• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

George Zimmerman got punched in the face...

They way to cope with being hated is usually to lay low, and not call attention to yourself. Bragging to complete strangers about the thing everyone hates you for is probably not the best way to avoid the hatred manifesting itself in violence.

Or that he isn't very worried about it.

Or, it's all he has. It's easy to see he doesn't worry about it, but that would require more self awareness and less self delusion than George has ever demonstrated.

Or that he isn't very worried about it.

Or, it's all he has. It's easy to see he doesn't worry about it, but that would require more self awareness and less self delusion than George has ever demonstrated.

We don't know how he feels. He could be hiding it or he could feel that he did the right thing that night.

We don't know how he feels. He could be hiding it or he could feel that he did the right thing that night.
I'm not ashamed of my military service by any means, but I don't typically introduce myself to strangers as a guy that pointed nuclear weapons at my own planet.
I'm aware that some people take offense at that sort of thing.

George seems to feel that his having taken a life, justified in his mind or not, is appropriate fodder as an ice-breaker. I'd say that goes a long way towards telling us how he feels.

I'm not ashamed of my military service by any means, but I don't typically introduce myself to strangers as a guy that pointed nuclear weapons at my own planet.

George seems to feel that his having taken a life, justified in his mind or not, is appropriate fodder as an ice-breaker. I'd say that goes a long way towards telling us how he feels.

Yes. His public demeanor is that of feeling he did the right thing. But only he knows internally.

They way to cope with being hated is usually to lay low, and not call attention to yourself. Bragging to complete strangers about the thing everyone hates you for is probably not the best way to avoid the hatred manifesting itself in violence.

Sadly, I'm certain that Zimmerman gets plenty of positive feedback for his actions. Plenty.

I was thinking the same thing.

Yes. His public demeanor is that of feeling he did the right thing. But only he knows internally.

No, pretty sure that's still just a feeling.

Regardless of any internal feelings, it is an asshole move to proclaim he is happy with what he did. Or to use it as an ice-breaker. Of course, it is not news that George Zimmerman is an asshole.

He is just the kind of guy that likes to be in the news for good or bad. I just wish he would go away.

Of course he thinks he did the right thing that night. People who think they did something wrong exhibit remorse. If you want to believe Zimmerman is tortured by well hidden remorse, you're entitled to your opinion, even if there is no apparent evidence to support it.

Of course he thinks he did the right thing that night. People who think they did something wrong exhibit remorse. If you want to believe Zimmerman is tortured by well hidden remorse, you're entitled to your opinion, even if there is no apparent evidence to support it.

I don't know if he is tortured by it. No outward signs. The only person that knows is Zimmerman. People can have/show/hide remorse for all kinds of actions whether or not they thought they did it right or not.

Regardless of any internal feelings, it is an asshole move to proclaim he is happy with what he did. Or to use it as an ice-breaker. Of course, it is not news that George Zimmerman is an asshole.

Asshole yes, but there are millions of assholes in the world too. And there are probably some people on here who think some of us on the board are. Trump lovers think Hillary lovers can be that way and vice versa. It doesn't mean it's right to throw a punch or shove them because you think they are an asshole.

Asshole yes, but there are millions of assholes in the world too. And there are probably some people on here who think some of us on the board are. Trump lovers think Hillary lovers can be that way and vice versa. It doesn't mean it's right to throw a punch or shove them because you think they are an asshole.
Didn't say it was right. Assholes tend to make less sympathetic victims. While it make not have been right to punch him, Zimmerman got some cosmic justice. I will not shed any tears for Zimmerman on this one.

This is true, but if Zimmerman were carrying a pistol, the smart move would be to shoot him. If one could demonstrate prior knowledge of Zimmerman and the Martin case, a plausible case for self defense could be made.

This is true, but if Zimmerman were carrying a pistol, the smart move would be to shoot him. If one could demonstrate prior knowledge of Zimmerman and the Martin case, a plausible case for self defense could be made.

Is that a risk you would be willing to take that you could legally claim self-defense and hope for the right jury on it. I would say no, that unless you got Zimmerman to pull out his gun or punch you wouldn't have a self-defense case.

Is that a risk you would be willing to take that you could legally claim self-defense and hope for the right jury on it. I would say no, that unless you got Zimmerman to pull out his gun or punch you wouldn't have a self-defense case.

Florida's Stand Your Ground law isn't nearly that picky. All you have to do is look white and say you felt threatened and you're good to go.

That's insane. Why should I give a known killer a chance to shoot me first? This isn't a cowboy movie where I have to wait for him to draw and hope I'm faster. I'll take my chances with a jury, before I stand there and let him shoot me. We know he's capable of shooting an unarmed person, why would he hesitate to shoot first when faced with another pistol?

In any case, if I'm the only one alive to tell the story, it's my story that counts.

Florida's Stand Your Ground law isn't nearly that picky. All you have to do is look white and say you felt threatened and you're good to go.

Are you willing to test that hypothesis? The argument is that it has to be a reasonable fear. If you were right, nobody would be charged with murder and be found guilty in Florida. Is that the case?

That's insane. Why should I give a known killer a chance to shoot me first? This isn't a cowboy movie where I have to wait for him to draw and hope I'm faster. I'll take my chances with a jury, before I stand there and let him shoot me. We know he's capable of shooting an unarmed person, why would he hesitate to shoot first when faced with another pistol?

In any case, if I'm the only one alive to tell the story, it's my story that counts.

Did the guy who shot at Zimmerman win on SYG principles?

Are you willing to test that hypothesis? The argument is that it has to be a reasonable fear. If you were right, nobody would be charged with murder and be found guilty in Florida. Is that the case?

In Florida, if you are white and the other guy is black, I think that constitutes reasonable fear.

Did the guy who shot at Zimmerman win on SYG principles?

He missed, so it really doesn't matter. In addition to shooting first, you have to hit your target. That's the reason police never depend on one bullet.

Back
Top Bottom