• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good Bye, Tucker. And don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Since leaving Fox, Carlson kicked off a “Tucker on Twitter” series — arguing that Twitter was “the only” major remaining platform that allows free speech as he denounced news media. The series, which has published two episodes so far, has appeared to escalate contract tensions between Carlson and Fox.

Fox has demanded Carlson stop posting videos to Twitter, The New York Times also reported Monday — as the network’s lawyers accuse Carlson of violating his contract, which runs until early 2025 and restricts his ability to appear on other media outlets. Meanwhile, Carlson’s lawyers have said the network breached the contract first.

As Tucker Carlson prepares to take his show to Twitter, workers from Fox News, the network which fired the primetime opinion host last month, have reportedly dismantled the home studio it built him in Maine.

“Fox came in last week and got all their shit out of there,” DailyMail.com quoted Patrick Feeney, who it said was managing work to rebuild the studio, as saying.

“They took the set and everything, all the equipment, the chairs, the desk, the fake walls, everything.”

Fox News has not commented on Carlson’s firing beyond its initial statement on the day it happened, 24 April.
I can't claim to have a home studio like Tucker, but I am typing this reply from a desk (with rack space for studio equipment) that was paid for by a media company. I have a studio quality microphone and processor that were once the property of another rather large media company. Nobody has shown up at my door to confiscate these things.

I have friends who have home studios, and my former work studio was renovated in 2017. It took months, and was very, very expensive. This story makes me smile for some reason.

With his money he can put it all back within a week or buy an already existing studio anywhere in the world. :whistle:

I'm not linking it, but Tucker on Twitter did a brain bleeding show with Qanon fuckup Russell Brand claiming that Jan6 was a false flag operation. I'm surprised/disappointed RVonse hasn't started a thread about it, but it really is cringe-worthy stuff to watch if you feel you should be punished for something you did this week.

I wish that was a sign that people were getting tired of his schtick and lies... and not because they can get the same stuff elsewhere and more conveniently.

When will it be widely acknowledged that Twitter does not readily spring to mind as a go-to platform for streaming content? It would be more fitting for Tucker to consider streaming on platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, or the emerging Kick. I would particularly recommend Kick, as they are known for providing streamers with the most generous revenue share.

What an idiot.

Fox News’ relationship with Turning Point USA is 'basically over': report

Fox News and its sister channel Fox Business gave TPUSA plenty of favorable coverage in the past. But according to Daily Beast reporter Justin Baragona, Fox News "appears to have distanced itself" from the group — although not out of the goodness of its heart.

A Fox News insider, presumably interviewed on condition of anonymity, told the Beast, "Fox's relationship with Turning Point is basically over. They don't want their talent associated with them anymore."

Baragona describes Turning Point's past events as "Fox-heavy affairs" that featured speeches from Laura Ingraham, Jeanine Pirro, Jesse Watters and other Fox hosts. But Fox News is distancing itself from TPUSA, according to Baragona, because it is "wary about letting its stars appear at conservative events with known election deniers and conspiracy theorists in the wake of Fox's massive $787.5-million settlement" with Dominion Voting Systems. That includes the 2023 Turning Point Action Conference, abbreviated ActCon.

Absent Trump's baseless claims about the Dominion voting systems, Tucker would presumably retain his position at Fox, Fox Business and TPUSA would continue their harmonious picnics, and the Republican party would not find itself ensnared in its current self-imposed chaos. Truly a testament to extraordinary leadership.

Experts say conservative network Fox News could face a “a fairly strong” lawsuit from a man who Tucker Carlson repeatedly accused of working as a government agent and carrying out the January 6 insurrection.

Carlson, who was fired from the network in April, repeatedly alleged that Ray Epps was a secret government agent who coordinated the January 6 riots, the New York Times reported.

Epps, a Trump supporter and former marine, has been at the center of a far-right conspiracy theory after an article by a rightwing website argued that he was spared from criminal charges because of his covert role.

Carlson and other rightwing figures, including members of Congress, have latched onto the false theory that Epps was a government agent involved in whipping up the January 6 attack.

Experts say conservative network Fox News could face a “a fairly strong” lawsuit from a man who Tucker Carlson repeatedly accused of working as a government agent and carrying out the January 6 insurrection.

Carlson, who was fired from the network in April, repeatedly alleged that Ray Epps was a secret government agent who coordinated the January 6 riots, the New York Times reported.

Epps, a Trump supporter and former marine, has been at the center of a far-right conspiracy theory after an article by a rightwing website argued that he was spared from criminal charges because of his covert role.

Carlson and other rightwing figures, including members of Congress, have latched onto the false theory that Epps was a government agent involved in whipping up the January 6 attack.
Good one. Old Tucker the fucker might end up being a billion dollar baby. Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Russian TV news channel Rossiya 24 has aired a trailer for a weekend show featuring former Fox News journalist Tucker Carlson.
The state-run broadcaster did not make clear whether it will feature original content or be a translation of his regular English-language videos on X.
Carlson abruptly left Fox News in April where his populist conservative takes were renowned.
Rossiya 24 has not yet said when the show will air.
The advert, first shared earlier this month, aired again on 22 September with the words "on the weekend" but no further details.
In it Carlson is seen repeatedly saying the word "Russia" - in what appeared to be clips spliced together from earlier broadcasts - and concludes with footage of him saying the word "24".

This was accompanied by on-screen text reading: "The high-profile American presenter is moving to another level. Here."

Cucker Tarlson was always taking orders from Putin, so it makes sense that he is now working even closer with them. But why have a middle man at all? Can't he just move there, room with Steven Segal, and do his schtik from mother Russia?

Such the intellectual.

I’m sure he has come to his conclusions after extensive research in the field. I look forward to reading Tucker et al. in the journals any day now.

Such the intellectual.

He knows his non-intellectual audience very well. They never miss a good informative freak show.
Apparently he also said to Rogan that nobody knows where the technology for nuclear weapons came from. Even Rogan was like "wtf??"

He sounds even dumber on the video. "God created people." As you can see, the fundies love it.

Here's his nuclear technology conspiracy stupidity.

Tucker may actually believe the right wing nutterbutter nonsense he traffics in, but I have doubts. He's simply too literate and knows how to use the language. His father was director of Voice of America and president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Tucker got a degree in history from Trinity College (Connecticut.) Now, it's very believable that he's right of center, but to me, it's unlikely that he believes the drivel he pushed to become a Fox star. I think he made the cynical calculation that there was a fortune to be made catering to the lunacy, stupidity, and racial paranoia of the Moscow Marjorie voter. And he was correct. I love it that his private emails reveal that he sees Trump as I do. You're so right, Tuck. Trump is 'a demonic force, a destroyer', and 'there really isn't an upside' to the wretch. I, too, 'hate him passionately.' The difference is, I didn't have to subsequently make loud, slurpy kisses on Trump's rear end. Tucker's developed a taste for that.

Back
Top Bottom