• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foodie Thread

Sushi Rolls made to look like Koi

Koi-Sushi4.jpg

Koi-Sushi3.jpg

aepozqq_700b.jpg

Broski said to eat the bread before it goes bad, so I put all the slices into a container with some rice to dry it out further overnight for bread and butter pudding, which I made earlier today. Just the basic recipe. It turned out great but I kicked myself after for not using up the blueberries in this pudding. It also turned out a bit less sweet than I would like so I drizzled some honey over it and it is divine. So good.

Broski said to eat the bread before it goes bad, so I put all the slices into a container with some rice to dry it out further overnight for bread and butter pudding, which I made earlier today. Just the basic recipe. It turned out great but I kicked myself after for not using up the blueberries in this pudding. It also turned out a bit less sweet than I would like so I drizzled some honey over it and it is divine. So good.

Umm, you could have turned it into bread crumbs and frozen them. :)

Umm, you could have turned it into bread crumbs and frozen them. :)

I never thought of that. Does it dry them out faster? Rice does a good job of pulling moisture out of just about anything.

Posting this mostly to remind myself to try it later: wasabi guacamole.

also try the aztec avocado - half an avocado covered with sriracha

on another note, PICKLE JUICE

the other day i finished a jar of kosher dills and was looking at the juice. on a whim i added some sucralose (i'm diabetic) poured it over ice and drank it. DAMN. very, very good. first question is why can't i just buy bottled carbonated pickle juice? failing that, what would it take to make pickle juice without wasting pickles? could you just juice a cucumber, add vinegar and spices?

the other day i finished a jar of kosher dills and was looking at the juice. on a whim i added some sucralose (i'm diabetic) poured it over ice and drank it. DAMN. very, very good. first question is why can't i just buy bottled carbonated pickle juice? failing that, what would it take to make pickle juice without wasting pickles? could you just juice a cucumber, add vinegar and spices?

Yoou can buy all kinds of pickle juice drinks, although I have no idea if any of them are carbonated. There are also pickle juice popsicles.

The ultimate in decadent luxurious dining
caviar served on a cube of gelatin made out of Champagne

f2c55d7c228fca37fa8c2ee9d05f5a2c.jpg

Yeah, just make your own pickles. You get to experiment with spices and make it exactly as you want it to taste. I like pickling watermelon rind using bits of several recipes, one of which is Alton Brown's and I don't remember the others off hand. Pickling is massively forgiving if you don't use exact amounts, and it's cheap and easy to experiment with as you please.

Srirachi barbecue sauce on meatballs. That is all.

Sriracha on meatballs does sound tasty.

For some reason, I am now filled with an urge to experiment with Sriracha-topped meatloaf. I've always referred to Sriracha as the ketchup of the gods. Why didn't I've try that sooner?

Sriracha on a fried egg is so amazingly good. It's one of these magical combinations. Like mashed potatoes and truffle oil. So simple, and mind blowing each time

Back
Top Bottom