• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Georgia's new guidelines for hair salons

Seasonal flu is both less contagious and less deadly.

Not really.

Seasonal flu is well known and predictable enough that we don't have to worry about hospitals being overwhelmed and running out of respirators and masks. They pretty much know what to expect and know that seasonal flu is not likely to break the healthcare system. Also, vaccines are available for seasonal flu.

Again, not really.

Stay home if you are so worried.

I do stay home, but it's not just me I worry about! I know right wing authoritarian sociopaths don't understand that, though.

I do stay home, but it's not just me I worry about! I know right wing authoritarian sociopaths don't understand that, though.

LOL, my irony meter just blew up.

It's obviously not working to begin with. But again, considering the well being of other people outside the ideological crazy bubble isn't part of the right wing cognitive repertoire. So it's not really ironic that you say, "ooh ironiez." It's just because you actually have nothing else so it's just stupid grasping.

You should stay home until a vaccine is found.

Tens of thousands of people die from flu or flu related illness EVERY year in the USA. How worried about that were you before this year ?
Tens of thousands of people died of Covid-19 in APRIL which is roughly 1/12 of a year, which includes severe measures to shutdown the country to prevent further spread. Just assuming a constant trend, it'd kill half a million in a year. So enough of the "but, the flu" bullshit.

Tens of thousands of people die from flu or flu related illness EVERY year in the USA. How worried about that were you before this year ?
Tens of thousands of people died of Covid-19 in APRIL which is roughly 1/12 of a year, which includes severe measures to shutdown the country to prevent further spread. Just assuming a linear trend, it'd kill half a million in a year. So enough of the "but, the flu" bullshit.

TSwizzle probably thinks McDonald's can sell a million burgers from one drive thru. After all, they sell billions every year, so what's the problem?

Tens of thousands of people died of Covid-19 in APRIL which is roughly 1/12 of a year, which includes severe measures to shutdown the country to prevent further spread. Just assuming a constant trend, it'd kill half a million in a year. So enough of the "but, the flu" bullshit.

"Tens of thousands of people died of Covid-19" ? That's nonsense.

It's obviously not working to begin with. But again, considering the well being of other people outside the ideological crazy bubble isn't part of the right wing cognitive repertoire. So it's not really ironic that you say, "ooh ironiez." It's just because you actually have nothing else so it's just stupid grasping.

You're the one that demands people stay at home and I'm the authoritarian ?

Quite frankly and at risk of another warning, I think you are an unhinged lunatic so from now on I will be ignoring your posts. Apparently I cannot put mods on ignore but you will not get any further response from me.

Quite frankly and at risk of another warning, I think you are an unhinged lunatic so from now on I will be ignoring your posts. Apparently I cannot put mods on ignore but you will not get any further response from me.

That usually happens when you run out of pissy things to say and lack any facts to back up your inane statements.

People just need to wear masks. Can't spread it to someone through a mask. If you could spread it with a mask, they wouldn't recommend wearing a mask.

Common sense 101.

As I've stated before, grocery workers and other workers have been working through this whole thing no problem. Open up the country and just have everyone wear masks. Very simple. Unless you're saying masks are useless? Then why are we wearing them now?

Masks are not useless, depending on the type of mask and how well the wearer uses them and a host of other variables, including the material a mask is made from. For instance, one very popular pattern for a new sew mask uses a clean sock.

Here's something else you can do with a clean sock:

So maybe socks don't make very good masks.

Also, cutting hair involves the operator being extremely close to the client's face--definitely sharing germs even if wearing masks, which is not very convenient for hair styling.

I was at the grocery store the other day and a guy next to me sneezed right into his mask. It was just on his face. He didn't remove the mask or anything. Just let out a full blown sneeze.

I highly doubt that got through to me, and that's a sneeze! We're just talking about cutting hair with no sneezing.

And grocery store workers and other fast food workers don't stand 6 feet apart from one another. You would expect to see every grocery store in America shutting down because of the spread of the employees always being around each other. But, it doesn't happen. They are still open and working. Makes you think it's not as bad as the media says.

It can be done!

Some of that sneeze got through the mask unless perhaps it was an N95 one. Not to alarm you and not to blame the guy. Sneezes happen to everyone, sometimes unexpectedly. They don't always carry particles filled with virus responsible for a pandemic.

When I get my hair cut or when my husband gets his hair cut, the person cutting the hair is of a necessity quite close to the client, including over their face--which may or may not be contaminated with virus. Either person could sneeze. Absolutely it will happen. Of course all salon operators/barbers are well acquainted with keeping their equipment clean and free of anything transmittable to themselves or the next client. But anybody can sneeze. and anybody: client, barber, etc. can be unknowingly infected.

Of course everyone hopes that the grocery stores won't shut down. But in my area, most have shields between the cashiers and the customers, sanitizers at the entrance, and almost everybody, including store employees, are practicing social distancing.

Your post makes me think that you really use poor news sources. People are dying. Little babies, small children, healthy young adults, old people. It's not an exaggeration. And if it resolves sooner than predicted, with fewer illnesses and deaths? That doesn't mean it wasn't serious: it means the precautions taken worked.

Oh, for fuck's sake! No one's demanding you stay home because they are authoritarian. I don't give a flying fuck what you do. No one wants to control you unduly except the deranged and incompetent authoritarian government you insist on defending for some reason.

You know the fucking reason everyone should stay home, and it's not your right wing persecution fantasy.

If life frightens you so much, stay home.

It's people like you that frighten me, not life.
That is hilarious.
Used to verify the sub's water-tight integrity, not because i FEARED the ocean, i just had a pretty good idea that it would be a bad fucking idea to dive with the hatch open. Seems like an easy step to avoid some avoidable consequences...

All your years hauling around those bottles of sunshine has left you far too cautious for the real world! If you had been a real man you would fired your communications bird at that bat cave near Wuhan. You could have MacGyvered a heat shield and terminal guidance unit for it!

Oh, for fuck's sake! No one's demanding you stay home because they are authoritarian. I don't give a flying fuck what you do. No one wants to control you unduly except the deranged and incompetent authoritarian government you insist on defending for some reason.

You know the fucking reason everyone should stay home, and it's not your right wing persecution fantasy.

It’s all part of my right-wing persecution fantasy.

It’s all part of my right-wing victim dream...

Flu generally only kills those in pretty poor shape anyway. This kills people with fairly minor health issues.

Flu generally only kills those in pretty poor shape anyway. This kills people with fairly minor health issues.

And has killed young, fit people with no known health issues. And people who get it often are left with respiratory problems for possibly the rest of their lives.

Is 50,000 not tens of thousands?

And note that this is an undercount, people who aren't in the hospital aren't tested. New York alone is seeing a couple hundred excess at-home deaths per day.

Can you hear that second wave building?

Maybe we'll get that second wave so that school can't start in the fall.

Darn -- I was looking forward to Corona Era Contact Sports.
PPE Football: Played with a net 53 yds. wide, on the 50 yard line. Volleyball rules apply.
PPE Wrestling: Arm wrestling with neoprene gloves. Leg wrestling with vinyl biking tights.
PPE Basketball: Free throws only, using a potato gun with a widened barrel. Dribbling may be a sign of the virus; therefore, banned.
PPE Soccer: No hand, foot, leg, torso, or head contact with the ball allowed. Go home and cry in your near-beer.
PPE Baseball: All players must wear WHO-approved catcher's masks. Basemen must stand at least 6 feet from the base. Pitchers must flatten the curve of their curveballs. All hits are fair if ump's temp. is over 99.2. Outfield is instructed to watch and track ball only. Collect it in a sterile bag and it may return home in two weeks.

Oh that's right. I forgot you are just wasting our time.

Just like tens of thousands die of "the flu" every year.

The number of people that "died of covid 19" is not being reported correctly.

Someone hit by a car, tested positive for covid ? Add that to the covid deaths. Yes a bit of hyperbole on my part in that example but the true number of deaths from covid are nowhere near what the MSM are reporting. The vast majority of deaths are in the very elderly and those people with at least, AT LEAST one underlying health condition. And I know you are already aware of that but you persist with nonsense so it is you who is just wasting your own time so don't complain to me about it.

Oh that's right. I forgot you are just wasting our time.

Just like tens of thousands die of "the flu" every year.

The number of people that "died of covid 19" is not being reported correctly.

Someone hit by a car, tested positive for covid ? Add that to the covid deaths. Yes a bit of hyperbole on my part in that example but the true number of deaths from covid are nowhere near what the MSM are reporting. The vast majority of deaths are in the very elderly and those people with at least, AT LEAST one underlying health condition. And I know you are already aware of that but you persist with nonsense so it is you who is just wasting your own time so don't complain to me about it.

As has been said ad nauseam for weeks, none of us knows anything for sure. Most of us err on the side of caution and protecting lives while others err on the side of unwarranted certainty and supporting the interests of the rich and powerful.

Back
Top Bottom