• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Georgia's new guidelines for hair salons

In California more than 40% of the “Covid deaths” reported have occurred in care homes. Meanwhile, Newsom has the police tape off horse trails and bans people sitting on the beach and Mayor Garcetti fills skate parks with sand, prevents mobile dog groomers from making a living, scolds golfers out on the links and wants people to rat out their neighbors for leaving the house or having people over.

So, 40%+ of deaths in care homes but folks lose their shit when someone wants a haircut ?

This lockdown is now irrational and in no way based on science.

The number of people that "died of covid 19" is not being reported correctly.
Then how do you know the number is too high and not too low?

Someone hit by a car, tested positive for covid ? Add that to the covid deaths. Yes a bit of hyperbole on my part in that example but the true number of deaths from covid are nowhere near what the MSM are reporting.
So you just tossed the bullshit out there for fun then.
The vast majority of deaths are in the very elderly and those people with at least, AT LEAST one underlying health condition. And I know you are already aware of that but you persist with nonsense so it is you who is just wasting your own time so don't complain to me about it.
Having a "preexisting condition" is not akin to "on death bed". If you have lymphoma, you have a preexisting condition and can live for a long time. Lots of people with respiratory conditions, but able to live a full life. They are vulnerable, not half way into the casket.

Right now, 6 to 8% of people in their 60s need to be hospitalized. 1 to 2% of those in the 20s need to be hospitalized. You add those numbers up, it is around 7 million beds in the hospital, assuming we go the alt-right path to just say "fuck it" and let everyone get it. That ignores all of the actual elderly too, who could have years left.

Seriously, people who are thinking like you are just awful people, worse than deplorable, but you go right on and pretend you are a victim. You folk love doing that shit.

In California more than 40% of the “Covid deaths” reported have occurred in care homes. Meanwhile, Newsom has the police tape off horse trails and bans people sitting on the beach and Mayor Garcetti fills skate parks with sand, prevents mobile dog groomers from making a living, scolds golfers out on the links and wants people to rat out their neighbors for leaving the house or having people over.

So, 40%+ of deaths in care homes but folks lose their shit when someone wants a haircut ?

So, people in care facilities' lives don't matter? What's this scare quote around their 'covid deaths?'

Apparently the other 60 percent of the Covid deaths (or are these also 'Covid deaths' in your expert opinion) also don't matter as much as golfing or dog grooming. Or some people's inability to find ways to amuse themselves at home alone. Despite having an internet connection and one assumes, cable tv.

Then how do you know the number is too high and not too low?

So you just tossed the bullshit out there for fun then.
The vast majority of deaths are in the very elderly and those people with at least, AT LEAST one underlying health condition. And I know you are already aware of that but you persist with nonsense so it is you who is just wasting your own time so don't complain to me about it.
Having a "preexisting condition" is not akin to "on death bed". If you have lymphoma, you have a preexisting condition and can live for a long time. Lots of people with respiratory conditions, but able to live a full life. They are vulnerable, not half way into the casket.

Right now, 6 to 8% of people in their 60s need to be hospitalized. 1 to 2% of those in the 20s need to be hospitalized. You add those numbers up, it is around 7 million beds in the hospital, assuming we go the alt-right path to just say "fuck it" and let everyone get it. That ignores all of the actual elderly too, who could have years left.

Seriously, people who are thinking like you are just awful people, worse than deplorable, but you go right on and pretend you are a victim. You folk love doing that shit.

Yeah, some of those pre-existing conditions including being an infant or young child. They die, as well.

But wth, T is bored.

People just need to wear masks. Can't spread it to someone through a mask. If you could spread it with a mask, they wouldn't recommend wearing a mask.

Common sense 101.

As I've stated before, grocery workers and other workers have been working through this whole thing no problem. Open up the country and just have everyone wear masks. Very simple. Unless you're saying masks are useless? Then why are we wearing them now?

Masks are not useless, depending on the type of mask and how well the wearer uses them and a host of other variables, including the material a mask is made from. For instance, one very popular pattern for a new sew mask uses a clean sock.

Here's something else you can do with a clean sock:

So maybe socks don't make very good masks.

Also, cutting hair involves the operator being extremely close to the client's face--definitely sharing germs even if wearing masks, which is not very convenient for hair styling.

I was at the grocery store the other day and a guy next to me sneezed right into his mask. It was just on his face. He didn't remove the mask or anything. Just let out a full blown sneeze.

I highly doubt that got through to me, and that's a sneeze! We're just talking about cutting hair with no sneezing.

And grocery store workers and other fast food workers don't stand 6 feet apart from one another. You would expect to see every grocery store in America shutting down because of the spread of the employees always being around each other. But, it doesn't happen. They are still open and working. Makes you think it's not as bad as the media says.

It can be done!

This illustration might help you understand.

cough.jpg

Rational people understand that the lockdown has served its purpose, in most areas, New York being the outlier. To continue the lockdown is irrational and counterproductive now.

Of course you will.

Because you don't have the right to recklessly endanger other's lives, no matter how little you care about them.

You (and the MSM media) project this thing like leaving your house is a potential death sentence to everyone around you. That is irrational. The vast, VAST majority of people that contract the virus recover easily.

Stay home fella, there's a lot can go wrong if you leave the house.

You have it backward. If there is one place in the USA that needs three lockdown least to continue, it's New York. We don't know the exact numbers of people who got infected there, nor how reliably an infection grants immunity, but with any luck enough people have already been infected and are now immune, that ending the lockdown wouldn't result in a new wave burning through the population like a wildfire. In every other part of the country, it definitely would.

"Tens of thousands of people died of Covid-19" ? That's nonsense.

Is 50,000 not tens of thousands?

And note that this is an undercount, people who aren't in the hospital aren't tested. New York alone is seeing a couple hundred excess at-home deaths per day.

They started counting those, I think. Remember that day new deaths in the US spiked at over 6000, April 14 I think? That's when New York retroactively added 3800 at home deaths with COVID-19 as "probable cause", ie where the physician wrote it in the death certificate based in symptoms but without a test.

Oh that's right. I forgot you are just wasting our time.

Just like tens of thousands die of "the flu" every year.

Someone hit by a car, tested positive for covid ? Add that to the covid deaths. Yes a bit of hyperbole on my part in that example but the true number of deaths from covid are nowhere near what the MSM are reporting. The vast majority of deaths are in the very elderly and those people with at least, AT LEAST one underlying health condition. And I know you are already aware of that but you persist with nonsense so it is you who is just wasting your own time so don't complain to me about it.

So all those 70-year old diabetics and 60 year old overweight patients with hypertension who otherwise would have had a life expectancy of 15 more years at least just conspired to all drop dead within weeks, bringing New York's total daily deaths to 4v times its normal value, but they died of hypertension and diabetes?

So, people in care facilities' lives don't matter?

That's not what I am saying. I am saying protect the vulnerable. Lockdown the care homes, they are death traps. Tackle problem that actually exists instead of hassling people at the beach or scolding people that want a haircut.

Yeah, some of those pre-existing conditions including being an infant or young child. They die, as well.

It is very, very rare that an infant or young child dies from covid. And when it does happen, that is a tragedy. But when an 80+ year old dies from a preexisting condition and complications possibly brought on by a virus, well that's a natural part of life I'm afraid.

What is the lockdown policy supposed to achieve here ? Immortality ? No, the policy is in place to prevent the health services from being overwhelmed, job done. Time to start easing up the lockdown where it makes sense.

How would you know? You're more of an expert than pandemic experts?

Actually Swiz is talking out his ass again. No way for him to know one way or the other.
What we CAN have confidence in, is that CASES are under-reported due in large part to Cheato's aversion to facts and therefore to testing.
The results of the random testing in NY State indicate that cases are probably at least 10x what's being reported and morbidity is less than a tenth of what the reported stats indicate.
But Swiz is way off base claiming that they shutdown is unwarranted, unless he has developed a liking for the smell of rotting human flesh.

Georgia's new guidelines for hair salons

They just had a guy on Fox News being interviewed by Hannity. He was saying, "Trump built beds in record time. Andrew Cuomo has praised the President's response. Even the governor of California has said that Trump was always there on the phone when he needed him to be. 0 deaths in the U.S. when Trump enacted the travel ban from China."

When will the TDS stop? Trump has done than the fake news says. Remember Pelosi was suggesting on Feb 27 that we should all go to Chinatown and have a parade. Fauci told us on March 9 that we can go party on cruise ships if we're healthy.

But yep, EVERYONE else knew of the problem except for Trump!

TDS is only invalid if Trump isn't deranged. Since you believe that he isn't deranged I would like you to defend the proposition that the idea of injecting disinfectant into the bodies of people with COVID-19 is not the product of a deranged mind. That because Trump's uncle was a professor at MIT it gives him a greater insight into the medical solutions than the professionals in the field of study.

I think that Trump is taking way to much hydroxychloroquine.

That Pelosi went to Chinatown and said that we should have a parade, or as Trump said, a street party and a street fair, are lies told by Trump to try to defect away the blame for the poor performance of Trump himself and his administration in the run up to the pandemic. Here is the fact checker article on these lies from Trump. Fox News is repeating these lies. Why do you trust them?

Pelosi didn't deny that the virus was coming. The day after she went to Chinatown she tweeted,

Americans need a coordinated, fully-funded, whole-of-government response to keep them and their loved ones safe. The President’s request for coronavirus response funding is long overdue and completely inadequate to the scale of this emergency.
She was right.

At the same time Trump was still saying that things were okay. He tweeted, on the same day,

CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus, including the very early closing of our borders to certain areas of the world. It was opposed by the Dems, “too soon”, but turned out to be the correct decision. No matter how well we do, however, the.....
He was wrong.

The very next day the CDC announced the first possible community transmission of COVID-19 negating any advantage from closing the borders to people coming from China. As if he had actually stopped people entering the US from China. The exceptions to the Trump border closing executive order let more than 40,000 people enter the US from China under the "closed" borders.

Trump is desperate to blame anyone than himself for the rather poor performance of his administration. But the bottom line is that with the exception of Brazil, Italy and Spain, the other countries run by the far right, every government in the world did a better job of preparing than the Trump administration did. You can see this in the large number of deaths that we had in the US from COVID-19.

This means that Trump caused more deaths and a far greater amount of destruction to the economy than Bush II did with the World Trade Center bombing, the wars started by mistake, the Katina fiasco, and the Bush Deregulation Great Recession combined.

When will you start to question if conservatives can run the government?

To me it just confirms my position that I would never vote for people to run the government who say that government doesn't work. Would you recommend that the board of directors of IBM hire a CEO who believes that computers don't work and have no future?

Yes, Dr. Fauci lied about the advisability of going on a cruise. That just adds to the blood on the hands of the tragically incompetent Trump administration. It just shows us that if Trump can't appoint a lying incompetent to a position, i.e. Brian Harrison, the dog breeder he put in charge of the administration's efforts to develop tests for COVID-19, he turns the hold-overs into into lying incompetents, like he is.

As always, Trump has turned a reasonable proposition, that we have plan for getting the economy restarted, into a partisan issue to rile up his base for what he incorrectly sees as his political benefit. He is trying to replay the 2016 election because this is all he knows, this time with cry's of "lock him up" directed to Biden and a hyper-partisan electoral college and minority popular vote victory.

This thread belongs in the Smithsonian.
Years from now, people will be asking (like they have done re Hitler ever since WWII) how Americans could possibly be so stupid as to not recognize the idiocy and malevolence of someone so obviously stupid and malevolent as Trump.
All you'd have to do would be to show them the responses in this thread by the trumpsuckers (and the "I'm not a trumpsucker"s) in this thread and they'd know - it's because there were a lot of really really stupid people who supported him, and a considerable number of people who voted for him out of sheer avarice.

The problem with restarting the economy has always been to overcome the fear of the people to come out of their homes and to go back to work and back to the restaurants, the bars, the shops, etc. Trump has made this much harder by turning this into a partisan issue for the benefit of one man, Trump himself.

We do have to reopen the economy and the sooner we can do it the better. The question that we need to answer is what basis we use to decide when, how, and where to do it. On one side of the now partisan issue we have the idea that we should reopen the economy to improve Trump's virtually non-existent chance of reelection. On the other that we should listen to the public health professionals.

As we learn more about the disease we are better able to decide how we can safely reopen the economy. And what we now know is encouraging. Random studies involving testing the population as a whole have consistently shown that 14% of the population has been exposed to the virus. This is good news. It means that we have been living with the virus for much longer than we previously believed.

If Trump hadn't poisoned the well by turning this into a partisan issue to cleanse him of the blame for the poor preparedness for the pandemic, and the lack of leadership after it hit, and the search for others to blame, we might be further along convincing people to that we can reopen the economy safely.

You pro-Trump partisans don't want to hear this but Trump country is not the economy. 70% of the economy is generated in the urban areas that have been hardest hit by the pandemic and the suburban areas that have been the direct witnesses to the horrors in their cities on their nightly news. These are the anti-Trump areas of the country. And they are becoming more anti-Trump with every two hour long demonstration of Trump becoming more unhinged.

The only sane way that we could have faced this crisis and come out of it in the best possible shape would have been to come together as a nation and to face it together. Trump's "its my way or the highway," and the inbred, tragic incompetence of the movement conservatives with whom he has filled the government made this impossible.

So, people in care facilities' lives don't matter?

That's not what I am saying. I am saying protect the vulnerable. Lockdown the care homes, they are death traps. Tackle problem that actually exists instead of hassling people at the beach or scolding people that want a haircut.

coronavirus-fails20.jpg

Back to Georgia, the opening is going to hurt, not help workers and small businesses.

94574177_3095731390457989_4944171136301662208_n.jpg

Attachments

• 94228610_2280529195589955_7751962837345370112_n.jpg
    94228610_2280529195589955_7751962837345370112_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1
Oh that's right. I forgot you are just wasting our time.

Just like tens of thousands die of "the flu" every year.

Someone hit by a car, tested positive for covid ? Add that to the covid deaths. Yes a bit of hyperbole on my part in that example but the true number of deaths from covid are nowhere near what the MSM are reporting. The vast majority of deaths are in the very elderly and those people with at least, AT LEAST one underlying health condition. And I know you are already aware of that but you persist with nonsense so it is you who is just wasting your own time so don't complain to me about it.

That's not how it works. What is actually going on is that doctors list the underlying cause of death as well as what actually killed the patient. (Although they don't always bother to figure out exactly what killed them when the death was expected anyway.) They aren't going to list a car accident death as Covid-19, but Covid-19 deaths are often due to multiple organ failure--the exact cause of the death will be an organ failure but the bug is the real cause.

And you need to define "vast majority" and "very elderly" as your claim doesn't seem right.

I do agree on underlying health conditions--but an awful lot of people have underlying conditions. About 30% of the population has high blood pressure. 10% have diabetes.

There's also the problem that if you get a heavy viral load you're risking death even if you're healthy.

Those idiots crowding the trails spread the disease so those nursing homes get infected.

Back
Top Bottom