• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Gendered spaces, split from Drag Shows

To notify a split thread.
And where is that 80% figure coming from, given that over 90% of those on puberty blockers go on to transition? Are you counting those that the therapists thought would change their mind?

Evidence from the 10 available prospective follow-up studies from childhood to adolescence (reviewed in the study by Ristori and Steensma28) indicates that for ~80% of children who meet the criteria for GDC, the GD recedes with puberty. Instead, many of these adolescents will identify as non-heterosexual.

Gotta trans the gay away.
And nothing important is done before puberty anyway. Your 80% figure has no relevance.

"If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat".

This thread needed a little humor.
Nobody under the age of sixty thinks that passive-aggressive doggerel is either humorous or persuasive.

I despise signs like that.
It could be worse. It could be corporate "inspirational" art. They had that crap where I worked. It made me want to wretch.

Nobody under the age of sixty thinks that passive-aggressive doggerel is either humorous or persuasive.

It could be worse. It could be corporate "inspirational" art. They had that crap where I worked. It made me want to wretch.
We had a lot of that as well.

I had this on my office wall for over a year before my manager noticed what it actually said, and suggested that it might not be appropriate (it was an exact match for the style of the "real" posters that were ubiquitous in our offices and meeting rooms):

D0B6B59D-22A7-4258-8348-558D39140319.jpeg

Nah. It was all in fun and we were all very young at the time. It was just for a laugh. Maybe only women got it because some women refuse to wipe the pee from the seat, which is kind of thoughtless and uncaring towards your fellow toilet users. :)

Nah. It was all in fun and we were all very young at the time. It was just for a laugh. Maybe only women got it because some women refuse to wipe the pee from the seat, which is kind of thoughtless and uncaring towards your fellow toilet users.
I vaguely remember the first time I saw similar.
My newly married sister got it for their place.
Apparently, her new hubby's buddies came over regularly to play cards or watch football or whatever. It tended to involve beer. They weren't always up to her standards. ;)
Tom

Because she didn’t write it right. It really goes:

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie
Wipe the seatie.

The ‘ie’ makes all the difference.

Nah. It was all in fun and we were all very young at the time. It was just for a laugh. Maybe only women got it because some women refuse to wipe the pee from the seat, which is kind of thoughtless and uncaring towards your fellow toilet users.
I vaguely remember the first time I saw similar.
My newly married sister got it for their place.
Apparently, her new hubby's buddies came over regularly to play cards or watch football or whatever. It tended to involve beer. They weren't always up to her standards. ;)
Tom
There’s a reason toilet sets raise up.

Only arrested adolescents think that their immaturity and lack of consideration and poor aim is amusing. It’s a wonder any of them manage to father children.

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie
Wipe the seatie.

That's more like my sister's. Although, I recall the first two lines reversed.
Tom

Only arrested adolescents think that their immaturity and lack of consideration and poor aim is amusing. It’s a wonder any of them manage to father children.
Yeah, but they were kids really. 20yo, +/-2,.
They were barely housebroken.
Tom

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie
Wipe the seatie.

Was that sarcasm? If so, please put the /s in place. Sometimes it's hard to tell. :p

I agree with you about raising the seat. When I was younger and didn't have bad knees, I'd raise the seat if I wasn't going to sit on it. Too bad more women don't do that. Now, I just sit because based on my extensive reading regarding infection control, it's close to impossible to catch anything from sitting on a toilet seat. You'd likely have to have some broken skin and there'd have to be some really fresh, nasty bacteria on the seat because that stuff doesn't survive long on a hard surface. It's just yucky to end up sitting on someone else's pee. We sure have derailed this thread. :ROFLMAO:

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie
Wipe the seatie.

Was that sarcasm? If so, please put the /s in place. Sometimes it's hard to tell. :p

I agree with you about raising the seat. When I was younger and didn't have bad knees, I'd raise the seat if I wasn't going to sit on it. Too bad more women don't do that. Now, I just sit because based on my extensive reading regarding infection control, it's close to impossible to catch anything from sitting on a toilet seat. You'd likely have to have some broken skin and there'd have to be some really fresh, nasty bacteria on the seat because that stuff doesn't survive long on a hard surface. It's just yucky to end up sitting on someone else's pee. We sure have derailed this thread. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I was just poking fun at bilby but all in fun. No hard feelings intended.

I am not tall enough to use a toilet without sitting down, seat up or down. When I was maybe 4 or 5, I saw little boys peeing on a firehydrant for the first time and immediately thought that a) it wasn't fair that they didn't have to go inside to the bathroom and b) decided if they could pee standing up, so could I. So, I tried mightily to straddle our toilet, very unsuccessfully, being only 4 or 5 and small for my age. My poor mother must have had no clue what was going on while I was trying to learn this skill.....She must never have figured it out because I'm sure I would remember that spanking...

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie
Wipe the seatie.

Yeah, I was just poking fun at bilby but all in fun. No hard feelings intended.

I am not tall enough to use a toilet without sitting down, seat up or down. When I was maybe 4 or 5, I saw little boys peeing on a firehydrant for the first time and immediately thought that a) it wasn't fair that they didn't have to go inside to the bathroom and b) decided if they could pee standing up, so could I. So, I tried mightily to straddle our toilet, very unsuccessfully, being only 4 or 5 and small for my age. My poor mother must have had no clue what was going on while I was trying to learn this skill.....She must never have figured it out because I'm sure I would remember that spanking...
OMG! Your'e not the only one. When I was about 4 or 5, two little boys that I played with tried to get me to pee standing up, when we were outside playing together. I quickly learned that it's not easy for girls to do that. I ended up with wet pants, but I don't think my mother found out, or if she did, she felt sorry for me. The little boys thought it was hysterical that I couldn't pee standing up. I never tried to do that again.

Fortunately, my husband can pee sitting down or standing up, but I've had male patients who couldn't do that and it was difficult to get them to use a bed pan when they couldn't get out of bedd. Now, we're really going off track, no? Maybe this should be in the lounge....

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie
Wipe the seatie.

I remember about forty years ago a friend and I were at his sister's and brother in law's house. For some reason STDs came up and someone said you can get STDs from a toilet seat. I said no, you can't. My friends sister said she got an STD from a toilet seat. We knew the BiL scrwed around on her and that's probably how she got the infection. So I kept my mouth shut after that.

My friends sister said she got an STD from a toilet seat. We knew the BiL scrwed around on her and that's probably how she got the infection.
"Everybody lies" - Dr Gregory House, Head of Diagnostic Medicine, Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital, Princeton NJ.

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie
Wipe the seatie.

I remember about forty years ago a friend and I were at his sister's and brother in law's house. For some reason STDs came up and someone said you can get STDs from a toilet seat. I said no, you can't. My friends sister said she got an STD from a toilet seat. We knew the BiL scrwed around on her and that's probably how she got the infection. So I kept my mouth shut after that.
When I worked as a maternity nurse in public. health, one of my patients had an STD and her husband told her he got it from a toilet seat. I told her that it was none of my business what she decided to do as far as her marriage was concerned, but her husband didn't get the STD from a toilet seat. I felt bad for this very young, teenage girl, but I felt like she needed to know the truth. Of course, she might have decided to believe her husband, as sometimes it's easier to accept a lie than the truth. As a public health nurse, it was my duty to teach my patients how STDs are spread. This also happened once when I worked in STD clinic. This was also close to 40 years ago.

How does that communicate to girls that women are valued as much as men?
I don't think it does.

It communicates that trans people are valued, sometimes.

Lemme ask you this.

Out of all the awards given out in the last five years, how many went to trans people?

How many "women's awards" went to "male women"? My guess is pretty darn few. Which is fine with me.

But you're begrudging one trans woman one award. One that is so unimportant that I didn't even know about it until it got mentioned on this thread.

Why are you doing that? Why are you begrudging one person one award of little importance?

Makes you look excruciatingly petty to me.
Tom
Would you hold the same view if Rachel Dolezal were given an award for her contribution to the advancement of black people, and were given that award during black history month?

How does the lauding of a white person during black history month result in gains for black people? What message does that send to black people... when the very best black person that could be found is white?

Would you hold the same view if Rachel Dolezal were given an award for her contribution to the advancement of black people, and were given that award during black history month?
Yes.
If someone gets an award for something I don't really care much about their skin color.

Sorry if that is racist by your standards.
If Rachel Dolezal did stuff that got her such an award I would be okay with that.
Tom

My friends sister said she got an STD from a toilet seat. We knew the BiL scrwed around on her and that's probably how she got the infection.
"Everybody lies" - Dr Gregory House, Head of Diagnostic Medicine, Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital, Princeton NJ.
Researchers very much believe this, particularly of their female patients. This is one factor that has hamstrung research into the causes of breast cancer. Note: learned while attending a seminar given by physicians-researchers whose work was breast cancer in women.

Back
Top Bottom