul for his "audit!" :cool:

(2) Even assuming the allegations are true, do you really think Fauci should "be in prison". How about MTG, DJT etc? They committed much more perjury than Fauci ever did: should they be in prison?

(3) Assuming the allegations are true, do you think the new viruses got out of the lab due to incompetence, or due to malice? In either case, what would be the appropriate response? Nuke Beijing?

(4) If U.S. authorities suspected that Chinese malfeasance (or even just incompetence) was responsible for the pandemic, what would appropriate response be? The U.S. does NOT publish details of enemy weaponry, espionage, cyber attacks etc. I think there are good reasons to prefer diplomatic channels over publishing so that every Tom, Dick, and Rand can opine on whether to bomb Beijing or not. I realize this is a topic on which you and I have differing views. I have respect for professional scientists, intelligence experts, etc. You trust Ken and Karen Common_People over experts, presumably out of fear that experts have been co-opted by the Deep State or Islamo-Wokeism. (I can summarize my view by asking you to consider how utterly stupid the average American is; then noting that 49% of Americans are even stupider than that. Many even fall for conspiracy theories, like Rand Paul's Fort Knox is full of tungsten wet dream.)

(5) What do YOU think about the Covid vaccines, RVonse? I think that "LP" and QOPAnon are united on this issue; both oppose vaccines in general, and mandated vaccines especially. As another Infidel pointed out, it is hilarious that the same groups (LP and QOPAnon) who think the whole Covid scare was a hoax dreamt up by Fauci and the Deep State, ALSO think that Covid was a deadly pathogen foisted on us by a malicious China regime!

This mismatch -- American crazies simultaneously thinking BOTH that Covid was a bio-weapon AND that it was all just a hoax -- reminds me of this quote from Alice in Wonderland:
White Queen said:
[After Alice said “There’s no use trying. One can’t believe impossible things.”]

I daresay you haven't had much practice. When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
*1) to 5) snip*
So... did Rand Paul lie?

It's that I have zero faith with the conditions my government creates.

Most of us were members during 2017-2021 my dude. Your posts during that period heavily suggest otherwise.

If Fauci was in fact involved in bio weapons research I think he should at least lose his job.

What if Fauci was an alien? What if Fauci was a time traveller who orchestrated Covid to prevent an even bigger disaster from the future from happening? I mean, seeing as you have zero proof you could at least make your speculations interesting.

And to me (if true) there would be no comparison between DJT lying about the value of a building versus Fauci lying about starting a world wide pandemic causing death and destruction.

Let's use a more equivalent example. What is worse; Fauci lying about a pandemic (which we have no evidence) or Trump lying about it? And before you answer, you might want to read this article:

Again. Its not that the average US citizen is stupid it is that the average US citizen KNOWS that their government routinely lies to them about serious matters.

You do understand how unproductive that statement is right?

Right?

Never again.
Nope.

Never again.
Nope.
Yup.

Back
Top Bottom