• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Four precincts in Outagamie County involved in possible election fraud

RavenSky

The Doctor's Wife
Basic Beliefs
atheist
A county in Wisconsin named Outagamie County had four precincts in the areas of Cicero, Grand Chute, Bear Creek, and Hortonville which all showed that they had fewer people overall than had voted in the presidential election. This instance, naturally, caused the Internet to fly in a fury claiming, rightly, that voter fraud was taking place. The precincts quickly adjusted their voting totals, which removed over a thousand votes from Donald Trump’s side.
http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/11/...s-just-admitted-padded-trumps-win-fake-votes/

Other sources dismiss this as *just* the difference between the "unofficial" early count and the later official count. Then why didn't the count for Clinton change?

I'm glad our democracy is suddenly strong enough that people don't have to accept the results of an election.

On the other hand, it wasn't so long ago that voter fraud was an imaginary problem.

I'm glad our democracy is suddenly strong enough that people don't have to accept the results of an election.

On the other hand, it wasn't so long ago that voter fraud was an imaginary problem.

It's imaginary until it happens. It's a shameless accusation unless there is evidence or improbabilities to look into.

It actually happened. I provided you with two sources, not just one. The question is whether you believe the excuse given for the discrepancy in four different precincts...

and whether you think it was only those four precincts.

It actually happened. I provided you with two sources, not just one. The question is whether you believe the excuse given for the discrepancy in four different precincts...

I would find it very unusual for there not to be a discrepancy between the first preliminary count and the final official count. Hell, there are even discrepancies between official counts, that's the reason for recounts if the count is close enough. The question is did Lou Colagiovanni cherry pick these four precincts because they were the ones out of several hundred precincts that had the difference in favor of Trump and then there his claim that it is some grand conspiracy.

I would find it very unusual for there not to be a discrepancy between the first preliminary count and the final official count. Hell, there are even discrepancies between official counts, that's the reason for recounts if the count is close enough. The question is did Lou Colagiovanni cherry pick these four precincts because they were the ones out of several hundred precincts that had the difference in favor of Trump and then there his claim that it is some grand conspiracy.

Clearly you did not read either of the articles I provide you with :shrug:

Clearly you did not read either of the articles I provide you with :shrug:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38118852

Perhaps there's a little bit of excitement being generated.

About twenty years ago a friend of mine helped send two people to jail for election fraud. A small town was going to have a vote to allow the sale of beer and such inside the city limits. Two guys who were election judges faked ballots and helped the yes side win. Small town, everyone knew everyone else and it wasn't too hard to tabulate most people who claimed they voted voted no. The thing that got my friend the detective's attention was that two converts to the Jehovah Witness church had their names on the voting roll because they did not bother to ask to be removed but since converting did not vote. It turns out they were marked as having voted but when asked they said they were out of town the day before, the day of, and the two days after the election and could prove it. Ding. It led to other things and two guys went to jail for it.

About twenty years ago a friend of mine helped send two people to jail for election fraud. A small town was going to have a vote to allow the sale of beer and such inside the city limits. Two guys who were election judges faked ballots and helped the yes side win. Small town, everyone knew everyone else and it wasn't too hard to tabulate most people who claimed they voted voted no. The thing that got my friend the detective's attention was that two converts to the Jehovah Witness church had their names on the voting roll because they did not bother to ask to be removed but since converting did not vote. It turns out they were marked as having voted but when asked they said they were out of town the day before, the day of, and the two days after the election and could prove it. Ding. It led to other things and two guys went to jail for it.

Yeah, meaningful election fraud is almost always an inside job.

Without making any assumptions there should be a proper check into the discrepancies. If someone was deliberately fiddling the results, it would seem too obvious if there are more votes than voters. Maybe this was fraud or maybe it was not. Could this be a stupid error or fraud? See the quote below.

One type of fraud that is known to occur (possibly in small amounts) tends to be where ‘dead people’ vote. Once someone is deceased, it takes a long time to remove someone off the register and some have appeared as voters. However this would not show as an irregularity on the overall figures since these ‘deceased persons are on the register so cannot show as a surplus.

http://wbay.com/2016/11/22/discrepancies-in-unofficial-outagamie-county-election-results-explained/

QUOTE: The official process of tallying the votes was completed and rechecked. These vote numbers were recorded and delivered to the Outagamie County Clerk’s office the morning of November 9th. The official tally reflects the accurate votes in the Village.”

According to the Outagamie County Clerk, unlike other counties that have newer voting machines which allow election results to be reported electronically, Outagamie County’s election results from each polling location still need to be manually tabulated and then phoned in by election inspectors, sometimes leading to mistakes.
Clerk Lori O’Bright says, “After the polls are closed, they’re closing out things, they want to wrap it up and sometimes human error in reporting those numbers just occurs.”

According to O’Bright, “The canvass is conducted by county clerks throughout the state. We are on the partisan ticket so our canvass also has to have a member of the opposite party on the canvass, along with another member. So, it is reviewed as fairly as possible.”

Once the review is complete, the official results are posted. There was a delay in the posting of the officials results in Outagamie County this year, because the County Clerk she had a death in her family. The official results, as of today, have been posted.

Eh? In sweden we count every vote manually. Errors are controlled for and are extremely rare. Why would anyone be so sloppy so "errors will sometimes occur"? That is total bullshit, if you do it right there wont be any errors.

Eh? In sweden we count every vote manually. Errors are controlled for and are extremely rare. Why would anyone be so sloppy so "errors will sometimes occur"? That is total bullshit, if you do it right there wont be any errors.

I guess they should check and find out how this went wrong.

Sweden's population is what? About 10 M? US population is about 323 M. That alone accounts for the need for different strategies. For starters. Elections are run by each of the 50 states, with different procedures and regulations, all operating under an umbrella of federal rules and regulations.

Just an aside but still related story....

Some old timers back in the 80's were telling jokes about how Lyndon Johnson stole a lot of votes to win his senate seat. One of the old gentleman told a story about his father and grandfather back in the 1800's going to vote. He said that when the county was first formed (Navarro County) we didn't have any public buildings like courthouses or schools for many years after the county was formed and poulation built up enough to build such with tax dollars. Lots of times a well off man, who happened to be a local area authority would offer his home to be the place to vote for five or ten miles around. People would come to his house on election day and he would be on his front porch. He'd ask who they were voting for and if it was who he wanted he'd let them in and they would vote. If they were voting for people he didn't like he would say they were strangers or just did not know them well enough to feel comfortable letting them in. And they would not vote. I do not know how true the story is but it is kinda a funny but yet sad story at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised someone pulled something like that. As batshit nuts people were and still are about property rights I could see the right to vote being trumped by the right to let or not let someone into your home.

Sweden's population is what? About 10 M? US population is about 323 M. That alone accounts for the need for different strategies. For starters. Elections are run by each of the 50 states, with different procedures and regulations, all operating under an umbrella of federal rules and regulations.

So the size of each state is about 10M. Thus totally applicable.

Besides: Why would size matter? The work/cost per capita would be the same.

There seems to be another type of election fraud in the works and that is keeping people who are legitimate voters from voting or getting their vote thrown out. Greg Palast talks about this on his website and has for many years.

So the size of each state is about 10M. Thus totally applicable.

Besides: Why would size matter? The work/cost per capita would be the same.
Arithmetic and geographt arent your long suits, I'm guessing. State population size varies tremendously, as does the distribution of population within states.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_population

Add in the face that states determine voting laws, including regulations about how ballots are cast, collected, and counted and it's really not at all the same thing as counting votes in one state and then repeating the process 32 times.

Back
Top Bottom