• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Fire and Fury" The book that demonstrates that Trump is unfit to serve as president

I would disagree with the title of this post. The book is demonstrating that the trumpster fire is unfit for office. He's doing that just fine on his own (even without the behind the scenes dirt in the book).

I would disagree with the title of this post. The book is demonstrating that the trumpster fire is unfit for office. He's doing that just fine on his own (even without the behind the scenes dirt in the book).

Well, the author of the book would actually agree with you. I saw him interviewed and he said something along the lines of "I'm surprised that the book is getting so much attention since most of us already knew this was going on." ( Paraphrased, as I don't remember his exact words. )

Having said that, the book paints a very detailed narrative of what goes on in the White House. Most of us probably suspected that the WH was in chaos, but Wolf gives a lot of very detailed evidence of what we imagined to be true, is actually true. I've read almost all of the book and I"m sure there are some things that aren't exactly true, since I've worked in places where gossip was often exaggerated, but I do believe that what goes on in the WH is pretty close to what is documented in the book.

If nothing else, the book has cast some very negative light on Bannon, who hasn't denied that he made the comments that the book claimed he said. I'll give him credit for that. Those who deny the book is true are basically liars, unaware or in total denial.

But, the news cycle has switched again and now the topic has to do with Trump's remarks about shit holes. The reality show drags on while most of us worry about the future of our country.

While I agree with the sentiment that Trump is not fit to be President, I challenge you to name one past President who has been fit to be President.

A CS rep in my office ordered and received the book... he has a 10 month old black lab puppy, who got hold of it the first time he put it down, chewed the shit out of the cover.
I told him "i guess she's one of those rare black Republicans!"

While I agree with the sentiment that Trump is not fit to be President, I challenge you to name one past President who has been fit to be President.

Obama graduated from Columba University, and then Harvard Law school. So he had presidential education... what do you mean by "fit"? If you mean, "not judged to be unfit", then every president that hasn't been threatened with impeachment was 'fit'.

Trump went to Fordham College and has no higher degree.

Even George W. went to fucking Yale... and then Harvard Business School. So what is "fit"?

George HW Bush was by far 'fit'. Clinton and Reagan were governors of states and qualified based on old school standards. Obama was probably less fit than them, but was a professor of Constitutional Law, and had community and government experience. George W Bush was governor of Texas, but not the most qualified, as the state doesn't tax the Governor with too much responsibility. His intelligence wasn't the highest, and his performance was as expected.

Trump... makes W look like his father.

Is Trump having an affair in the White House?

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/M1aw1yczeas[/YOUTUBE]

George HW Bush was by far 'fit'. Clinton and Reagan were governors of states and qualified based on old school standards. Obama was probably less fit than them, but was a professor of Constitutional Law, and had community and government experience. George W Bush was governor of Texas, but not the most qualified, as the state doesn't tax the Governor with too much responsibility. His intelligence wasn't the highest, and his performance was as expected.

All of these people also had one thing that Trump doesn't have. Even if you didn't like their policies, these were still generally good people who had the country's interests at heart.

Trump is not a good person. He is a bad person to the core.

I've read the book now, and my opinion Ivanka dropped the most. Not high to begin with, it's now as low as her bros, but not nearly as low as her pops.
Steve Bannon looks like a vain loser in the book, and subsequent events in 2018 have even moreso shown him up as such. As soon as he stopped being a useful tool for his extremely rich patrons, they dropped him and remain attached to Don "Make great tax Cuts for the rich again" rump.

All of these people also had one thing that Trump doesn't have. Even if you didn't like their policies, these were still generally good people who had the country's interests at heart.

True. But "good" people allowed him.

Good and ignorant people...

Some of these people were his friends:
2016-05-06t11-35-03-3z--1280x720.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Emphasis on 'were.'

Also, there are plenty of people in my life that I would say are my 'friends,' because we know some of the same people, run in the same crowds, have some of the same interests. But are they friends? Like: I would go out to lunch or dinner or even for a walk around the lake with them? Not really.

I've been 'friends' with a politician (before she was a politician and a bit after she became one) in the sense that we both volunteered at the same organization and had kids the same age who were friendly. We knew each other peripherally but never did anything socially together at all. Now that I think about it, that's kind of a shame but c'est la vie. We had very similar ideas about political issues locally and for the most part, on a larger stage as well. We happened to be a a local, small political event and she boldly introduced me around as her very good friend. That was politi-speak. She wasn't being deliberately dishonest and she wasn't confused at all about our level of friendship. She was just publicly, and politically declaring that we were friends in that we would be/were natural political allies. Not that we would go antiquing together or anything like that.

Mika Brzezinski kicked author Michael Wolff off Morning Joe this morning. Wolff tried to claim he never accused Nikki Haley of anything. Mika basically said we don't do BS on Morning Joe and you're done. Then went straight to a commercial.

Emphasis on 'were.'
That's not good enough. They were "friends" when it was well known that the guy was a stupid piece of shit.
Like that saying "Show Me Your Friends, I'll Tell You Who You Are".
And no, being a politician is no excuse for having such "friends"

Can you name a politician who isn't attracted to money the same way fish are attracted tp bait?

That's not good enough. They were "friends" when it was well known that the guy was a stupid piece of shit.
Like that saying "Show Me Your Friends, I'll Tell You Who You Are".
And no, being a politician is no excuse for having such "friends"

Can you name a politician who isn't attracted to money the same way fish are attracted tp bait?

Bernie Sanders? Elizabeth Warren probably.

Back
Top Bottom