• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

General trailer discussion

From the studio that brought you 27 Dresses and The Devil Wears Prada:

Rumor was spreading that the first test screening went badly and FOX was scrambling to reshoot. Either FOX managed to spin it the other way, or the original rumor was exaggerated.

According to FOX, the "disastrous" test screening still scored above 90%, but the reshoots happened because everyone asked for more Cable and more Domino, which I take as a very good sign. If the test audience demands more of your straight man, your comedy is doing something right.

I have one minor complaint. I don't mind that they race-flipped Domino at all, but because they used a light-skinned African-American woman, they probably should have stuck with the black face makeup. The white makeup would have worked better with a darker-skinned actress. My gripe is largely irrelevant, and a minor quibble though. If test audiences demanded more of that character, they clearly got something right.

There are all kinds of rumors circulating about this movie because of the production troubles, but didn't we get the same rumors around Rogue One?

Anyway, whatever goes right or wrong with this movie, can I mention that casting Donald Glover as the young Lando was a stroke of genius? Even if everything else in the movie is wrong, I'll pay money to see it in the theater just for that.

They were true with Rogue 1. Its remarkable they managed to fix it and produce a good movie. That doesn't necessarily mean they always can.

Rogue One had an all new cast, with only very brief cameos from the old cast. That was the best part about it. Solo on the other hand will have Han Solo, Chewie, Lando, and others. No matter what they do, some fans are going to be disappointed because the characters they love are not quite like they imagined. Personally I don't think Han Solo needs an origin story. It'd be more fun to see what happened to him between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

Using Colossus as a straight man in the first movie was a stroke of genius, but I can't wait to see Deadpool get his traditional straight man.

This looks totally whacked!
[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/lpAdoEXUBcE[/YOUTUBE]

From a reaction video, I got the background story on this.

It turns out Disney bought the rights to the Muppet characters, but didn't buy Henson's company, so now all the original creators are running around without their traditional most popular characters to work with, and apparently this was the result.

This trailer focuses on Mariah Dillard vs Bushmaster. Too bad. I would have liked to see more Misty.

Anyway, the problem with season 1 is that Cottonmouth overshadowed all the other villains such that once he left, the series lost a lot of momentum and interest. This version of Mariah is not anywhere near as interesting as Cottonmouth, and I'm still not sold on Shades, but I have to admit she is a heck of a lot more interesting than the version of Mariah from the source material.

Back
Top Bottom