• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foodie Thread

e44c8af88028324f48e0ac842c17b6eb.jpg

HMMM.. Dinner tonight is Chorizo Pasta. Otherwise known as Amacriana Pasta.

One Chorizo sausage, chopped into 1cm cubes. 3 mushrooms, also chopped into 1cm cubes. 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, i teaspoon of crushed chilli, one tin of chopped tomatoes, 1/2 glass of red wine.

Drizzle chilli infused olive oil and 1 tablespoon of light olive oil into the bottom of a saucepan. Fry the chorizo sausage and mushroom together, add the tomato paste, crushed chilli and red wine and stir. Add tin of undrained tomatoes.

Allow to bubble on stove for as long as you like - the longer the better.

Serve with fettuccine or other broad pasta. Top with some grated or shaved parmesan cheese and enjoy.

This will be enough or both of us tonight and probably an extra lunch for Bilby tomorrow. :D

Ohhh YUMMY!

You must pm me the venue so we can go there whilst on our honeymoon next year. We plan on spending some time in Yorkshire..

I would if I could but it's my front room. ;)

Sounds great. Gmbteach and I will be there in September. I'll bring some beer if you're organising the food.

;)

Daughter's b-day again. Made Mac and Cheese 3.0 and Mock Chicken Salad.

Mac and Cheese 3.0

The sauce is 1/4 cup flour, 3 tbsp butter melted together in a saucepan. Then add 2 cups of milk, whisking thoroughly to combine. Heat the milk mixture slowly. Once warm enough to melt cheese, add about 1/2 pound gouda cheese (shredded), 1/3 pound of havarti cheese (shredded), and 1/2 cup shredded parmesan. I think the weights are about right. Season with black pepper. Pour over pasta once you finish cooking the pasta. NO BAKING!!! Baked Mac and Cheese is ridiculously stupid! You wouldn't boil ice cream, would you?!

This combines all the right cheeses for a perfect mac and cheese that adults and children can enjoy.

Mock Chicken Salad

Not my recipe. But cook about 1 pound of seitan (I cooked the citrus seitan I invented), and then mix with about half and onion minced, 2 peeled oranges cut up, 1/2 to 3/4 cup of cran-raisins, 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts, about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip (do that to taste and preference). This dish is just exploding in flavors!

Back
Top Bottom