• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

General trailer discussion

Can't wait for this one!

From the studio that brought you The Emoji Movie and The Smurfs. Wonder how much product placement they can fit in this one?

Probably a lot, not counting the product placement for "Koka Soda" used to establish that this is happening in an alternate reality. :D

And you're right, given the past work from this studio, there is every reason to be skeptical.

Speaking of that past work, there is a lot of speculation that this movie is their last chance to salvage the studio. If it isn't a commercial success, they won't be able to hire decent talent because most artists won't want to work for an animation house that produces only stinkers. The suits might just decide to shutter the entire operation based on that.

Thus, while they have an awful history of past movies, they are under a lot of pressure to do something good for a change. That could theoretically have positive results, such as the shockingly unique art style we see in the trailers.

[YOUTUBE]0LHxvxdRnYc[/YOUTUBE]

I'm going to see it anyway because it's a Marvel movie, but I'm not expecting much.

• After neglecting female representation in the MCU for so long, they really have to get it right, but I have a feeling this isn't going to be as good as what Patty Jenkins did with Wonder Woman.
  • The whiny fanboy inside me is still miffed that Katee Sackhoff didn't get the part. I mean, she already proved that she can play a character that was basically "What if Carol Danvers didn't have superpowers and was an even bigger asshole?" Every time I see Bree Larson in those trailers, it just doesn't look like she's comfortable doing a physical action role like Katee was doing Starbuck.

Avengers 4 was expected today, but now delayed due to the late President Bushs’ death.

Eh, why bother making a trailer? After Avengers 3, they know everyone and their mother is going to go see it just to find out how things get resolved.

Wouldn’t it be great if that happened? Just a poster maybe with the date, but no title as well?

Also Spider-Man: Far from Home is expected over the weekend.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA6hldpSTF8&index=58&list=PLRY4gDaUzi_VCxGgTQjtCtJu8GZ1ALTC1&t=0s[/YOUTUBE]

It's out, and it feels... average.

In part it's to be expected, people would always invent their ideal trailer - one that the real trailer would have hell of a time to top.
I guess the Infinity War trailers weren't that great either, which worked out fine.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA6hldpSTF8&index=58&list=PLRY4gDaUzi_VCxGgTQjtCtJu8GZ1ALTC1&t=0s[/YOUTUBE]

It's out, and it feels... average.

In part it's to be expected, people would always invent their ideal trailer - one that the real trailer would have hell of a time to top.
I guess the Infinity War trailers weren't that great either, which worked out fine.

Honestly, I like this trailer, mostly because of what it doesn't show.

I'm getting tired of trailers that give away previews of key action scenes, which takes away much of the wow-factor once you're in the theater.

[YOUTUBE]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8xkQoH8QbVs[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe trailers should be like the first minute of Ropes trailer. None of that first minute of footage appears in the movie.

[YOUTUBE]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8xkQoH8QbVs[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe trailers should be like the first minute of Ropes trailer. None of that first minute of footage appears in the movie.

It's been a long-standing practice to use deleted scenes in trailers. They still do that.

12 Days of Deadpool

[YOUTUBE]7aGXNQ-3EQc[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not certain if a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 is a good idea, but they're putting some real effort into it, as well as into the marketing.

Although the above clip demonstrates something very important. Defending Nickelback is arguably far more obscene than any amount of nudity, graphic violence, or swear words.

[youtube]dt5g5_1cKVk[/youtube]

I admit that I never read the Hellboy comic book and was never really a fan, but this trailer seems to have a delightful blend of funny and horrible. Is that right? Is that how the source material is supposed to be?

New TV show: Miracle Workers

[YOUTUBE]pBVqgz0a4Kc[/YOUTUBE]

They portray God and heaven as incompetent and out of touch. This is clearly the most sensible resolution to the Problem of Evil, and the show looks utterly hilarious. Bonus: the usual religious extremists are going to be enraged by this.

I admit that I never read the Hellboy comic book and was never really a fan, but this trailer seems to have a delightful blend of funny and horrible. Is that right? Is that how the source material is supposed to be?

Yes. The Hellboy comics have always been primarily horror and mystery with Hellboy himself providing comedic relief, and just a touch of the superhero genre. The Del Toro films de-emphasized the horror aspect, and gave Hellboy more of a superhero vibe than in the comics. They were good movies, especially the first, but I am excited to see the darker aspects of Hellboy getting some love with this reboot.

Yes. The Hellboy comics have always been primarily horror and mystery with Hellboy himself providing comedic relief, and just a touch of the superhero genre. The Del Toro films de-emphasized the horror aspect, and gave Hellboy more of a superhero vibe than in the comics. They were good movies, especially the first, but I am excited to see the darker aspects of Hellboy getting some love with this reboot.

Looks like they made some major changes in the facial prosthetics.

Back
Top Bottom