• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Foodie Thread

I've made many a souffle in my time and never had it fall quite like this! :ROFLMAO: I must have plopped a pot down on the stove top or something at just the right moment while they were in the oven. Plus I used a syrup sweetener instead of the granular as called for, so that might have factored in.

Anyway, it was still delicious. Peanut Butter Doughnut Soufflé!

peanut_butter_donut_souffle.png

Speaking of egg yolks, BBC website has this awesome looking Bundt cake complete with recipe at the bottom. I loved Bundt cake when I was a kid. Much more than regular cake. There was something about the orderliness of the Bundt ring that attracted me. I found it far superior to the chaos of the regular cake. You didn't know what the hell was going to happen when you sunk a knife into a regular cake. They were unstable. But a Bundt, a Bundt always held firm and you could slice as thin as you wanted. No problem. I liked that. It was dependable.
You don't have to go 96 yolks. I'd never make it that far.

In today’s Cleveland Clinic Wellness Letter:
Pumpkin can boost your immune system. It contains vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, and iron, which are immune-strengthening antioxidants.
Pumpkin is great for your eyes. [Rick] in vitamin A, it can help support your vision! One cup of pumpkin can provide 200% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin A!
Pumpkin can leave you feeling full for longer. Pumpkins are high in fiber and low in calories, helping you curb your appetite.
Pumpkin can help lower your cancer risk. They contain cancer-fighting carotenoids which can combat the effects of free radicals in your body, which can protect against certain types of cancer.
Pumpkin is heart-healthy! Pumpkin is high in potassium, which is important for heart healthy. The vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants found in pumpkin also help to protect our heart.
I like pumpkin pie. I know of no other method for consuming pumpkin.

Pumpkin can boost your immune system. It contains vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, and iron, which are immune-strengthening antioxidants.
Pumpkin is great for your eyes. [Rick] in vitamin A, it can help support your vision! One cup of pumpkin can provide 200% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin A!
Pumpkin can leave you feeling full for longer. Pumpkins are high in fiber and low in calories, helping you curb your appetite.
Pumpkin can help lower your cancer risk. They contain cancer-fighting carotenoids which can combat the effects of free radicals in your body, which can protect against certain types of cancer.
Pumpkin is heart-healthy! Pumpkin is high in potassium, which is important for heart healthy. The vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants found in pumpkin also help to protect our heart.
Pumpkin bread.

Pumpkin bread.
Pumpkin soup….yummy if you add a bit of turmeric and other spices to it. Served with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yoghurt, and a sprinkling of fresh chives and loads of cracked pepper.

The wife and I have been gorging on pumpkin cheesecake recently. Also pumpkin English Muffins (what do the English call those?).

The wife and I have been gorging on pumpkin cheesecake recently. Also pumpkin English Muffins (what do the English call those?).
They don't. I lived in England for over twenty five years, until the mid 1990s, and the very first time I saw an "English Muffin" was when I moved to Australia (my first question was "WTF are these?" and my second was "why do they call them 'English'??").

With both Bilby and I working full time these next few weeks, meal planning is interesting. Today I am making a who mess of mashed potatoes, with crispy bacon bits in it because - why not?, and am cooking sausages. We will have some tonight and the rest will go into oven dishes so that all we need to do when we get home is out them in the oven for 30 minutes to warm through. Slightly healthier than, and a change from, pizza or fish and chips

The left over potato and sausage wasn't too bad... I will need to cook more snags though.... but the foundation is there for meal prep. we have quite a few small pyrex dishes with lids, so I can prep up some single serve dinners and go from there for next week. It's just a manner of getting off my butt on the weekend to bulk cook!

Back
Top Bottom