• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
I don't think there's any chance a peacenik accomodationist will be elected.

There is a possibility a pragmatist like Yitzhak Rabin would replace Netanyahu.
Yeah, and there's a possibility that the U.S. electorate will replace the current president with a centrist, 40ish, experienced, President.

Or, we could talk about the reality.
Tom

I don't think there's any chance a peacenik accomodationist will be elected.

There is a possibility a pragmatist like Yitzhak Rabin would replace Netanyahu.
Yeah, and there's a possibility that the U.S. electorate will replace the current president with a centrist, 40ish, experienced, President.

Or, we could talk about the reality.
Tom
The reality is we can expect more of the same: a terrorist or the protege of a terrorist, just like nearly all of the 14 people who have served as Prime Minister of Israel.

But we can hope for better.

So the reality is we can expect more of the same.

As long as the dominant narrative remains "Jews are the problem. Why can't they just get along with the Palestinians?"
Yes.

I don't even think that things will remain the same.
Things will keep getting worse.
Tom

So the reality is we can expect more of the same.

As long as the dominant narrative remains "Jews are the problem. Why can't they just get along with the Palestinians?"
Yes.

I don't even think that things will remain the same.
Things will keep getting worse.
Tom
That might be your narrative, but it isn't mine.

My narrative is "Greedy violent assholes are the problem. The only way problems like this one are ever resolved is through justice, fairness, and upholding human rights equally for all. The biggest obstacle to peace is the willingness of greedy violent assholes to attack anyone who fights against their greedy violent asshole ways and threatens to undo their greedy violent asshole systems of power and influence."

This is not a problem limited to any particular religious, racial, or ethnic group. In fact, it's pretty fucking racist to think the only ones who have this problem are the Semitic people and their European-Semitic cousins.

That doesn't explain why you think there are Anti-Semites on the thread.

Let me explain this again.

Expecting Israelis to be less militaristic because maybe Palestinians will be less violent, eventually, is antisemitic. That isn't going to happen. It's going to get worse for everyone, especially the people who live there. Who are mostly Semitic people.

That's what I mean by antisemitism, in this context.
Tom

I'm not certain where you're getting the impression that anyone is expecting Israel to be less militaristic. From my perspective, it's inevitable that there would be violence. Israel's establishment in Palestine was predicated on colonial politics. A claim tracing back to their ancient presence in the region that was used as a tool by the British to gain access to the region. They used the Jews as meat shields for their own gain. It doesn't help that this action was taken by an Empire, which itself was in a position of occupation over lands belonging to people with a longer history there. Both their hypocrisy & real agenda can be seen from a mile away. It's no surprise the Arab world was like "bitch please".

Apparently the information is not easily available given how long it took you to substantiate your claim.

Did you know that Gazans bombed Israel, with far more than a thousand bombs, when you made that post?
Tom
Yes, I read your post with comprehension. You should try it.
Do you believe that Gazans launched over a thousand bombs at Israelis or not?
Tom
I see that you are still not reading with comprehension. Yes as an answer to a question is an affirmative answers. I now have an idea about the number of projectiles (over 9,500 according to your unlinked Reuter quote) that Hamas (not Gazans) launched at the Israelis.

Let me ask this.
Netanyahu's polling numbers are in the toilet, as far as I know. He's almost certainly going to be replaced in the next election.

Which do you think is more likely to replace him? A peacenik accomodationist, or a more effective war monger?

Supposing it's a more hardened military dude, maybe an IDF general or something, could we all agree that Hamas helped elect an IDF general?
Tom

His popularity has significantly declined in the polls, because the Israeli population has better discernment than stupid American's that have been trained to dogmatically support everything the Israeli government does.

My narrative is "Greedy violent assholes are the problem. The only way problems like this one are ever resolved is through justice, fairness, and upholding human rights equally for all. The biggest obstacle to peace is the willingness of greedy violent assholes to attack anyone who fights against their greedy violent asshole ways, and threatens to undo their greedy violent asshole systems of power and influence."

Perhaps you've mentioned Hamas and their Islamic supporters on that. I don't recall it. Feel free to enlighten me.

Do you think that Hamas and their international supporters like Iran should be answering to the ICJ? If so, I don't remember it.

But I digress.
Do you think that Islamic terrorists are the main problem or Zionists?
I see the main problem as being, in the 21st century, as violent Muslims. Feel free to explain if you think differently.
Tom

Let me ask this.
Netanyahu's polling numbers are in the toilet, as far as I know. He's almost certainly going to be replaced in the next election.

Which do you think is more likely to replace him? A peacenik accomodationist, or a more effective war monger?

Supposing it's a more hardened military dude, maybe an IDF general or something, could we all agree that Hamas helped elect an IDF general?
Tom

His popularity has significantly declined in the polls, because the Israeli population has better discernment than stupid American's that have been trained to dogmatically support everything the Israeli government does.
So,
if Netanyahu gets replaced by someone more hard line than he is, can we agree that Hamas helped get his successor elected?
Tom

Hamas (not Gazans)

Some choose to overlook this detail, because it helps them sleep at night believing that they aren't endorsing the widespread killing of innocents.

And some people choose to overlook the fact that Hamas targets civilians, Palestinians and Israelis, because it helps them sleep at night.
Tom

And some people choose to overlook the fact that Hamas targets civilians, Palestinians and Israelis, because it helps them sleep at night.
Tom

Well golly gee. I wonder who those people are? You don't even have to leave IIDB to find them. Kindly do a search for a post that supports your claim sir.

Tom

Well golly gee. I wonder who those people are? You don't even have to leave IIDB to find them. Kindly do a search for a post that supports your claim sir.

Why would I bother, knowing that you've already them?
Tom

Why would I bother
Because supporting your claims with evidence is a way to inform people.

I could also try to explain to the local Trumpistas that Trump never won a popular election.
I don't bother with that any more either.
The information is readily available.
It's like trying to tell LD that Gazans launched a bunch of bombs at Israel, which is why Israel is bombing Gaza.
His response was "Source?"
Tom

What's with that? Why do they get so much support in the U.S. and on IIDB?

The problem lies in the assumption that backing Palestinian civilians is synonymous with backing Hamas. It's crucial to understand that not all Palestinians are affiliated with Hamas, nor did all Palestinians vote for Hamas. This argument often becomes the default response for those uneasy with criticism directed at the Israeli government (not Jews).
According to Wikipedia, Hamas membership is about 25,000 people, out of a total population of 600,000 Gazan.

The problem lies in the assumption that backing Palestinian civilians is synonymous with backing Hamas. It's crucial to understand that not all Palestinians are affiliated with Hamas, nor did all Palestinians vote for Hamas. This argument often becomes the default response for those uneasy with criticism directed at the Israeli government (not Jews).
According to Wikipedia, Hamas membership is about 25,000 people, out of a total population of 600,000 Gazan.
Really?
I thought that there were over two million Gazans.
No?
Tom

Really?
I thought that there were over two million Gazans.
No?
Tom
Oops, you're right. Google gave me the population of Gaza City, not the whole of Gaza strip.

ETA: 2.2 million according to NPR, half are children.

I could also try to explain to the local Trumpistas that Trump never won a popular election.
I don't bother with that any more either.
The information is readily available.

It's like trying to tell LD that Gazans launched a bunch of bombs at Israel, which is why Israel is bombing Gaza.
His response was "Source?"
Tom C
I asked for a source for the numbers of bombs you claimed were launched. That is the second time you have misrepresented by response. But I guess expecting better from one who gloats over the deaths of Gazan civilians is an over-reach.

Back
Top Bottom