• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Giuliani Sued for Sexual Assault

Copernicus

Industrial Grade Linguist
Basic Beliefs
Atheist humanist
Here is the news story from The Hill:

Rudy Giuliani sued for $10 million over sexual assault allegations

And here is the official complaint:

650033_2023_Noelle_Dunphy_v_Rudolph_W_Giuliani_et_al_COMPLAINT_10.pdf

This is a fairly explosive lawsuit, not just for the charges against Giuliani, but for the possibility that it involves a charge that Giuliani sold pardons for a fee that he split with Donald Trump:

132. He also asked Ms. Dunphy if she knew anyone in need of a pardon, telling her that he was selling pardons for $2 million, which he and President Trump would split. He told Ms. Dunphy that she could refer individuals seeking pardons to him, so long as they did not go through “the normal channels” of the Office of the Pardon Attorney, because correspondence going to that office would be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.

Apparently, she had access to a lot of confidential information from Giuliani's office, when he was working on behalf of Donald Trump as his attorney, including emails. I don't know how damning the information is or whether it can be used in evidence, but this is certain to add to Trump's legal woes and have political implications, as well. Stay tuned.

Brian Tyler Cohen' take on this

I hope he and Glenn Kirschner talk about this. That will be a wild conversation.

During February 2019, Giuliani’s habit of calling her obsessively continued, including approximately 34 calls on February 1, 2019, 19 calls on February 2, 2019, 44 calls on February 5, 2019, 32 calls on February 6, 2019, 28 calls on February 7, 2019, 36 calls on February 11, 2019, 50 calls on February 12, 2019, 53 calls on February 13, 2019, and 10 calls on February 14, 2019.

I need a shower just reading this. Fucking hell.

I need a shower just reading this. Fucking hell.

I'm reading through some of the sexual assault allegations, and trying to figure out how an attorney - let alone an adult of Rudy's age - would think this stuff was appropriate at work. Or...anywhere.

He's fucking 30 years older than this woman, and her employer. And this stuff happened in the midst of the "me too" movement. How...just...how does someone who's survived over 70 years on this planet not get it?

I mean, last week at work I was joking around with the watch officer after I'd mitigated some potentially disastrous situations. She was singing my praises and saying "that's my savior right there" and "this is my guy" and I'm thinking "careful...Icarus. You need to keep this from getting even remotely flirtatious" (because she's decades younger and attractive). "Gods I hope she doesn't think I was hitting on her because that would be wrong."

Rudy? "I've got a million dollars and a penis!"

What the actual fuck?

Ewwwww! Creepy! One would hope Rudy will now be shunned and will now just go away, shut up and retire from anything public except any remaining lawsuits.

This case is a real bombshell, because it involves witnesses, recordings of Giuliani saying incriminating things, and thousands of emails that were sent to him from a lot of people in the Trump administration and associated with it. It may contain emails that had been destroyed by others as part of a coverup, so state and federal prosecutors are all but certain to be combing through all of the allegations in the complaint, which is relatively minor compared to what may be coming. Lawrence O'Donnell did a long segment on this on Monday, May 15. He interviewed the lawyer who filed the complaint and detailed some of the damning evidence.

The complaint is a long read, but the content is well worth looking at. Probably not suitable for minors, however.

It really does put this:

giulianihand.jpg

...into a completely different context.

It really does put this:

Is that the Sasha Baron Cohen thing, where Giuliani went to a hotel room with someone who said they were underage?

Being a pervert puts you in the Trump camp. Being totally corrupt puts you in the Trump camp.
Being a totally corrupt pervert qualifies you for a leadership position in the Trump camp.

Wow. I wonder if there is evidence of an actually sold pardon. I mean, yes, pardons at the end of a term are generally suspicious, but usually the politicians are smart enough to cover it up.

After all the whining Limbaugh didn't about the Rich pardon, I can only imagine he is rolling in his grave.

It really does put this:

Is that the Sasha Baron Cohen thing, where Giuliani went to a hotel room with someone who said they were underage?
Yep

The actress did not say she was underage, but Sasha Baron Cohen said that he was worried the the scene would get worse. So he rushed into the room and shouted that she was underage to stop Giuliani at a point where they could still show the clip in the movie.

It really does put this:

Yep
I mean...

Is the context all that impactful.

To me it was "lecherous old man goes to a hotel room with a little girl and then falls into a practiced grooming procedure.
It really does put this:

Yep

The actress did not say she was underage, but Sasha Baron Cohen said that he was worried the the scene would get worse. So he rushed into the room and shouted that she was underage to stop Giuliani at a point where they could still show the clip in the movie.
You're not really offering much in the way of substantive challenge to the idea that Giuliani is a disgusting letch.

I am not sure if you are attempting to offer such, but without a statement saying "this doesn't change much, but...", It comes off a bit confrontational against the point I'm trying to make: that Giuliani is a disgusting letch and it is shown clearly in years-old video documentation.

I admit to having the details confused, but the point stands that Giuliani is a disgusting letch and is on camera as being a disgusting letch.

It'd been interesting... if Cohen could have been liable for facilitating a crime had Giuliani been left to his own devices.

It really does put this:

Yep
I mean...

Is the context all that impactful.

To me it was "lecherous old man goes to a hotel room with a little girl and then falls into a practiced grooming procedure.
It really does put this:

Yep

You're not really offering much in the way of substantive challenge to the idea that Giuliani is a disgusting letch.
I don't think he is arguing as such. Just a minor fact check.

Yo! In the hood if you're accused of sexual assault you're arrested and charged then have to prove the accusation is bullshit. In happy go lucky land you just wait to get sued.

It'd been interesting... if Cohen could have been liable for facilitating a crime had Giuliani been left to his own devices.
Cohen has to be thinking "I gave Trump the best years of my life, went to prison for what I did, and this guy is my replacement? And he's still a free man?"

I don't know much about Giuliani, he was very highly thought of after 911 I think and I see headlines about him being a bit of a douche but really, this Dunphy chick goes along with giving blowjobs to this fat old geezer for a job she wasn't even getting paid for? Now she's trying to get $10m? Sounds fishy to me.

It really does put this:

Yep

I am not sure if you are attempting to offer such, but without a statement saying "this doesn't change much, but...", It comes off a bit confrontational against the point I'm trying to make: that Giuliani is a disgusting letch and it is shown clearly in years-old video documentation.

I admit to having the details confused, but the point stands that Giuliani is a disgusting letch and is on camera as being a disgusting letch.

Jimmy Higgins got it exactly. I saw an interview with Sasha Baron Cohen, where he corrected the record and explained exactly how that scene came about. He had not expected Giuliani to flop himself down on the bed and start masturbating, so he had to improvise to get the guy to stop. Nobody here is arguing that Giuliani isn't a lecherous old creep, except maybe TSwizzle, who will only grudgingly admit that he has seen headlines of Giuliani being "a bit of a douche". That must have been painful for him to admit, but I'm sure we all appreciate the effort.

Nobody here is arguing that Giuliani isn't a lecherous old creep, except maybe TSwizzle, who will only grudgingly admit that he has seen headlines of Giuliani being "a bit of a douche". That must have been painful for him to admit, but I'm sure we all appreciate the effort.

I live in California, I don't hear much about Giuliani. You make reference to Sasha Baron Cohen and Giuliani, I've not seen that clip but I will try to see it.

I read much of the complaint and Giuliani may well be creepy af (and a raging alcoholic) but I am skeptical that this woman went along with giving the fat old geezer blowjobs and now tries to sue him for $10m. WTF is she thinking?

Imma keep it 100 wit yawl. If my boss put me in a position that I felt I needed to perform sexual favors to keep my job I'd be gone ASAP. I wouldn't even give them two weeks notice. If anything I'd be in jail for putting that MF in the hospital.

Reactions: WAB
Back
Top Bottom