• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
... and that's why you have a red jewel :huggs::huggs::huggs::huggs::huggs::huggs:

Just the one?

:innocent1:

I knew that would get your attention. Message for bilby I plan to be at about 3 million points on GodlessOne by May first 2016 even if I don't get a 36 CPU system with 32 gig RAM. If I do. Katie bar the door.

Where will you be?

Heading for the computer shop any time soon? :devil-smiley-029:

I still don't like this thread at the top of the science group since it features competition over science IMHO.

Just the one?

:innocent1:

I knew that would get your attention. Message for bilby I plan to be at about 3 million points on GodlessOne by May first 2016 even if I don't get a 36 CPU system with 32 gig RAM. If I do. Katie bar the door.

Where will you be?

I still don't like this thread at the top of the science group since it features competition over science IMHO.

May 2016? I will still be ahead of you, even if I keep folding at my current rate. ;)

Where will you be?

May 2016? I will still be ahead of you, even if I keep folding at my current rate. ;)

Looks like going to get that 38 CPU 32 gig machine for Christmas then. Happy hollies.

And a big hearty welcome to fromderinside! Currently moving quickly up the charts, from page 5 already up to page 3. It'll take a bit longer to get onto page 2, and longer still to get to page 1, unless of course the pace is increased. Never mind that, though. It's the science, and not the rankings, which count. I do love looking at the charts and graphs and really would love to really increase the team's output, but I'm glad for any new contributions we get! I am a little competitive sometimes, especially like now when we're on the heels of Fold4Jesus.com. They blew by us a while ago and then screeched to a halt, so now we're gaining and at current rate, won't catch them til late winter/early spring perhaps. I'd love to shorten that time frame and move our team back up the charts a bit.

Since the above post, FDI has kept speeding along, now in the 6-digit club, and climbing!

OK, we've been talking about it like a competition, but the project itself IS science, so I would argue it should stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the link to the team stats again. I like to try to have this on every page of the thread here for new folks to check out, or for the rest of us to look at.

OK, we've been talking about it like a competition, but the project itself IS science, so I would argue it should stay.
Well, even if WE are competitive, science benefits. It's not like our competitive nature costs the science in any way.

And thinking about it, the whole idea of the project is cooperative, right? Someone has a problem, I let them have computer power I wasn't using, without expecting any sort of reward or compensation, or even get my name on the paper they eventually publish...

I could do better if all machines got assignments. My poorest, slowest, oldest laptop faithfully chugs on and is constantly receiving new tasks. But my two best ones, fairly fast and with several GB to spare, haven't had work to do for ages. workhorse #1: Nothing since Sep 14. Today:

[05:37:53] - Attempt #565 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

Last time I cried in a post over a similar period of silence on two other computers, the situation was resolved within a few days. Fingers crossed.

Didn't happen. Checked out another, seldom used laptop: since 1 August, 2237 attempts and no job. So, out of 8 running computers, 5 are folding. Any ideas?

unable to change folding username
new account...
Your username is: Schrodinger\'s_Outlaw
**Note that your username was modified because it contained troublesome characters.

Oh yeah, forgot to welcome FDI to the top 50 members of our team! So, welcome! I'm sure you'll be in the top 20 in no time.

My son recently got a PS4, so I'll have to see if I can download the client there and try to get it running. That should help my stats a bit, even if he's not on it very much.

Oh yeah, forgot to welcome FDI to the top 50 members of our team! So, welcome! I'm sure you'll be in the top 20 in no time.

thank eye, thank eye varamuch. Now where did I put my speech? Never mind.

er .. thank ewe, thank ewe, varamuch Shake.

Way to go Schrodinger\s_Outlaw! I see you're at 399 this morning. Shake will be along soon.

the backslash escape character is because of the apostrophe in Schorodinger's Outlaw.....
I'll have to check out the stats again....

the backslash escape character is because of the apostrophe in Schorodinger's Outlaw.....
I'll have to check out the stats again....

According to the team members stats list, you're ranked #398 on the team right now, with 207 total points. The 30 is a daily average. Another work unit (WU) like your first one and you'll jump all the way up to 372. In other news, we now have 64 folks in the 6-digit club, and FDI is on pace to be the 21st to 7-digits!

pant, pant, pant. Got to ...get ... more.... CPUs ......... and memory.

The machines are in our 'media' room. When the Studio goes to 8 CPUs fan noise can be irritating. Working around that though. Saw another Studio 435 MT advertised on Amazon for $76.00 Thinking about getting it, adding windows 7 and leaving it in the pantry. Along with a new, more powerful, router it could work out well. I'm thinking $76.00 is a pretty small price to pay for contributing to science and our peace and quite while watching On Demand. You'll know when ....

I'm glad I looked at this thread when Shake was encouraging Keith@Co. Its more fun than fretting over stocks, a lot more fun than card games, a whole lot more fun than rewriting my dissertation, and infinitely more fun than reading anything on Facebook. Its right up there with searching Scholar.

Yeah. I know. Get a life.

Schrodinger\s_Outlaw I'd love to confirm Shake's statement to you but its twenty minutes until the stock market closes so my internet has slowed to a crawl.

Oh, there it goes. Eyup. I guess I missed when I saw you at 398, probably your ranking, when I last posted to you. Sorry. That one goes in there with about 3700 points on a non-existent team.

Last edited:
interestingly enough I just loaded the software on an antique, my second folding capable machine.
took me a few tries to figure out the spelling of my username..
Schrodinger\\'s Outlaw has 2 escape characters to accommodate both the apostrophe and the space
not quite the behavior I am used to given my experience with bash shell scripting.
the antique should produce some results but unsure how the points thing will go.
might purchase a video card for it and inexpensive power supply to up it's production...maybe $50 worth of hardware.

On these projects, are there sometimes problematic work units?

The last two units my machine's tried to crack have slowed to a crawl. I don't thing 'time remaining' is supposed to go up, is it? 1 hour left to go, then 11, then 19....
Plus, it slows down every other program I try to run on the machine.

I was hoping it was just a bad unit, but two in a row makes me a teensy bit anxious about my settings.

Back
Top Bottom