• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

First they came for the anti-fascists

So this kind of feels like Jason's typical Super Libertarian Man coming to save the day to remind us that the left-wing is 'just as bad', when in fact, it isn't even close.

You assume in spite of the facts that Trump and the Republicans ha e anything to do with Libertarians and libertarians. You forget because you want to that I did call the Republicans that because of the invasion of Iraq.

You guys are aware that showing up to antifa protests with the explicit intent of getting into a fight and making antifa look like the bad guys has been literally documented as a strategy for these far-right groups, aren't you?

“We’re a drinking club that stands behind Donald Trump,” said Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio at the D.C. event. “That’s enough to earn hate of the left.”

But private chat logs leaked to HuffPost fly directly in the face of that sentiment, showing Proud Boys premeditating violence they hope to commit. They spent months before the April rally meticulously planning strategies for injuring protesters.

Members discuss what weapons they might use against the “commies” they’ll meet in the street, which police officers might be sympathetic to them, how they’ll raise funding to fly out their long-distance compatriots, and how they’ll “bait” protesters into throwing the first punch so that they can claim self-defense.

iamgroot.jpg

You guys are aware that showing up to antifa protests with the explicit intent of getting into a fight and making antifa look like the bad guys has been literally documented as a strategy for these far-right groups, aren't you?

I'm aware that people here routinely defend antifa violence.

If you're ready to stop doing that let us know.

Until then we'll consider you an advocate of violence, thanks.

If you weren't going to respond to something you quoted, why did you quote it?

That is exactly what a defender of violence would say.

Let me explain something:

The way I test for whether someone is a defender/advocate of violence is this: do they advocate and defend violence.

Whether there are some other people baiting you into violence has no bearing on the above.

So, if you don't want to be called an advocate and defender of violence, you don't bring up that there are people baiting you. You must actually stop advocating and defending violence.

The way I test for whether someone is a defender/advocate of violence is this: do they advocate and defend violence.

Whether there are some other people baiting you into violence has no bearing on the above.

So, if you don't want to be called an advocate and defender of violence, you don't bring up that there are people baiting you. You must actually stop advocating and defending violence.

Not only do I advocate and defend violence in defence of civilisation from fascism; I am also highly criticical and suspicious of those who claim that it is not a laudable and moral thing to do.

IMG_4461.JPG

First they came for the anti-fascists
Turrible turrible. Next thing you know they'll be coming after the fascists.

Noted violence advocater, William "Billy" Joel

Billy Joel said:
Wearing the Star of David wasn’t about politics. To me, what happened in Charlottesville was like war. When Trump said there were good people on both sides—there are no good Nazis. There are no good Ku Klux Klan people. Don’t equivocate that shit. I think about my old man: Most of his family was murdered in Auschwitz. He was able to get out but then got drafted and went in the U.S. Army. He risked his life in Europe to defeat Nazism. A lot of men from his generation did the same thing. So when those guys see punks walking around with swastikas, how do they keep from taking a baseball bat and bashing those crypto-Nazis over the head? Those creeps are going to march through the streets of my country? Uh-uh.

Violence in self-defense or in defense of the targets of fascism is justified in general. Specific cases of violence may not be; that's a truism that applies to any movement. Therefore antifa deserves everyone's support, period. If you disagree, thinking yourself a noble and exalted Nonagression Advocate, please step back into the pages of whatever Ayn Rand toilet paper roll or von Mises manual on the sale of children you came out of, because you are helping nobody and hurting everybody. Your brain is nearly fully colonized by the worms of moderate centrist liberalism and you look like this

srrximvfiw831.jpg

Not only do I advocate and defend violence in defence of civilisation from fascism; I am also highly criticical and suspicious of those who claim that it is not a laudable and moral thing to do.

View attachment 22840

Tip for the slow:

No one objects to fighting the actual Nazis.

What people do object to is punching the head of the leader of the college Republicans because you call him a Nazi.

Reactions: WAB

You know what? I DO advocate for violence against fascists. But then, sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

View attachment 22840

Tip for the slow:

What people do object to is punching the head of the leader of the college Republicans because you call him a Nazi.
You and those who continue to defend the fascists (whether they call themselves nazis or not) are the equivalent of all those isolationists in the 1930s and early 40s who claimed the US just shouldn't get involved.

If you go down that road long enough, you'll eventually be asked whether you'll stand by while they take your neighbors, or stand up to them. Which will you do?

Some of us aren't willing to wait for the inevitable.

View attachment 22840

Tip for the slow:

Modern-day Republicans... pick one and flip a coin, and you could probably win a considerable amount betting that he's sympathetic to fascism. "Republican" is no longer an innocuous label when the top Republican is a neo-fascist loved by actual Nazis, actual KKK members, and actual white nationalists. Those are all Republicans. To the extent that they provide material support for Trump's agenda to imprison and disenfranchise minorities and consolidate a rich, white ruling class to bolster private profits, Republicans are complicit in the rise of fascism. Children are dying in concentration camps and being gunned down by Trump-worshipping psychos. A college Republican who supports Trump has far more blood on his hands than the antifa protester who gives him a bloody nose.

dismal said:
Tip for the slow:

It's like the government has labeled Spiderman a terrorist but none of the bad guys; and Spiderman isn't killing people either.

View attachment 22840

Tip for the slow:

Modern-day Republicans... pick one and flip a coin, and you could probably win a considerable amount betting that he's sympathetic to fascism. "Republican" is no longer an innocuous label when the top Republican is a neo-fascist loved by actual Nazis, actual KKK members, and actual white nationalists. Those are all Republicans. To the extent that they provide material support for Trump's agenda to imprison and disenfranchise minorities and consolidate a rich, white ruling class to bolster private profits, Republicans are complicit in the rise of fascism. Children are dying in concentration camps and being gunned down by Trump-worshipping psychos. A college Republican who supports Trump has far more blood on his hands than the antifa protester who gives him a bloody nose.

Of course! If someone disagrees with you they're a Nazi. That was my point.

No, more, when someone disagrees that concentration camps are bad, minority groups have every right to be treated with dignity and respect as befits their behavior, and that fascism/leader worship is a bad idea, THAT makes them a Nazi. Because failure to accept those things is what Nazis do.

There is a certain, very specific set of disagreements that a person could have with me that would mean they were a Nazi, another certain, specific set of disagreements they could have with me that would make them a mysogynist, and another set of disagreements that would define them as transphobic shitlord.

Imagine that, disagreeing with the viewpoints that make someone not-a-nazi makes someone... A Nazi.

No, more, when someone disagrees that concentration camps are bad, minority groups have every right to be treated with dignity and respect as befits their behavior, and that fascism/leader worship is a bad idea, THAT makes them a Nazi. Because failure to accept those things is what Nazis do.

There is a certain, very specific set of disagreements that a person could have with me that would mean they were a Nazi, another certain, specific set of disagreements they could have with me that would make them a mysogynist, and another set of disagreements that would define them as transphobic shitlord.

Imagine that, disagreeing with the viewpoints that make someone not-a-nazi makes someone... A Nazi.

So, for example, Obama is a Nazi for setting up these camps?

Back
Top Bottom