• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
What important issues are you talking about? Did you read the Oslo Accords? It sounds like you're making another argumentum ad ignorantiam. That or else you're employing a very dishonest bit of assuming the conclusion.

Please keep in mind you are supposed to support your claim that Abbas was/is not serious about negotiating, diplomacy, or wanting a peaceful resolution to the conflict between the Palestinians and Israel. Picking nits over a word, phrase, or clause that the Israelis may have insisted be included in the Accords won't cut it. You have to show evidence that Abbas himself was/is not sincere. That or admit you have none.

Suspect arrested in killing of Detroit synagogue leader Samantha Woll

A suspect has been taken into custody in last month’s killing of Detroit synagogue president Samantha Woll, Detroit Police said Wednesday.

In a statement on X, Police Chief James E. White said details of the investigation will remain confidential at this time.

“While this is an encouraging development in our desire to bring closure for Ms. Woll’s family, it does not represent the conclusion of our work in this case,” the statement reads.

Investigators are treating her death as arising from a domestic dispute and not extremism, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation.
Details have now been revealed. It was a larceny/home invasion that went bad.

A man was charged in the fatal stabbing of beloved Detroit synagogue president. The two didn’t know each other, police say

Michael Jackson-Bolanos, 28, has been charged with committing a felony murder during the perpetration or attempted perpetration of a larceny and/or a first-degree home invasion, according to the Detroit Police Department. If convicted, the defendant faces life in prison without parole, prosecutors said.

He was also charged with one count of home invasion and one count of lying to a peace officer, police said. CNN has not been able to immediately identify an attorney for him.

Suspect arrested in killing of Detroit synagogue leader Samantha Woll

A suspect has been taken into custody in last month’s killing of Detroit synagogue president Samantha Woll, Detroit Police said Wednesday.

In a statement on X, Police Chief James E. White said details of the investigation will remain confidential at this time.

“While this is an encouraging development in our desire to bring closure for Ms. Woll’s family, it does not represent the conclusion of our work in this case,” the statement reads.

Investigators are treating her death as arising from a domestic dispute and not extremism, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the investigation.
Details have now been revealed. It was a larceny/home invasion that went bad.

A man was charged in the fatal stabbing of beloved Detroit synagogue president. The two didn’t know each other, police say

Michael Jackson-Bolanos, 28, has been charged with committing a felony murder during the perpetration or attempted perpetration of a larceny and/or a first-degree home invasion, according to the Detroit Police Department. If convicted, the defendant faces life in prison without parole, prosecutors said.

He was also charged with one count of home invasion and one count of lying to a peace officer, police said. CNN has not been able to immediately identify an attorney for him.
Jackson-Bolanos is an uncommon arabic name.

He certainly had a criminal record though.
Detroit man charged in Samantha Woll murder has criminal background
Fox 2 Detroit said:
According to a records search with the Michigan Department of Corrections, Bolanos has two previous prison sentences for stolen property receiving and concealing motor vehicle.
The first time he was convicted 2014 and after a plea served from 2014 to 2018. He was convicted again after a plea in 2019 and was discharged in August of 2021.
Why did he serve such a short sentence the second time around? As a repeat offender, he should have gotten a longer sentence, not a shorter one. He should still have been in prison when she murdered Woll. I guess that's Detroit for you. Kym (Un)Worthy is one of those fauxgressive DAs.

But unless this creep is a convert to Islam (common among blacks in prison) and knew Samantha Woll was Jewish, it was probably just a coincidence that he targeted her. He should never leave prison alive though. It is also another case to show how dangerous home invasions can be and why using deadly force against people breaking into your house is justified, no matter what some people on here are saying.

Last edited:
In other Hamas-related news, a Hamas terror attack in Europe has been thwarted.
Seven arrested in Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands over suspected terrorism plots
Reuters said:
- Seven people, including four suspected Hamas members, were arrested in Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands on suspicion of planning attacks on Jewish institutions in Europe, authorities in the three countries said on Thursday.
[...]
Dutch national Nazih R was arrested by police in Rotterdam, while Lebanon-born Abdelhamid Al A and Ibrahim El-R, as well as Egyptian national Mohamed B, were arrested in the German capital, German prosecutors said.
Abdelhamid Al A had been assigned by Hamas leaders in Lebanon with finding sources for weapons, prosecutors said. The weapons were due to be taken to Berlin and kept ready for potential terrorist attacks against Jewish institutions, prosecutors said.

Those names arabic[sic] enough for you, Hound?

Pointing to other people doesn't absolve you of your error to make an assumption based on what appears to be prejudice.

He certainly had a criminal record though.
Detroit man charged in Samantha Woll murder has criminal background
Fox 2 Detroit said:
According to a records search with the Michigan Department of Corrections, Bolanos has two previous prison sentences for stolen property receiving and concealing motor vehicle.
The first time he was convicted 2014 and after a plea served from 2014 to 2018. He was convicted again after a plea in 2019 and was discharged in August of 2021.
Why did he serve such a short sentence the second time around? As a repeat offender, he should have gotten a longer sentence, not a shorter one. He should still have been in prison when she murdered Woll. I guess that's Detroit for you. Kym (Un)Worthy is one of those fauxgressive DAs.

But unless this creep is a convert to Islam (common among blacks in prison) and knew Samantha Woll was Jewish, it was probably just a coincidence that he targeted her. He should never leave prison alive though. It is also another case to show how dangerous home invasions can be and why using deadly force against people breaking into your house is justified, no matter what some people on here are saying.
As Don pointed out, you missed my point. It was not a member of the Detroit area Arab community who committed the heinous crime as you assumed.

While Derec is busy being distracted by trying to point the finger at other people, here is some news coming out of Israel:

All I can say is that this was 100% predictable. While this could be pretty eye-opening as to how easy it is for IDF soldiers to be reckless (or worse) with ANY civilians, it is absolutely not going to change any minds whatsoever.

While Derec is busy being distracted by trying to point the finger at other people, here is some news coming out of Israel:

All I can say is that this was 100% predictable. While this could be pretty eye-opening as to how easy it is for IDF soldiers to be reckless (or worse) with ANY civilians, it is absolutely not going to change any minds whatsoever.
Reports indicate that the hostages had either escaped or had been abandoned by the captors and were unarmed. Yet they were mistakenly identified as potential threats and killed by IDF forces.

Which suggests that Gazans who returned sone wandering hostages back to captivity msy have saved their lives.

Reports indicate that the hostages had either escaped or had been abandoned by the captors and were unarmed. Yet they were mistakenly identified as potential threats and killed by IDF forces.

Which suggests that Gazans who returned sone wandering hostages back to captivity msy have saved their lives.
Possible. Perhaps they even knew handing them to Hamas on the boundary of fighting might result in exchange. Hard to say. Also, they most likely saved their own lives. Had they gone anywhere near IDF, very high probability of dying.

Pointing to other people doesn't absolve you of your error to make an assumption based on what appears to be prejudice.
Yeah, it was an error, but one justified by the data we had at the time. Specifically the timing. Making a mistake is one thing. Gloating over a murder is quite another.
As Don pointed out, you missed my point. It was not a member of the Detroit area Arab community who committed the heinous crime as you assumed.
I missed nothing. Your gloating was received loud and clear.
And I still think Kym (Un)Worthy is indirectly responsible with her soft on crime policies.

This is obviously tragic, and the solider(s) who made this mistake should be investigated and disciplined appropriately.
But let's not lose track of the fact that it is Hamas who carries the main responsibility not only for these deaths, but for all deaths in this conflict.
After all, it was them who started this war and took hostages.

They were also planning terror attacks in Europe, in case you missed that post.

Yeah, it was an error, but one justified by the data we had at the time. Specifically the timing. Making a mistake is one thing. Gloating over a murder is quite another.
Unfortunately, your pointless response to me suggests otherwise. As does your ridiculous excuse to Don - there was NO DATA at the t ime of the killing. You manufactured your claim out of pure bigotry.

Unfortunately, your pointless response to me suggests otherwise. As does your ridiculous excuse to Don - there was NO DATA at the t ime of the killing. You manufactured your claim out of pure bigotry.

That's a ridiculous assertion. There was lots of data concerning the violence of Gazan theocrats.
Lots!
Going back years. Especially the data point of October 7th.
Tom

That's a ridiculous assertion. There was lots of data concerning the violence of Gazan theocrats.
Lots!
Tom
This discussion is about a single murder in Detroit, Michigan, USA of a Jewish woman that some one immediately pinned on the Detroit Arabic community. Would you please explain why you feel Gazan theocrats are relevant? I am interested because I sm trying to make sense out of a seemingly insane response.

Lots!
Tom
This discussion is about a single murder in Detroit, Michigan, USA of a Jewish woman that some one immediately pinned on the Detroit Arabic community. Would you please explain why you feel Gazan theocrats are relevant? I am interested because I sm trying to make sense out of a seemingly insane response.
Feel free to read the OP. And the posts I quoted.

While we're at it, why were those people caught in the line of fire? Why were they there at all?

Because Muslim inspired violence, that's why. They were kidnapped and held for ransom by Gazans. Gazans chose the current disaster in Gaza, not the Israelis much less the IDF.

Gazans chose this.

Tom

Lots!
Tom
Feel free to read the OP. And the posts I quoted.

While we're at it, why were those people caught in the line of fire? Why were they there at all?

Because Muslim inspired violence, that's why. They were kidnapped and held for ransom by Gazans. Gazans chose the current disaster in Gaza, not the Israelis much less the IDF.
It is insane to feel
1) that Gazan choices are relevant to a specific murder in Detour, Michigan, USA, and
2) only Gazans made choices that caused the current destruction and violence in Gaza.

Tom C said:
Gazans chose this.

Tom
A majority of Gazans were not born when Hamas won the last election. Almost half of Gazans are children. Your generalization is insane.

Yeah, it was an error, but one justified by the data we had at the time.

It was not justified. Everyone in the forum told you it wasn't justified. You did it anyway.

Specifically the timing.

Wrong. You cherry picked one thing that matched your ideology.

Making a mistake is one thing. Gloating over a murder is quite another.

You did both, erred, and gloated.

We originally became involved in the mess in 1973

I had no idea 1948 was only 50 years ago.
We weren't helping them in 48.
I don't believe that is true.
Israel certainly wouldn't exist if we hadn't supported Zionists in the UN.
Tom
How do you figure that? Giving the UN credit for Israel is like giving Reagan credit for the fall of communism -- it amounts to claiming it was the cheerleaders that won the big game. The UN Security Council didn't even enact Israel's creation -- Resolution 181 was a General Assembly resolution, i.e., an advisory opinion. The notion that Israel wouldn't have been formed the minute the League of Nations mandate expired whether the UN approved it or not is fanciful. Israelis got themselves a country the same way Americans did -- by setting it up unilaterally and then fighting off the predictable attempt to shut it down by force.

Back
Top Bottom