• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

George Zimmerman got punched in the face...

Did the guy who shot at Zimmerman win on SYG principles?

He missed, so it really doesn't matter. In addition to shooting first, you have to hit your target. That's the reason police never depend on one bullet.

Even if he hit the person would still need a reasonable suspicion. So if you do shoot Zimmerman either have his gun pulled in his hands or go punch yourself a few times in the head using Zimmerman's hand.

He missed, so it really doesn't matter. In addition to shooting first, you have to hit your target. That's the reason police never depend on one bullet.

Even if he hit the person would still need a reasonable suspicion. So if you do shoot Zimmerman either have his gun pulled in his hands or go punch yourself a few times in the head using Zimmerman's hand.

Nope. All that matters is that I know who he is, and what he did. He doesn't actually have to have a gun on him, only that I believe he had a gun.

All of this depends on is my state of fear, so reasonable doesn't really enter into it.

Nope. All that matters is that I know who he is, and what he did. He doesn't actually have to have a gun on him, only that I believe he had a gun.

All of this depends on is my state of fear, so reasonable doesn't really enter into it.

Would you be willing to risk life in jail for that belief? Of course it's easy to say, but I disagree. I tried to look for the case results but we have that one guy who tried that approach and we'll see if he is found innocent from SYG.

Would you be willing to risk life in jail for that belief? Of course it's easy to say, but I disagree. I tried to look for the case results but we have that one guy who tried that approach and we'll see if he is found innocent from SYG.
Zimmerman is a proven and an unrepentent killer. You'd be risking your life if you did not defend yourself with lethal force.

Let's see what we have here.

On one hand, I have to go to court and convince a jury that a man who has already killed an unarmed minor was a threat to my life.

On the other hand, I can wait for him to shoot me, which is likely to be fatal, maybe life in a wheel chair.

Life in jail is very unlikely, as there is no evidence of premeditation on my part. I just happen to have a pistol, because I have a right to carry a firearm.

Zimmerman is a proven and an unrepentent killer. You'd be risking your life if you did not defend yourself with lethal force.

No you wouldn't be risking your life if you saw him. He's come into contact with a lot of people afterwards with no problems. You would have to show some aggressive behavior from Zimmerman or it's very risky bet.

Let's see what we have here.

On one hand, I have to go to court and convince a jury that a man who has already killed an unarmed minor was a threat to my life.

On the other hand, I can wait for him to shoot me, which is likely to be fatal, maybe life in a wheel chair.

Life in jail is very unlikely, as there is no evidence of premeditation on my part. I just happen to have a pistol, because I have a right to carry a firearm.

I disagree. If you just saw someone on the street and shot them you would be charged with attempted murder. There would have to be some type of threatening behavior by Zimmerman to justify your defense.

No you wouldn't be risking your life if you saw him. He's come into contact with a lot of people afterwards with no problems. You would have to show some aggressive behavior from Zimmerman or it's very risky bet.

What if he was carrying a can of Arizona Ice Tea and a bag of Skiddles?

Nope. If he punched you in the face you would have a case.

You aren't getting this. All that matters is my state of mind. I know George Zimmerman is a killer. If I feel threatened by his actions, it doesn't matter what his intentions may have been.

You aren't getting this. All that matters is my state of mind. I know George Zimmerman is a killer. If I feel threatened by his actions, it doesn't matter what his intentions may have been.

And if I was on the jury, that would not be a reasonable belief. So you gambling very much on a jury that agrees with you.

And if I was on the jury, that would not be a reasonable belief. So you gambling very much on a jury that agrees with you.

How much time do you think I'll have to make this decision? Should I make a list of the pros and cons? Shoot or don't shoot. If I shoot, I have a good chance of stopping the threat. If I don't shoot, I maybe killed or injured. BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Times up.

Sorry, I didn't have time to take it through the arraignment, the grand jury testimony and the trial.

The law is the law and the judge will instruct the jury as to how it applies to the case.

So based on the reasoning here. Any time that Zimmerman leaves his home anybody could call 911 and say, "Hey Zimmerman is walking on the streets, since he killed someone in the past, please arrest him and charge him now for walking on the street"

So based on the reasoning here. Any time that Zimmerman leaves his home anybody could call 911 and say, "Hey Zimmerman is walking on the streets, since he killed someone in the past, please arrest him and charge him now for walking on the street"
Walking down the street is not a crime.

I know if I saw George Zimmerman walking on the street towards me, and I recognized him, I would worry about what might happen. And, if he acted aggressively towards me, I would fear for my life. I don't carry weapons, so I don't know what I would do. And if I had to face a jury over what I did, I would be confident of being acquited.

That's a good idea. Neighborhood Watch groups should have his photograph and be informed when he is in the vicinity.

No you wouldn't be risking your life if you saw him. He's come into contact with a lot of people afterwards with no problems.
And lots of other people who he has hit and/or threatened

For that matter, Zimmerman had come into contact with a lot of people prior to his murder of Trayvon Martin, with no problems. Of course, there were some problems with some people prior to that fatal night. Zimmerman had a history of violent behavior. And of course, also a history of violent behavior after the Martin murder.

I don't think so. Zimmerman's record is replete with dangerous behavior. I don't think it would take much to convince one juror of your innocence.

Back
Top Bottom