• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged Gaza just launched an unprovoked attack on Israel

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
in a hostage situation that usually means a sniper shot to the head. But it can mean a sniper shot that takes out the control of the weapon. Or the weapon itself if the situation permits (it usually doesn't as shooting a gun is prone to cause it to fire.)
This is pure Hollywood.

None of that is real, most of it isn't even possible outside of the movies, and the rest is far too risky to ever be useful for real hostage situations.

You should be far mlre skeptocal of those elements of your "knowledge" that derive from fiction, even if the souce is tagged with "Based on true events".
You mean a sniper can't shoot through another sniper's scope? or shoot the trigger finger off someone holding a gun?

A sniper just hit the smallest part of Trump's head without causing barely an injury at all. Don't tell me that's not some precise shootin'!

in a hostage situation that usually means a sniper shot to the head. But it can mean a sniper shot that takes out the control of the weapon. Or the weapon itself if the situation permits (it usually doesn't as shooting a gun is prone to cause it to fire.)
This is pure Hollywood.

None of that is real, most of it isn't even possible outside of the movies, and the rest is far too risky to ever be useful for real hostage situations.

You should be far mlre skeptocal of those elements of your "knowledge" that derive from fiction, even if the souce is tagged with "Based on true events".
There have been real world shots meant to cut control. I'm thinking of a case where the perp had taped a shotgun to the hostage's head and taped his hand to the gun. I forget exactly what the sniper hit but it was some part of the arm.

This is pure Hollywood.

There have been real world shots meant to cut control. I'm thinking of a case where the perp had taped a shotgun to the hostage's head and taped his hand to the gun. I forget exactly what the sniper hit but it was some part of the arm.
I don't remember that one, but then I was never much of a fan of 1980s action movies. I only saw Lethal Weapon 2 because everyone was going on about the scene with the exploding dunny.

According to Mythbusters, the escape shown in the film was surprisingly plausible, as plastic explosive really does exhibit a delay in detonation when cold.

Ha! Perfect!

I accuse Trump of a serious crime, one that I say should have him jailed. Yet this is a crime that would also describe actions of Biden, Obama, and Bush Jr. Therefore nobody acknowledges the crime I accuse Trump of and accuse me of supporting him.

When you are done pretending to be ignored, which of Donald's Trump's indictments do you classify as "lawfare"? Are any of them frivolous and without merit? If you expect to be acknowledged, then you should at least try to acknowledge others. If you want to say that you don't support Trump, that's fine. But it seems reasonable to wonder why heap so much criticism on Democrats and so little on Trump and the party that is the Republican frontrunner.
I already answered you when I said that accusing him of masterminding the J6 protests and of the J6 protests being an insurrection. If you're not going to read my posts, don't bother accusing me of not answering.

Or is your refusal to read my answers proof that I don't answer questions?

Now discuss why you won't touch the Nawar "Nora" al-Awlaki issue. Why do you avoid it? Why are you afraid to talk about it? What about that issue makes you want to discuss literally anything else?
Collateral damage happens in war. Islamist terrorists routinely use their families as human shields. War is hell, this case simply brought a bit of that hell in front of the cameras to use as a weapon against the US.
The only person on this forum willing to address this.

Still, from the wikipedia article:
"She was hit with a bullet in her neck and suffered for two hours. Why kill children? This is the new U.S. administration – it's very sad, a big crime." Nawar died with her mother and uncle by her side. Her alleged last words were, "Don't cry, mama. I'm fine."

This wasn't a stray bullet, and she could have been saved.

Ha! Perfect!

I accuse Trump of a serious crime, one that I say should have him jailed. Yet this is a crime that would also describe actions of Biden, Obama, and Bush Jr. Therefore nobody acknowledges the crime I accuse Trump of and accuse me of supporting him.

When you are done pretending to be ignored, which of Donald's Trump's indictments do you classify as "lawfare"? Are any of them frivolous and without merit? If you expect to be acknowledged, then you should at least try to acknowledge others. If you want to say that you don't support Trump, that's fine. But it seems reasonable to wonder why heap so much criticism on Democrats and so little on Trump and the party that is the Republican frontrunner.
I already answered you when I said that accusing him of masterminding the J6 protests and of the J6 protests being an insurrection. If you're not going to read my posts, don't bother accusing me of not answering.

Now discuss why you won't touch the Nawar "Nora" al-Awlaki issue. Why do you avoid it? Why are you afraid to talk about it? What about that issue makes you want to discuss literally anything else?
Collateral damage happens in war. Islamist terrorists routinely use their families as human shields. War is hell, this case simply brought a bit of that hell in front of the cameras to use as a weapon against the US.

"She was hit with a bullet in her neck and suffered for two hours. Why kill children? This is the new U.S. administration – it's very sad, a big crime." Nawar died with her mother and uncle by her side. Her alleged last words were, "Don't cry, mama. I'm fine."

That issue has been addressed many times in here: Palestinian access to quick efficient emergency medical service is either lacking in their area or blocked by Israel policy/action.

Ha! Perfect!

That issue has been addressed many times in here: Palestinian access to quick efficient emergency medical service is either lacking in their area or blocked by Israel policy/action.
If a US Solider was close enough to shoot her in a manner that could have had her been rescued, he was close enough to say "holy shit I just shot a 9 year old girl."

And while that is bad enough, she was a US Citizen that Trump had ordered killed. A US Citizen. Doesn't the lack of due process there bother you even a little?

Ha! Perfect!

If a US Solider was close enough to shoot her in a manner that could have had her been rescued, he was close enough to say "holy shit I just shot a 9 year old girl."
Maybe he did.
Jason Harvestdancer said:
And while that is bad enough, she was a US Citizen that Trump had ordered killed. A US Citizen. Doesn't the lack of due process there bother you even a little?
Lots of things bother me. Killing civilians with or without due process bothers ne a lot. Making unsubstantiated claims of fact like Trump ordered thus girl’s death bothers me a little.

Maybe he did.
Lots of things bother me. Killing civilians with or without due process bothers ne a lot. Making unsubstantiated claims of fact like Trump ordered thus girl’s death bothers me a little.
But he did sign the order for the raid that resulted in her death.

Your claim that killing civilians without due process bothers you a lot would be a lot more credible if you weren't so nonchalant about it. Do you support Trump in this instance?

Maybe he did.
But he did sign the order for the raid that resulted in her death.

Your claim that killing civilians without due process bothers you a lot would be a lot more credible if you weren't so nonchalant about it. Do you support Trump in this instance?
This happened in 2017 and you bring it up now? I’m as nonchalant as you.

No, I don’t support the killing of civilians.

Wild news. Wonder how many casualties are not Hezbollah.

What we know about the Hezbollah pagers attack - Washington Post

At 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday in Lebanon, thousands of pagers used by the militant group Hezbollah exploded across the country, wounding at least 2,800 people and killing at least nine, according to health officials.

The massive apparent attack raised immediate questions about how the tiny devices could have exploded at the same time.

Hezbollah blamed the attack on Israel. The Israel Defense Forces declined to comment on whether it was responsible.
Israeli operatives likely intercepted the pagers somewhere in the supply chain before Hezbollah got them and rigged them with explosives, said Emily Harding, deputy director of the International Security Program at Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington think tank.

Last edited:

At 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday in Lebanon, thousands of pagers used by the militant group Hezbollah exploded across the country, wounding at least 2,800 people and killing at least nine, according to health officials.

The massive apparent attack raised immediate questions about how the tiny devices could have exploded at the same time.

Hezbollah blamed the attack on Israel. The Israel Defense Forces declined to comment on whether it was responsible.
Israeli operatives likely intercepted the pagers somewhere in the supply chain before Hezbollah got them and rigged them with explosives, said Emily Harding, deputy director of the International Security Program at Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington think tank.

it’s hard for me to feel sorry for them. They’ve been striking Israel with missiles since Oct 8. They just hit and killed 8 children in Israel playing soccer. Not a nice way to treat your neighbors.

it’s hard for me to feel sorry for them. They’ve been striking Israel with missiles since Oct 8. They just hit and killed 8 children in Israel playing soccer. Not a nice way to treat your neighbors.

Unfortunately in that part of the world one act of retaliation deserves another.

The best way to actually test if an action is acceptable is to change the parties doing and receiving the action, (BEFORE the news hits big) and asking if that is fair.

So, if Hezbollah managed to do this pager bomb to the IDF would it be considered terrorism?

The best way to actually test if an action is acceptable is to change the parties doing and receiving the action, (BEFORE the news hits big) and asking if that is fair.

So, if Hezbollah managed to do this pager bomb to the IDF would it be considered terrorism?
That's a good question.

IMO the answer is yes.

The difference, though, is that the IDF is the military force of an internationally recognized country, whereas Hezbollah is the paramilitary force of a political organization.

If the IDF had the consent of the government of Lebanon to injure and kill a large number of Lebanese citizens, then it's both terrorism and a brutal government crackdown.

If the IDF didn't have permission from the Lebanese government, then its actions were both terrorism and an act of war.

Last edited:
Way back under Hussein a Canadian ballistics expert was building a super gun for Iraq that could hit Israel.

He was assassinated.

Iranian nuclear scientists have been assassinated.

Well before the current war if a Palestinian was judged in absentia to be a threat Israel would make a show of giving the family a warning to vacate the home, and then bomb it.

Palestinians, Iran, and the Arabs consider Israel to be terrorists.

If it was not so tragic it would be comical.

The Mid East is right out of history.

The Muslim Iranian thoracotomy rejects the Saudi royals as authentic Muslims and wants to replace them. The Arab oil states do not get along.

Arabs strut around in traditional dress.

Jewish Zionists claim a 2000 year old right to the and as god given.

Persians don't like Arabs, Arabs don't lie Persians. Both Arabs and Persians do not like Israeli Jews.

In the 80s I new a woman from Lebanon. She said before the civil war Lebanon was a tourist destination.

Look at all the factions in the civil war.

We keep trying to bring democracy and peace and human rights to a region where nobody really wants it. It is tribal. Jews, Arabs, and Persians are tribal. Nobody wants to compromise and get along.

They are all fanatical.

Unfortunately in that part of the world one act of retaliation deserves another.
I think “instigates” describes it better than “deserves “.
In that part of the world with "Lex talionis" or "oculum pro oculo" in operation deserves probably express their sentiment better than instigates.

Back
Top Bottom