• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Fire and Fury" The book that demonstrates that Trump is unfit to serve as president

America is basically in the same position that Russia was when they elected Yeltsin. He let the oligarchs steal the country. But he was incompetent to run the country. So who replaced him? That's when the real tyranny will begin. When America elects their Putin.

....or Nigel Farage.

Nigel Farage is a mischief maker and a destroyer. Not a leader. He couldn't lead someone out of a toilet stall. Much like Mr Trump.

On balance, it will be interesting to see who comes out looking worse, Trump, a man with a sullied reputation or the left leaning media who keeps trying to sully Trump's reputation.

They went for the low hanging fruit instead of asking why. Why was Wolff allowed to stick around for a year? Why was no agreement pushed on him as to what he could write?

On balance, it will be interesting to see who comes out looking worse, Trump, a man with a sullied reputation or the left leaning media who keeps trying to sully Trump's reputation.
The left leaning media?! Reporting the President is naked doesn't mean the media is biased.
They went for the low hanging fruit instead of asking why. Why was Wolff allowed to stick around for a year? Why was no agreement pushed on him as to what he could write?
Because Trump is an idiot, and everyone in the White House was trying to put out fires to not notice this. Remember, Plan of Attack, written by Woodward existed too.

Sebastion Gorka confirms Wolff was allowed in.

"Gorka writes that, while working at the White House, he didn’t trust any journalist with whom he didn’t have a preexisting relationship and “if you came from an outlet that belonged to what President Trump calls #FakeNews, I really wasn’t interested in becoming your friend.”

But he goes on to say, in a hilariously misguided effort to discredit Wolff, that the author was indeed given access to the White House and staffers were asked to speak with him.

“[Y]ou’d never see Jim Acosta coming out of my office or Maggie Haberman buying me an espresso at Peet’s around the corner from the West Wing,” Gorka writes in the column. “So, when I met Michael Wolff in Reince Priebus’ office, where he was waiting to talk to Steve Bannon, and after I had been told to also speak to him for his book, my attitude was polite but firm: ‘Thanks but no thanks.’ Our brief encounter reinforced my gut feeling that this oleaginous scribe had no interest in being fair and unbiased.”"

Of course, he was allowed in. I am about halfway through the book and you just can't make this shit up. It's mostly true IMO.

Mercer has spit him out. Poor Bannon, cast out by the people that really pull the strings.
It is odd, the puppet master being tossed out by the other puppet master. And for making statements that were reasonable.

Yes, Jr, Kuschner, and Manafort were fools (at best) to meet with the Russians without even a lawyer present. How anyone can disagree with that is unfathomable.

Of course, he was allowed in. I am about halfway through the book and you just can't make this shit up. It's mostly true IMO.
Yes.

Bannon was warned that he couldn't prevail against the family. But he thought he was smarter than that...
But it wasn't the family that ousted him, it was Mercer. And Bannon never really took on Trump. Trump wanted Moore the whole time in Alabama, but played ball with McConnell.

Yes.

Bannon was warned that he couldn't prevail against the family. But he thought he was smarter than that...
But it wasn't the family that ousted him, it was Mercer. And Bannon never really took on Trump. Trump wanted Moore the whole time in Alabama, but played ball with McConnell.

Bannon thought Trump was a puppet that he could control. He was the man behind the curtain.

Yes.

It was the family that got him out of the wh. And it was Bannon's hubris that made him think he could use Wolff.

It was the family that got him out of the wh. And it was Bannon's hubris that made him think he could use Wolff.
When did Kelly get into the Trump family?

So you think the decision to fire Bannon originated with Kelly?

So you think the decision to fire Bannon originated with Kelly?
Yeah, I think that was my implied position. Kelly wanted Bannon out because Bannon belonged in the White House as much as Trump did... but at least Trump was *gulp* elected.

According to the book, it was Jared/Ivanka who had been campaigning against Bannon, and the interview Bannon gave sealed the deal. Kelly was just a messenger.

Unless Wolff is full of shit, which is possible too.

Back
Top Bottom