• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
It is all about revenge.
Why do you think that?
I think it's about security for Israelis.

Doubtless there's an element of revenge. People lost loved ones to a brutal attack and subsequent hostage taking and killings.

But I don't think it's all about revenge.
Tom
If you don't think about revenge, then why gloat about the misery in Gaza?
I don't.
I hate it.
Tom
The content of your posts are radically inconsistent with your claim.

Where?
Maybe your misrepresentation of my posts is, but if so it's because you misrepresent them.
Tom
Really? What exactly was the your point about the Palestinian standard of living then, because it nothing to do with the content of my post.

It is all about revenge.
Why do you think that?

Doubtless there's an element of revenge. People lost loved ones to a brutal attack and subsequent hostage taking and killings.

Tom
I don't.
I hate it.
Tom

Where?
Maybe your misrepresentation of my posts is, but if so it's because you misrepresent them.
Tom
Really? What exactly was the your point about the Palestinian standard of living then, because it nothing to do with the content of my post.

Here's what you posted:
The longer this war continues, the Israeli material standard of living will diminish. because this war has reduced the available workforce and absorbed other resources that would have been channeled to civilian uses.

Which might be tolerable to the Israeli civilians if more hostages are returned alive on a regular basis. If they start coming home in boxes, there will be major demonstrations and problems for the current government.

In case you prefer to forget where this conversation started.
Tom

It is all about revenge.
Why do you think that?

Tom
I don't.
I hate it.
Tom

Where?
Tom

Here's what you posted:
The longer this war continues, the Israeli material standard of living will diminish. because this war has reduced the available workforce and absorbed other resources that would have been channeled to civilian uses.

Which might be tolerable to the Israeli civilians if more hostages are returned alive on a regular basis. If they start coming home in boxes, there will be major demonstrations and problems for the current government.

In case you prefer to forget where this conversation started.
Tom
And you think commenting on the falling standard of living in Gaza because……?

you think commenting on the falling standard of living in Gaza because……?

You referred to Israeli
It is all about revenge.

Why ignore the people who actually caused the disaster, Gazans and the Islamic authorities?

Tom
I referred to your post. But even under your misrepresentation of my post, who allegedly caused the disaster has nothing to with effects of continuing the war on the standard of living of the Israelis.

Stop the evasion. Who allegedly caused the disaster has nothing to with effects of continuing the war on the standard of living of the Israelis.

Yes it does.
If Israelis prefer more security over a smidgen of economic growth, then Netanyahu is doing what benefits Israelis. Their standard of living is improving.

What did you mean by "It is all about revenge.". Please don't evade.
Tom

Stop the evasion. Who allegedly caused the disaster has nothing to with effects of continuing the war on the standard of living of the Israelis.

Yes it does.
If Israelis prefer more security over a smidgen of economic growth, then Netanyahu is doing what benefits Israelis. Their standard of living is improving.
I specifically said “ material standard of living” , so no it doesn’t

You’ve made 3 responses but have yet to explain how your crack about the Palestinian standard of living is was relevant.
TomC said:
What did you mean by "It is all about revenge.". Please don't evade.
Tom
Gloating about the massive diminution of Gazan standard is all about revenge.

Gloating about the massive diminution of Gazan standard is all about revenge.
So, your answer is to keep evading.
Got it.
Tom
That is what I meant, it is a direct answer to your question that any honest literate reader would realize.

On the otherhand, it’s now 4 successive posts of yours without an explanation how bringing up Gazan standard of living was a relevant response instead of gloating about their misery.

On the otherhand, it’s now 4 successive posts of yours without an explanation how bringing up Gazan standard of living was a relevant response instead of gloating about their misery.

I didn't gloat about anybody's misery. That's you evading what you said about revenge.
I will point out that Gazans, as a group, are victims of violent Islamicist authoritarianism. More even than Israelis.
Blaming Israelis for defending themselves doesn't work for me.
Tom

I didn't gloat about anybody's misery. That's you evading what you said about revenge.
I will point out that Gazans, as a group, are victims of violent Islamicist authoritarianism. More even than Israelis.
Blaming Israelis for defending themselves doesn't work for me.
Tom
Totally non- responsive. I didn’t address anyone defending themselves in my post. After 5 consecutive non- responses, it appears it is you who are doing the evading.

I answered your question. The fact you dispute my conclusion of your gloating does not make answer an evasion.

I'm confident that Palestinians standard of living is dropping faster than Israelis.
Where are the demonstrations and demands for peace?
Tom

I'm confident that Palestinians standard of living is dropping faster than Israelis.
Tom
It is all about revenge.

It is all about revenge.
Why do you think that?

Tom
These are 4 consecutive posts.

I don't think it's me being evasive.
Tom

Tom

Tom
It is all about revenge.

It is all about revenge.
Why do you think that?

Tom
These are 4 consecutive posts.

I don't think it's me being evasive.
Tom
You have yet to explain how your confidence that the Palestinians standard of living was relevant to my post. Which makes your post yet another exampke of a non-response.

You have yet to explain how your confidence that the Palestinians standard of living was relevant to my post. Which makes your post yet another exampke of a non-response.
You have yet to explain why you think a tiny drop in Israeli standards of living will result in demonstrations. If it results in better security it is more likely to result in Likud getting more support.

You dodged that and changed the subject to revenge, then gloating.
Nah, you are still evading.
Tom

You have yet to explain why you think a tiny drop in Israeli standards of living will result in demonstrations.
I didn’t say a tiny drop in the material standard of living. Security has already improved and there demonstrations.

I’ve answered every one of your questions. Still waiting for your explanation. A less patient poster might conclude you have none snd simply making blatantly false claims to obscure that reality. I continue to expect a rational explanation even though it appears there is little to no historical evidence to support it.

What blatantly false claims?
Evasion on my part.
TomC said:
You claimed it was all about revenge. That I was gloating. You're the one who keeps making false claims.
I'm pretty sure I know why.
Tom
I have no doubt you are sure. Your certainty is misplaced.

Still waiting for explanation. Now I know how the on stage characters in Waiting for Godot feel.[

You have never explained why you think Israelis will trade economic considerations for security.
I don’t need to explain your straw man.

TomC said:
An explanation for what? Why I think Hamas' behavior has hurt Gazans far more than Israelis?
Tom
No. An explanation of why your confidence in the reduction in the standard if living in Gaza was relevant yo my observation about the effect of ongoing war on Israeli material living standards.

EDIT: Take this with a grain of salt. I'm terrible at timelines.

You're right; You are terrible with timelines. The Nazis were very definitely a twentieth century phenomenon.
As a formal political party, sure; but as an ideological movement of the sort of people who in modern rhetoric would certainly be labeled nazis, not so much. Nietzsche was railing against German nationalism and antisemitism back in the 1870s.

Back
Top Bottom