• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Calling what Israel is doing "ethnic-cleansing" is trivialising that expression. They're just defending themselves Since the Palestinians just won't stop attacking Israel they need to do whatever they need to do. Any military or police action does a lot of damage. But they are being as gentle as it's militarily sensible for them to be.

Calling what Israel is doing "ethnic-cleansing" is trivialising that expression. They're just defending themselves Since the Palestinians Hamas just won't stop attacking Israel they need to do whatever they need to do. Any military or police action does a lot of damage. But they are being as gentle as it's militarily sensible for them to be.

I've fixed the discrepancy between our viewpoints. Your remaining assertions are reasonable ones, barring any contradictory evidence.

Calling what Israel is doing "ethnic-cleansing" is trivialising that expression. They're just defending themselves Since the Palestinians Hamas just won't stop attacking Israel they need to do whatever they need to do. Any military or police action does a lot of damage. But they are being as gentle as it's militarily sensible for them to be.

I've fixed the discrepancy between our viewpoints. Your remaining assertions are reasonable ones, barring any contradictory evidence.

Here again with your woke obsession with word usage. Its not just Hamas. Its also Islamic Jihad. Two organisations with wide popular support. So popular that Fatah needs to rig elections to stay in power. When they had elections.

The entire Palestinian society helped support the 7/10 attack

Saying "Palestinians" and not "Hamas" is entirely appropriate. That's not saying they all took part or all are guilty. But it moves the focus to something more appropriate than just Hamas

Saying "Palestinians" and not "Hamas" is entirely appropriate. That's not saying they all took part or all are guilty. But it moves the focus to something more appropriate than just Hamas

Ignore the fact this contradicts your assertion that all Palestinians helped support the 7/10 attack. :rolleyes: So, are you suggesting that Iran wasn't involved at all? Do you believe that only Palestinians supplied Hamas with weapons? Are you also denying that Hamas has redirected US funds? Is your position that solely the Palestinians are involved?

Here again with your woke obsession with word usage.

This clarifies the difficulty you're experiencing in grasping my posts. It seems you're interpreting them based on a preconceived notion of who you're conversing with. (y)

Calling what Israel is doing "ethnic-cleansing" is trivialising that expression. They're just defending themselves Since the Palestinians just won't stop attacking Israel they need to do whatever they need to do. Any military or police action does a lot of damage. But they are being as gentle as it's militarily sensible for them to be.
“They need to do whatever they need to do”

So, you believe that any action they could take is justified?

On what basis are you determining that their current approach is the most gentle they could take to still achieve their desired goals?

So the answer is no, you don't think Israel would allow PA police officers to cross Israel from the West Bank to Gaza at a moment's notice or equip and train up its police officers to the level of Delta Force commandos.

I don't either, and I'm sure everyone posting in this thread agrees with us.

But it's not necessary for them to do that to stop Hamas. So I don't understand why you're so hung up on that? What do you think that proves? Police forces can cooperate across borders. They do it all the time. It's works great. Interpol is a thing.

I think the biggest problem PA faces with fighting Hamas is that the police force are very much pro-Hamas.
Are the police in Mexico pro drug cartel or pro-don't want to be violently murdered by the drug cartel?

While PA forces can and most likely have Hamas supporters, the reality is that there is an inherent risk to their and their family's safety for going against Hamas, much like Mexico and Central America has issues with drug cartel retaliation.
Exactly! They can't be trusted to maintain order. It doesn’t really matter why.

Here again with your woke obsession with word usage. Its not just Hamas. Its also Islamic Jihad. Two organisations with wide popular support. So popular that Fatah needs to rig elections to stay in power. When they had elections.

Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't. It gets dizzying reading Dr. Z's posts.

Yes, but that has been true since the Palestinian Authority was founded. It has done nothing to stop Hamas. At any point.

Hamas was around since the Palestinian Authority was founded? :ROFLMAO: You do know that since Hamas was founded, the Palestinian Authority has been at odds with them. Hamas secured electoral victory through misleading promises to the Palestinian people, with initial support from Israel, and has subsequently been sustained by aid from Iran. Your understanding of history appears to be significantly misguided. It might be worth considering a refund from the institution that taught you.

Gentle???

GettyImages-1970213506-1024x673.jpg

I wonder what your vision of harsh would look like.

You might avoid the worst of the pedantic arguments and goal post shifting by rephrasing that as "The enormous bulk of the adult Palestinian society helped support the 7/10 attack."
Which is clearly true.
It's not just the ones actively digging tunnels, storing weapons caches, or building all those thousands of missiles. It's also the people who were aware of the build up of the military installations, under and around civilian infrastructure, but didn't complain about it.
Tom

You might avoid the worst of the pedantic arguments and goal post shifting by rephrasing that as "The enormous bulk of the adult Palestinian society helped support the 7/10 attack."
Which is clearly true.
It's not just the ones actively digging tunnels, storing weapons caches, or building all those thousands of missiles. It's also the people who were aware of the build up of the military installations, under and around civilian infrastructure, but didn't complain about it.
Tom
I would think hardly none of the Palestinian society knew of the attack plans. Such an attack requires secrecy.

Palestinians advocate for resistance against Israel, not for committing war crimes against it. The distinction seems lost on some, which is bewildering. It's particularly striking to hear Americans criticize Palestinians for defending their territory. This reaction is ironic, given the extensive history of Native American tribes resisting American settlers and the U.S. government to protect their lands. The parallel begs the question: what else would one anticipate in such a situation? Acknowledge the truth that the British Empire intentionally established settlements in Palestine, fully anticipating resistance. They were well aware of the potential consequences of their actions. Yet, today, we seem to be feigning surprise, as if the universe was created just 6,000 years ago and the State of Israel was founded on October 7th.

I would think hardly none of the Palestinian society knew of the attack plans. Such an attack requires secrecy.
Had all that stuff popped into existence on Oct 6th I'd agree. But it didn't.
I've no doubt that the scope and timing weren't public knowledge. But the terrorist build up for an attack on Israel was not a secret.
Tom

Which is clearly true.
Tom

TomC also overlooked that Hamas is persecuting Palestinian dissenters. He makes speaking out against an authoritarian regime that wields unchecked power to eliminate any opposition within its jurisdiction (and has done so) easy from his sofa.

So the answer is no, you don't think Israel would allow PA police officers to cross Israel from the West Bank to Gaza at a moment's notice or equip and train up its police officers to the level of Delta Force commandos.

I don't either, and I'm sure everyone posting in this thread agrees with us.

But it's not necessary for them to do that to stop Hamas. So I don't understand why you're so hung up on that? What do you think that proves? Police forces can cooperate across borders. They do it all the time. It's works great. Interpol is a thing.

I think the biggest problem PA faces with fighting Hamas is that the police force are very much pro-Hamas.
Are the police in Mexico pro drug cartel or pro-don't want to be violently murdered by the drug cartel?

While PA forces can and most likely have Hamas supporters, the reality is that there is an inherent risk to their and their family's safety for going against Hamas, much like Mexico and Central America has issues with drug cartel retaliation.
Exactly! They can't be trusted to maintain order. It doesn’t really matter why.

Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't. It gets dizzying reading Dr. Z's posts.
How can you stand the stench from those posts?

On what basis are you determining that their current approach is the most gentle they could take to still achieve their desired goals?
Stop twisting his words!!!!

Please define what you mean by "Palestinian society" and what you mean by helping support the 7/10 because by the common understanding of those word, your statement appears to be another example of ignorant bigotry rather than insightful discussion.

Had all that stuff popped into existence on Oct 6th I'd agree. But it didn't.
I've no doubt that the scope and timing weren't public knowledge. But the terrorist build up for an attack on Israel was not a secret.
Tom
Funny, the Palestinians should have known, but not the Israelis, who actually have active intelligence operations in Gaza.

Stop twisting his words!!!!
Well, he can clarify his words as necessary to better elucidate his meaning if I am misinterpreting it. His words seem quite plain to me, but I admit I'm not as much of an expert on this as he or Loren Pechtel are.

Back
Top Bottom