• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foodie Thread

I never liked cooked eggs, but boy does that cheese look tasty!

Is that a british burrito?

I suspect I was making the best of a bad job ;)

It could be one of two ways with me. The omelette went wrong presentation wise so I changed it in to something that looked good. Or I was inspired to try something . Now whether or not I was influenced by the burrito is lost in the mists of memory. :)

And yes I suspect the cheese was tasty :)

Anybody sitting on killer recipes for spareribs? I've got a sous vide. So I've been trying to play around with temperatures, time and marinades. But I think it's hard to get the right chewiness and tenderness.

Any tips from the experts?

Anybody sitting on killer recipes for spareribs? I've got a sous vide. So I've been trying to play around with temperatures, time and marinades. But I think it's hard to get the right chewiness and tenderness.

Around here, we simply grill them over mesquite charcoal on the outdoor grill. No marinade, no sort of bar-b-que sauce. Just a little salt.

Serve with a baked potato and hot French garlic bread. Oh yes and beer, don't forget the beer.

Sous vide? Sacrilege! Grill or BBQ (smoke).

Crystalized ginger tastes good with liquor. I know, that's a drink not food, but I don't follow directions well.

Crystalized ginger tastes good with liquor. I know, that's a drink not food, but I don't follow directions well.

Since I am diabetic, I can't pig out on crystallized ginger anymore. Alas.

Plain old ginger goes good with hot tea, toss a few slices in boiling water you will use to brew your tea. I cannot find sugar free ginger beer here in Houston. Ginger beer is good for mixing drinks. I will have to experiment with grating ginger root and adding it to ginger ale.

Maybe experiment with grated ginger on baked chicken. I am getting tired of bar-b-que sauce.

Chicken livers with bacon.

Chicken livers
Bacon

Wrap each chicken liver in a strip of bacon. Pin in place with a tooth pick.
Bake at 350 degrees on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil until Bacon is done and crispy. Excellent with mashed potatoes and French bread.

Brazilian couscous
HPIM1320.JPG

Back
Top Bottom