• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good Bye, Tucker. And don't let the door hit you in the ass.

“One of the first things you realize when you step outside the noise for a few days is how many genuinely nice people there are in this country,” Carlson started. “Kind and decent people, people who really care about what’s true. And a bunch of hilarious people, also. A lot of those. It’s gotta be the majority of the population, even now. So that’s heartening.”
He continued, “The other thing you notice when you take a little time off is how unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television are. They’re completely irrelevant. They mean nothing. In five years, we won’t even remember that we had them. Trust me, as someone who has participated. And then at the same time, and this is the amazing thing, the undeniably big topics, the ones that will define our future, get virtually no discussion at all. War. Civil liberties. Emerging science. Demographic change. Corporate power. Natural resources. When was the last time you heard a legitimate debate about any of those issues? It’s been a long time. Debates like that are not permitted in American media.”
Though he never addressed Fox News directly, Carlson finished his statement by saying that America’s “current orthodoxies won’t last” and there “aren’t many places left” where one can find “Americans saying true things.”
“Both political parties, and their donors, have reached consensus on what benefits them, and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it. Suddenly, the United States looks very much like a one-party state. That’s a depressing realization, but it’s not permanent. Our current orthodoxies won’t last. They’re brain dead. Nobody actually believes them. Hardly anyone’s life is improved by them. This moment is too inherently ridiculous to continue. And so it won’t,” Carlson said. “The people in charge know this; that’s why they’re hysterical and aggressive. They’re afraid. They’ve given up persuasion, they’re resorting to force. But it won’t work. When honest people say what’s true, calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful. At the same time, the liars, who have been trying to silence them, shrink and they become weaker. That’s the iron law of the universe. True things prevail. Where can you still find Americans saying true things? There aren’t many places left, but there are some. And that’s enough. As long as you can hear the words, there is hope. See you soon.”
How will the world ever replace every single irony meter on the planet?
Nothing vague about that. Written by a fascist think tank and barfed out by Tucker. The message is playing well with my conservative acquaintances that insist that he was taken out by TPTB because he dared speak the truth; not because he named names in the lies and left a trail of obvious “knew or should have known” messages that made the reporting easily proved defamation. See if you defame somebody and they prove it; they are persecuting you for the twoof.

REDACTED PORTION OF EXHIBIT 276​

Tucker Carlson January 7, 2021 — 04:18:04 PM UTC
A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living shit out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?

For years, Mr. Carlson espoused views on his show that amplified the ideology of white nationalism. But the text message revealed more about his views on racial superiority.

The text alarmed the Fox board, which saw the message a day before Fox was set to defend itself against Dominion Voting Systems before a jury. The board grew concerned that the message could become public at trial when Mr. Carlson was on the stand, creating a sensational and damaging moment that would raise broader questions about the company.

The day after the discovery, the board told Fox executives it was bringing in an outside law firm to conduct an investigation into Mr. Carlson’s conduct.

The text message added to a growing number of internal issues involving Mr. Carlson that led the company’s leadership to conclude he was more of a problem than an asset and had to go, according to several people with knowledge of the decision. In other messages he had referred to women — including a senior Fox executive — in crude and misogynistic terms. The message about the fight also played a role in the company’s decision to settle with Dominion for $787.5 million, the highest known payout in a defamation case.

A representative for Mr. Carlson said he had no comment.

The Trump asskissing may be an act, but the racism is all real. He's a true believer crusader.

Article after article is coming out with Fox News becoming alarmed or surprised by *insert something obvious about that jackass*. They are in full Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus over Tucker Carlson mode.

Article after article is coming out with Fox News becoming alarmed or surprised by *insert something obvious about that jackass*. They are in full Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus over Tucker Carlson mode.
Buy when the stock price is low. Sell when it's high. But they didn't count on forking over 800 million. Despite that they're still way ahead but worried their investment gains are about to tank.

I think a number of people may be wrong on this. There's a nuance in there.

Sure, Cucker Tarlson is a risk to capital and a giant possible gain, what with all the allegedly straight, white male conservatives who might want to hear the latest from the conservative conspiracy circle jerk club. BUT so is every single other possible replacement (and past mega-liar) they use to broadcast their propaganda. I mean, come on. It was irresponsible to have Glenn Beck crackpot making up shit. Bill O'Lielly was a less crazy, more bigoted, knowing liar who offered to massage female co-workers backs' with a dildo. It was well-known that Bill even wrote a pervy romance novel with weird panty scenes and non-consensual-but-she-really-wanted-it sex situations.

There's no magic cure for a Cucker replacement. Because you can't look at it in narrow terms of the risk he brought. ALL bigoted, conspiratorial propagandists are going to bring equal relative risk to the network.

Cucker wasn't the problem but a symptom.

I think it's safe to say that he and his ilk are at least both.
I think it's mostly symptom. He was an effective spreader of the lies but Faux obviously liked the eyeballs and at a minimum didn't care how they got it. Given how many similar positions there are at Faux I think he represented what they wanted. They would have found somebody, Faux is the important actor here.

I think it's safe to say that he and his ilk are at least both.
I think it's mostly symptom. He was an effective spreader of the lies but Faux obviously liked the eyeballs and at a minimum didn't care how they got it. Given how many similar positions there are at Faux I think he represented what they wanted. They would have found somebody, Faux is the important actor here.

I think it's an even broader phenomenon than just Fox News and Friends. Conservative ideology itself is about retention of power structures. Whiteness. Maleness. Christianity, at least in the US. Big Money. There always has been and always will be propaganda spread deliberately by those benefiting in order to trick the masses. Cucker will be replaced. If Fox went bankrupt, it'd be replaced as well with another mainstream conservative outlet.

Great galluping Cthulhu! Faux Noise is giving KeyLiely McAninny a crack at Stinky Carlson's old time slot. So much for wishing Faux might start heading towards real journalism.

Apologies to everyone in advance.

I love the irony of Tucker complaining about media providing news without context on fucking Twitter of all places. Or that Twitter believes in free speech when it censors harder than ever before. But the Q-tards and Trumpsuckers will lap this up regardless. Twitter really is Parler 2.0

According to insiders, this was caused by his criticism of Fox management in all those texts and emails. They’re not even giving him one last show to say goodbye to all his brainwashed followers.

As one wit has commented, “I did Nazi this coming.”
Tucker seemed like a rich (rhymes) femme Nazi to me.

From commentary his getting fired may have had more to do with pending sexual abuse and hostile workplace litigation. FOX already paid settlements, another could end up with oversight.

From the woman suing women were roitinely called cunt at the show and racist slurs were common.
The misogynist term is flung about on this site unapologetically by some "progressive" posters. Ewhen I've tried to call them out on it, they've retreated to a Tucker like-huffiness and hauteur: that word is just embedded in their culture, so they're entitled to use it, and I'm a twit for not recognizing their entitlement. Yeah, right: "N" word and blackface and American culture c. 1920, anyone?

If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit down by me.
- Dorothy Parker

More juicy gossip from Vanity Fair. It is claim Murdoch canned Carlson for Carlson's becoming a messianic religious kook. Apparently this sort of stuff creeps Murdoch out.

Te article states that some in Murdoch's company take rupert's acting to oust purveyors of heavy religiosity from his professional life and personal life as "part of a string of erratic decisions he has made of late that raises questions about Murdoch’s leadership of his media empire. According to sources, executives at Fox are worried about Murdoch’s unsteady hand at the wheel of the company. 'It’s like the King is senile but no one wants to say anything,' the source said."
Doesn't seem to be evidence of senility to me. On the contrary.

Who Will Replace Tucker Carlson at Fox News? Here Are Mediaite’s Top Picks with American-style betting odds.

Greg Gutfeld (+250), Tulsi Gabbard (+750), Kayleigh McEnany (+2000), Brian Kilmeade (+500), Pete Hegseth (+1500), Meghan McCain (+6000), Jesse Watters (+150), Clay Travis (+2000), Dana Perino (+1000), Tiffany Cross (+75000), Will Cain (+500), Vivek Ramaswamy (+20000), Donald Trump (+7500)

American odds: if positive, payoff for betting 100, if negative, what one needs to pay to get back 100. For odnm = odds/100, the probability of winning is, for odnm > 0, 1/(odnm+1), and for odnm < 0, (-odnm)/((-odnm)+1). I calculated the probabilities, and they add up to 1.42.

Scaled version:
Greg Gutfeld (+400), Tulsi Gabbard (+1000), Kayleigh McEnany (+3000), Brian Kilmeade (+750), Pete Hegseth (+2000), Meghan McCain (+9000), Jesse Watters (+250), Clay Travis (+3000), Dana Perino (+1500), Tiffany Cross (+100000), Will Cain (+750), Vivek Ramaswamy (+30000), Donald Trump (+10000)

Gleeful Tucker Carlson tells DailyMail.com his future plans | Daily Mail Online
  • Tucker Carlson was 'blindsided' by the news that he was let go from Fox News on Monday after spending 14 years at the network - despite being the network's biggest primetime star
  • 'I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years,' the TV firebrand told DailyMail.com
  • Tucker spent Tuesday huddling with right-hand man Justin Wells - who lost his executive producer gig - as the cable news veterans plotted their next move
I wonder how Mrs Carlson feels about eating dinner more often with this ass.
What's this about Mrs Carlson eating ass?

Apologies to everyone in advance.

I love the irony of Tucker complaining about media providing news without context on fucking Twitter of all places. Or that Twitter believes in free speech when it censors harder than ever before. But the Q-tards and Trumpsuckers will lap this up regardless. Twitter really is Parler 2.0

I did not know that twitter had the technical platform that could handle a pod cast style show? I guess if any one could design the engineering needed to pull this off it would be Elon Musk. A show like Fox but without all the censoring from advertisers and plutocracy.

I think it is also worth noting that Tucker is leaving $20 million back to Fox in order to buy his freedom to speak again. He is a pretty rich man but $20 million is still a lot of money even with today's rampant inflation.

I did not know that twitter had the technical platform that could handle a pod cast style show?
It doesn't. Musk has been very lukewarm about this announcement.
I guess if any one could design the engineering needed to pull this off it would be Elon Musk.
At first I was skeptical, then I googled "Self driving cars Tesla" and "SpaceX new rocket launch" and realise that you might be right. Pity Elon already fired all the people who could have achieved this for him, genius uber-lord that he is.
A show like Fox but without all the censoring from advertisers and plutocracy.
That's just a convoluted way of saying no advertising. A bold move considering Twitter's revenue mostly comes from advertising. Another brilliant insightful observation.
I think it is also worth noting that Tucker is leaving $20 million back to Fox in order to buy his freedom to speak again. He is a pretty rich man but $20 million is still a lot of money even with today's rampant inflation.
Not even remotely what's happening but you're this deep into your fantasy, so I'll just let this one go to the keeper.

God bless you RVonse, you never disappoint.

I am not sure Stinky Carlson understands Twitter. But he has a huge mansion so he can set up a nice basement studio to podcast from. Much better than Mom's basement I am sure.

As Tucker Carlson prepares to take his show to Twitter, workers from Fox News, the network which fired the primetime opinion host last month, have reportedly dismantled the home studio it built him in Maine.

“Fox came in last week and got all their shit out of there,” DailyMail.com quoted Patrick Feeney, who it said was managing work to rebuild the studio, as saying.

“They took the set and everything, all the equipment, the chairs, the desk, the fake walls, everything.”

Fox News has not commented on Carlson’s firing beyond its initial statement on the day it happened, 24 April.

As Tucker Carlson prepares to take his show to Twitter, workers from Fox News, the network which fired the primetime opinion host last month, have reportedly dismantled the home studio it built him in Maine.

“Fox came in last week and got all their shit out of there,” DailyMail.com quoted Patrick Feeney, who it said was managing work to rebuild the studio, as saying.

“They took the set and everything, all the equipment, the chairs, the desk, the fake walls, everything.”

Fox News has not commented on Carlson’s firing beyond its initial statement on the day it happened, 24 April.
I can't claim to have a home studio like Tucker, but I am typing this reply from a desk (with rack space for studio equipment) that was paid for by a media company. I have a studio quality microphone and processor that were once the property of another rather large media company. Nobody has shown up at my door to confiscate these things.

I have friends who have home studios, and my former work studio was renovated in 2017. It took months, and was very, very expensive. This story makes me smile for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom