• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pinned Folding team - The Godless Ones

Denotes a thread or post that is permanently displayed at the top of the subforum.
I got the smaller one up
Not sure why the points haven't posted

I got the smaller one up
Not sure why the points haven't posted

I've noticed there's a delay posting sometimes where it misses the update window, but based on your timestamp that shouldn't be the case. I'd double check the settings in your client, as the Stanford page shows the same points as ExtremeOverclocking.

Interesting - I wonder if it has to do with the team page caching that was rolled out upstream. I've never looked too closely at how the sites are working together.

Hello strangers.

Just got a new laptop (i7-6920HQ, Nvidia Quadro M2000M, 64GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD)

Let see what this battleship can crank out, shall we?

Laptop? Pretty good
FAH client not using my xeons :(

Yup, it's a Dell Precision 7510.
I'm not going to run it too long, probably a day or two to see what it can do.

It's showing estimated PPD of 75,000 right now, which is pretty impressive compared to the desktop I had when I started this thread over two years ago.

Last edited:
Well, I've decided to go with the Chrome app instead of the desktop program.
It loads smaller WUs for shorter run times.
The desktop program loaded a monster 7 day long WU on my GPU, I doubt I'll be running it enough to finish before the deadline.

Take 2 underway

Just in case anyone is wondering we're using two nvidia 970s in Redondo and one 1080 nvidia in speederfundus along with about 20 gig laptop power between us. Another 50 gig computer power is being held back because it tends to interfere with the GPUs. i5 and i7 intel CPUs deliver about one thousand points per day per gig of memory. About 1.2 meg points a day are coming from our non-optimized nvdia GPUs. We expect another 1080 in Redondo in the future. Thank you elchangoferoz.

Our goal is, by the Holidays, two meg points per day.

Father and Son salute you Godless Ones.

FAHCore issue prevented me from folding for a bit, but I'm back online now

No joy - going dormant until FAHcore or my display drivers are updated.

My son recommended downloading folding drivers for your GPUs every time Windows 10 updates. You could try reloading Nvidia drivers but these aren't updated at the same time windows is updated.

If I remember my last download it was the same at folding and Nvidia. See https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads and
  1. Double click cuda_8.0.44_win10.exe

Thanks for the tip, but I already did a clean reinstall of FAH, display driver, and Cuda without luck. No issues otherwise, so it's unlikely a hardware issue. They update drivers fairly regularly so I'll just wait it out.

Woo woo over 400 M

I noticed we just got there! Way to go, team!

My son just added his 1080 to the game. So some days he'll contribute up to 1.3 meg a day making The Godless Ones sub team fromderinside a 2 meg a day folding machine.

Gad I love having a whiz 50 year old son kid. Happy Thanksgiving. Commit annual thanks. Eat early, hearty, and healthy. Seasoned Greetings.

looking for support to figure out why my xeons aren't folding....

Back
Top Bottom